• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Amazing $69 rate for Doubletree at Universal

I just stayed four nights @ $69. Well worth the price! Easy 10-15 minute walk to the front of the parks. Rooms were OK. We had a fridge and overlooked the pool. Only complaint was the bugs! Small little things all over the desk and bathroom. They sprayed while we were at the park and it seemed to work. Pretty gross at first.
Walgreens was a 4 minute walk away. Very handy!
Overall, a nice cheap hotel. Friendly staff. I'll do that again (at that price).

We have stayed at this hotel twice and really like it. Yes you can walk to Universal but it's about 10 mins. take a shuttle if its readily available, it can be a tiring walk if it's really hot!

The only reason we are not staying there this time is because we wanted to stay on site for a change.

We never saw any bugs when we were there.

I stayed there last year because of such low rate. Since I was spending all my days at parks, I didn't use pool or amenities. Very clean, free breakfast and walking distance to parks so I didn't need to pay to park.

I would stay there again.

as this is a universal partner hotel can you use pools at on site hotels??

I just booked doubletree for one night nov 24 (a sat.) for $79. I used the old link in the above thread (for the 69 rate).
expedia has it for $92!

we will be at RPR for 3 nights after, but decided to leave a day early,since airfare is higher on sun cause of thanksgiving weekend.

question: since this is a partner hotel, will we be able to enter the clubs at citywalk? (we will probably buy 3 daytickets, starting the next day) if not the clubs, can we just walk around, do the mini golf, buy a beer, at the stands, etc?

also,while we are at RPR, if we buy our tickets through dreams unlimited(3 day base), does that cover city walk? while at RPR, we want to eat at jimmy buffet's and go to pat o'brien's.

thanks!

I am at Rph now.
I love this hotel!

Any multi day ticket pass, no matter where bought them, is good for waving the cover charges at city walk.

When I went to bob marleys and rising star on Wednesday night, I think the cover charge was in effect at 9:00

thanks mac!
we will be purchasing 3 day tickets for our 3 days at RPR. they will begin on the 25th. the night of the 24 we will be at doubletree with no tickets, since we decided to book a flight a day early (much cheaper).
thought we might walk over to city walk that night (no tickets yet) can we do the minigolf? get a bee from the stands and walk around? at what time do you need the city walk tickets(or myulticay tickets) to get into restaurants/clubs without a cover?

we could also walk over the the ale house or tgif. just looking at options for that first night "offsite".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter