• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amanda & Josh's Wishes Wedding - 05.04.15 - SBP/Attic/UK Lochside - The End (Complete)

It seems like everything is coming along really nicely! I love your something Blue and "faith trust pixie dust" love tinkerbell :goodvibes also can't believe your DF hasn't picked groomsmen yet!! Hope that all goes well and happy dance to only 62 days!! :jumping1:

Oh my goodness so close!! Sean, my DF, was exactly the same about asking his groomsmen. They knew who they were but even they were wondering when they were going to get asked. :)

You are planning the wedding I would have wanted if I could have afforded a DFTW!

Love your brunch menu! I love brunch! We're also doing brunch! Woohoo!!

Also, we visited the Attic and it was beautiful!

It seems like everything is coming along really nicely! I love your something Blue and "faith trust pixie dust" love tinkerbell :goodvibes also can't believe your DF hasn't picked groomsmen yet!! Hope that all goes well and happy dance to only 62 days!! :jumping1:

No kidding about the groomsmen. Men! Haha. And double happy dance because your wedding is just after mine! :goodvibes

Oh my goodness so close!! Sean, my DF, was exactly the same about asking his groomsmen. They knew who they were but even they were wondering when they were going to get asked. :)

You are planning the wedding I would have wanted if I could have afforded a DFTW!

Love your brunch menu! I love brunch! We're also doing brunch! Woohoo!!

Also, we visited the Attic and it was beautiful!

Thank you! I love brunch too. It's the best of both worlds: you can have breakfast food and lunch dishes. :) I'm also glad to hear that my DF isn't the only one dragging his feet about groomsmen. I really don't get what the hold up is. I asked my girls within 4 weeks of our engagement. LOL

I love both ideas for honoring your grandfather, I say do both! They're really sweet and I think very fitting to honor someone so important to you.

I love the bouquet charm so much! (Actually, this post makes me realize I have no idea where mine is.........oops). So exciting to get those little packages in the mail from Disney!

Josh hasn't asked his groomsmen yet!? I gotta admit, my mouth kind of fell open at that one. Get on it Josh!

I was pretty slow asking my groomsmen too, when I finally did I actually had Jess standing over me because she wanted to make sure it finally happened! I never really formally asked either of them to be the best man either, I've known both of them for literally the exact same amount of time and it seemed unfair to pick one over the other so they basically found out that the rehearsal that I was treating them both as the Best Man and just splitting the duties evenly between them (ie one next to me at the ceremony, the other at the reception and so on).

I also really like those ideas for honouring your grandfather. I'm with Jenn, do both!

I've been slacking a bit with updating my PJ. That is partly due to being distracted with work issues and classes, and also due in part to a lull in planning. However, we're at 47 days out now and I'm quickly realizing how much is left to do, buy, and finish. In good news, Josh finally asked his groomsmen. We have 5 groomsmen to my 2 bridesmaids… it may be a little awkward in pictures. Oh well!

I think we may make Disney wedding history. We have a 100% yes response rate to our RSVPs. There is only one potential question mark. Of course, we need to follow-up with guests to see if they will be able to attend our welcome luncheon the day before. Some people are arriving to Florida that day, so we may miss a few people.

In other news, I bought the prettiest Cinderella compact to use on our wedding day. It can be my something new (and a second something blue!). :)

dHY49Nvl.jpg

Isn't it pretty?!

uxPkEBwl.jpg

Close up details.

Also, after seeing how my hair and makeup from the trial looked in our engagement pictures, I think I am changing basically everything for our wedding day. LOL. I have been scouring Pinterest for pictures of fronts of up-dos, and that task is much harder than you would think. Finally, I found a combination of a front and a back that I really like.

jh3ClWcl.jpg

I prefer a simpler, slicked back style in front as opposed to the swoop style from my trial.

ufxE6hml.png

A braided up-do.

iQ994epl.png

From a different angle.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any makeup inspiration pictures that I really love. But I think I will request warmer tones as I felt that my makeup looked a little harsh in some of our engagement photos. Hopefully it won't be an issue that I want to change everything… maybe it's a good thing that my start time is 4 a.m. after all. (Ha ha!)

I'm not sure how I've never seen your PJ before as we are using the same location and have very similar colours. It's almost time for your wedding and I'm only up to your planning session (and about to be late for a rare date with my fiancé because I got so engrossed!) but everything you have planned looks awesome! Can't wait to finish catching up!!!

I love your hair inspiration I have been having a similar hard time with the right undo everyone has such different angles with their face and that can really alter the look but your choices look great!

Wowee, 100% response rate? That is virtually unheard of! On the flip side, I'm so glad so many people are excited for your wedding and want to be a part of your day.

That compact is GORGEOUS! Holy crap. I do love the hairspiration you've pulled now, that will be stunning on your wedding day. I feel like it's hard to find makeup reference pictures, but I'm sure you can just use your trial pictures and explain what you would like to be different from those.

I can't believe how close it is!! Absolutely nuts :)

I'm not sure how I've never seen your PJ before as we are using the same location and have very similar colours. It's almost time for your wedding and I'm only up to your planning session (and about to be late for a rare date with my fiancé because I got so engrossed!) but everything you have planned looks awesome! Can't wait to finish catching up!!!

Welcome! :goodvibes I hope you made it on time to your date. LOL. Also, it feels so weird to hear and think that it's almost time for our wedding. When you start planning 16 months out, it's a little surreal when you get down to the wire!

I love your hair inspiration I have been having a similar hard time with the right undo everyone has such different angles with their face and that can really alter the look but your choices look great!

Thank you! You wouldn't think finding different angles of hairstyles would be so difficult. Haha.

Wowee, 100% response rate? That is virtually unheard of! On the flip side, I'm so glad so many people are excited for your wedding and want to be a part of your day.

That compact is GORGEOUS! Holy crap. I do love the hairspiration you've pulled now, that will be stunning on your wedding day. I feel like it's hard to find makeup reference pictures, but I'm sure you can just use your trial pictures and explain what you would like to be different from those.

I can't believe how close it is!! Absolutely nuts :)

In fairness, we didn't send out that many invitations and had an idea of who might be coming beforehand. But I am still surprised that we got 100%! And yes, I can't believe how close we're getting. Time is going by both too slowly and too quickly, if that makes sense. Haha!

Love your new hair inspiration photos! I have also had quite a challenge locating photos of the fronts of up dos. You are going to look so beautiful!

Y'all, we are 34 days from the wedding!!! I only have 21 and half days of work between now and then, too. Aside from all of the things I have left to finish for my graduate program (but the finish line is so, so CLOSE), I have a thousand little things left to do for the wedding. I am trying to stay calm.

First things first, some friends are throwing me an informal bridal shower in a few weeks. :) I wanted something really low-key with just a few people. Here are the invitations that she made for it. Aren't they cute?! I'm excited for it. That will be after the semester ends for me, but still enough time before the wedding that I can indulge in a couple of margaritas. ;)

D1L3OiAl.jpg

I'm sure at this point you are all tired of seeing my dress, but I had a fitting over the weekend. I kind of had a minor bridal meltdown because I felt like my dress made me look HUGE. Whether irrational or not, then I felt a sudden panic that I would like horrible on the wedding day and totally ruin our photos. LOL.

I think I will feel much better once alterations are completely finished (hopefully). Unfortunately, my last fitting is April 22 so that doesn't leave much time in case last minute changes need to be made. Here are a couple of progress pictures:

BinWBill.jpg

EkD4mIil.jpg

I have also been exploring options for a clutch to carry on the wedding day with just the essentials (phone, lipstick, ID). Here are some I really like so far:

z8EVNsBl.png

This one is so pretty, but is a little more than I want to spend.

9F6yvnZl.jpg

This clutch is half the price, but I don't think it's quite as nice looking.

I'm also on the hunt for a dress to wear to our welcome lunch. I'm having a tough time finding just the right amount of dressiness. When I choose one, I will share it here. Over the next few weeks (since that’s really all we have left until the wedding!), I will also share our trip ADRs/tentative plans as well as our final floral proposal.There are plenty of updates to come as we keep getting closer to the day. So stay tuned. ;)

:confused3:goodvibes:goodvibes
Y'all, we are 34 days from the wedding!!! I only have 21 and half days of work between now and then, too. Aside from all of the things I have left to finish for my graduate program (but the finish line is so, so CLOSE), I have a thousand little things left to do for the wedding. I am trying to stay calm.

First things first, some friends are throwing me an informal bridal shower in a few weeks. :) I wanted something really low-key with just a few people. Here are the invitations that she made for it. Aren't they cute?! I'm excited for it. That will be after the semester ends for me, but still enough time before the wedding that I can indulge in a couple of margaritas. ;)

D1L3OiAl.jpg

I'm sure at this point you are all tired of seeing my dress, but I had a fitting over the weekend. I kind of had a minor bridal meltdown because I felt like my dress made me look HUGE. Whether irrational or not, then I felt a sudden panic that I would like horrible on the wedding day and totally ruin our photos. LOL.

I think I will feel much better once alterations are completely finished (hopefully). Unfortunately, my last fitting is April 22 so that doesn't leave much time in case last minute changes need to be made. Here are a couple of progress pictures:

BinWBill.jpg

EkD4mIil.jpg

I have also been exploring options for a clutch to carry on the wedding day with just the essentials (phone, lipstick, ID). Here are some I really like so far:

z8EVNsBl.png

This one is so pretty, but is a little more than I want to spend.

9F6yvnZl.jpg

This clutch is half the price, but I don't think it's quite as nice looking.

I'm also on the hunt for a dress to wear to our welcome lunch. I'm having a tough time finding just the right amount of dressiness. When I choose one, I will share it here. Over the next few weeks (since that’s really all we have left until the wedding!), I will also share our trip ADRs/tentative plans as well as our final floral proposal.There are plenty of updates to come as we keep getting closer to the day. So stay tuned. ;)

I love your bridal shower invite so cute!!! Make sure to post how that goes hope you get lots of little goodies! and I so understand the questioning your dress feeling its horrible especially being so close but you look amazing in your dress it doesn't make you look big at all! I love the first clutch the most but the second one I like that it can be on your shoulder :confused3 and you should check out Kohls or Windsor or even Macys when they have sales I saw some really cute semi formal dresses there right now I am looking for a legal ceremony dress! Loving all your plans getting so close! :jumping3:

How exciting that your shower invite went out! It'll be great to have a little let loose time after your semester is over but before things get into really crazy times wedding-wise. Let us know how it goes!

I'm sorry your last fitting wasn't as positive as you could have hoped (and no, we'll never be sick of your dress!) I hope your next fitting goes smoothly and that all you feel is happy and excited!

I do agree with you that first clutch is stunning. Would you ever use it again? (My justification for everything hahaha). I ended up getting my dress for the rehearsal at Macy's, but I wish I had thought to check Rent the Runway first as I liked my dress from there sooooooo much more. I highly recommend it (though I'm not sure how you would get the dress back to a UPS pickup - maybe Disney could ship it or a relative could take it home?) If you don't have much luck in the stores I suggest you check it out!

:confused3:goodvibes:goodvibes

I love your bridal shower invite so cute!!! Make sure to post how that goes hope you get lots of little goodies! and I so understand the questioning your dress feeling its horrible especially being so close but you look amazing in your dress it doesn't make you look big at all! I love the first clutch the most but the second one I like that it can be on your shoulder :confused3 and you should check out Kohls or Windsor or even Macys when they have sales I saw some really cute semi formal dresses there right now I am looking for a legal ceremony dress! Loving all your plans getting so close! :jumping3:

I will definitely check those places out! Thanks for the recommendation! :goodvibes

How exciting that your shower invite went out! It'll be great to have a little let loose time after your semester is over but before things get into really crazy times wedding-wise. Let us know how it goes!

I'm sorry your last fitting wasn't as positive as you could have hoped (and no, we'll never be sick of your dress!) I hope your next fitting goes smoothly and that all you feel is happy and excited!

I do agree with you that first clutch is stunning. Would you ever use it again? (My justification for everything hahaha). I ended up getting my dress for the rehearsal at Macy's, but I wish I had thought to check Rent the Runway first as I liked my dress from there sooooooo much more. I highly recommend it (though I'm not sure how you would get the dress back to a UPS pickup - maybe Disney could ship it or a relative could take it home?) If you don't have much luck in the stores I suggest you check it out!

I am a big fan of Rent the Runway! I may decide to rent a clutch and rehearsal dress from there, but I've also seen a few good dresses on ModCloth. I would probably not use the clutch again (or at least very, very rarely if ever) so that's why I'm having a hard time justifying spending a lot. Haha.

I found a couple more options that might work. The first one is a total steal, less than $10:

bxJcnWzl.jpg

The chain strap is removable. I'm afraid this might be too much lace with my dress, though.

5ewAsQ2l.jpg

This one is a little different. It's not as formal, but it matches the blush pink color of my bouquet and my shoes (not that they'll be visible). I'm almost afraid this might be a little too big. Argh!

Well, today has involved a flurry of E-mails between Disney and us because this is the business day closest to our 30 day mark (which is tomorrow). We officially got our comp night which will be used at the Grand Floridian. :) The biggest piece of news is that we made a last minute addition: the Dapper Dans! They are officially available and will be performing at our reception. :woohoo:

I'm still waiting to hear back about possible song options. Currently, they are scheduled to perform a set during the cocktail hour, one during lunch, and then another right before we cut the cake. I think that seems like a pretty good balance. I want there to be some time during the meal for guests to enjoy eating and chatting.

We also received our programs in the mail yesterday. Overall, I am pretty happy with them. They are somewhat simple, but I like them. In this picture, it looks a little more like black, but the color here is navy.

Y9L8pDwl.jpg

The front.

SBKd1Fvl.jpg

The inside. The text is also navy.

We have to fold them all, so that will be an activity for this weekend. I think I'm going to start pre-packing things that need to be dropped off at Franck's as we get them ready to ease stress the week of our departure! Can't believe we are at the ONE MONTH mark.

Your programs look great!!! I love the navy and sand dollars they look really nice and YEY FOR DAPPER DANS that was one reason I wanted a WDW wedding well I shall live vicariously through your wedding if you don't mind ;) and congrats on such a big milestone! Your wedding will be here before you know it :Pinkbounc

Happy Planning
Melissa :goodvibes

Your programs look great!!! I love the navy and sand dollars they look really nice and YEY FOR DAPPER DANS that was one reason I wanted a WDW wedding well I shall live vicariously through your wedding if you don't mind ;) and congrats on such a big milestone! Your wedding will be here before you know it :Pinkbounc

Happy Planning
Melissa :goodvibes

Haha. I don't mind at all! Actually, when we first started planning, I really wanted a Disney Cruise wedding. I just loved the thought of going somewhere tropical and gorgeous, then getting married on the beach, so I will live vicariously through your wedding too. ;)

Last edited:
Haha. I don't mind at all! Actually, when we first started planning, I really wanted a Disney Cruise wedding. I just loved the thought of going somewhere tropical and gorgeous, then getting married on the beach, so I will live vicariously through your wedding too. ;)

How funny is that?! I wish I could get married at every disney location that would be so amazing! and yes please do I will make sure to post lots of pictures and a full report!

Happy Planning
Melissa:goodvibes

The programs turned out beautifully! And a side note that made me smile, though it may seem silly, we share a middle name, spelling and all! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter