Am I the only person only going to one park

I have seen CM ask pool "visitors" at the BW to leave on a few different stays.

I've also seen them ask people to leave the Poly.

SAB you can't even get into.... we went down in May with our kids and I left my 2 year olds key in the room.... my DH had to go back up and get his key (even though we had the other 3) so that he could go in. We all had to wait for him. So there is definitely no"viewing" in the pool area there!

Yes, she has.. she does not believe they are disneyworld because they don't have the castle. It's not a big deal to me.

I think you'd get a different response if you took her to the sections that had characters. ;)

I can't imagine only going to MK and it is my favorite. Really, I don't understand going all the way to Orlando to visit one park and then spend the rest of the time relaxing at the pool. If I wanted a relaxing vacation, I'd choose a beach resort. WDW has some nice pools but a pool is a pool is a pool. We definitely don't need to travel all that way to find a nice pool.

When my DD15 was little, she loved DHS for the Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. Now they have the Toy Story ride. EpCot has always been a family favorite. The only park that we don't really care for is AK. We're all skipping it on our upcoming trip and DH almost always skips it. We love The Lion King Show but can take or leave pretty much all the rest of it.

We typically do visit DD for an evening or two but mostly because my DH and DS love Wolfgang's pizza so much. We're also big magarita fans from the stand there and we're from Texas so we know a thing or two about margaritas. We find it to be a relaxing evening. We're not big shoppers and usually only buy a Christmas ornament. DD had very little attraction for a young child.

For me the better plan with a little one is to buy as long a ticket as possible and visit the parks often but in smaller doses. A one day visit is exhausting because you're trying to cram it all in. A long ticket allows you to go in in the AM and then leave when it becomes overwhelming or too hot. You can spend the rest of the day relaxing, swimming, napping. You can go back out in the evening if you're up to it or not.

You have to do what works for you and your family. We live two hours away and only take two- or three-day trips so as not to burn out, so to me only hitting one park is not a foreign concept.

This is pretty much us. We live a bit farther at 3.5 hours away but we usually only go for 2-3 day trips, stopping at 1-2 parks. We have only rarely taken longer trips and we've only done 1 trip where we did all 4 parks all in one trip. We go at least once a year, often more, and we've been enough times that we just don't have to do it all.

Anyway, we used to take our kids on 1 day trips when they were 2-3 years old. We would stay in a Disney Value Resort for a couple nights at most and spend one day in the MK. Worked great, but again, we knew we'd be back.

we have been going to Disney with kids since DD was 25 months. She still tells us about that first trip and she is 9. so don't assume your kid won't get anything.

Our favorite parks are AK and Epcot. We will generally spend less than a day in MK since it isn't a favorite of ours.

We are big on park hopping. A lot of trips we won't even venture to downtown disney.

We are DVC members and you are not allowed to pool hop to certain resorts. AKV,BLT and BC immediately come to mind/

As much as I love Disney, I don't find it to be a sit back and relax at the pool kind of vacation! I am a mostly SAHM (teach part time during the school year), so my summers are just that - sit back and relax at the pool - so I want my vacation to be action-packed, go-go-go, be exhausted when I get home, and need a vacation from my vacation kind of trip!

I took my girls in January. They were barely 3 and 19 months at the time. We went to all 4 parks and hopped nearly every day. We didn't do any pools because it was only 70 outside (not swimming weather to me). They loved it! They weren't overwhelmed because we would often just find a quiet spot and let them look around, explore, eat their snack. They were wiped by nap time and bed time, but it was a good kind of wiped.

For people taking their first trip with kids that are talking, beware of DTD. It is really nothing but retail hell for someone with young children!! And keeping track of shopping toddlers is also not easy with the store layouts. Unless you enjoy a few hours of saying nothing but nope we are not getting that, another park day is way cheaper!!!

When we took our 2 yo, we planned for a park a day. But we made allowances fornpark hopping. We didn't go from park to park for meals, but if there was something we wanted to do or seemin mk and we where in epoch we just went over. it worked out fine.

As much as I love Disney, I don't find it to be a sit back and relax at the pool kind of vacation! I am a mostly SAHM (teach part time during the school year), so my summers are just that - sit back and relax at the pool - so I want my vacation to be action-packed, go-go-go, be exhausted when I get home, and need a vacation from my vacation kind of trip!

I took my girls in January. They were barely 3 and 19 months at the time. We went to all 4 parks and hopped nearly every day. We didn't do any pools because it was only 70 outside (not swimming weather to me). They loved it! They weren't overwhelmed because we would often just find a quiet spot and let them look around, explore, eat their snack. They were wiped by nap time and bed time, but it was a good kind of wiped.

I agree!

If I wanted to just sit by the pool all day and shop all night, I would just stay home and save a few $1000's! lol.

My dh and I disagree on this all of the time. He says a vacation should be relaxing, sleeping in late, eating a big meal at a restaurant, doing nothing. When I go to WDW, I want to see everything and do everything. I could stay home for free and sleep late, go out to dinner and do nothing.

So, for my family we would never travel all the way to Orlando and just ride WDW buses from one resort to another. Or spend a day at the "mall" (DTD).

To the OP, I would visit other parks. Your child will have a blast!!

On our very first family trip (DS was three, and DD was only 6 months) we mostly stayed at MK (except for one day when we went to AK, but left early as DD got sick). It was a four day trip and with the little ones being so, well, little, we found that a slower pace worked best for us. It was a "stop and smell the roses" kind of trip. However, I think that there is a lot do do, even for the little kids, at AK and Epcot- DS loves Soarin' and Illuminations!

Just to clarify for those of you who "can't imagine" going to Disney and hanging out by the pool - seriously, Disney fans don't have better imaginations?;) - we had every intention of going to the Parks more often. But playing it by ear with a toddler often means putting aside what you WANT for what they want. Luckily we stayed at Kidani, so we had a great pool and tons to do there even though our plans changed over time.

The next trip may be very different. We shall see! Enjoy your trip and see what unfolds. It could surprise you either way.

Just to clarify for those of you who "can't imagine" going to Disney and hanging out by the pool - seriously, Disney fans don't have better imaginations?;) - we had every intention of going to the Parks more often. But playing it by ear with a toddler often means putting aside what you WANT for what they want. Luckily we stayed at Kidani, so we had a great pool and tons to do there even though our plans changed over time.

The next trip may be very different. We shall see! Enjoy your trip and see what unfolds. It could surprise you either way.

I have no problem hanging out at the pools but to do that all day while on vacation, while at Disney seems pointless. I have a pool at home I can use, so the pool isn't a big thing for me.

If I wanted to spend a week playing by the water with my kids, I'd go to a local resort with a water park, or rent a lakehouse which we did last month. For me (and my girls), Disney is about more than pools. Plus I have yet to go to Disney when it's warm enough to go in the pool. I do Disney at my girls' pace, and that is as fast as their little legs can go:lovestruc

No need to suggest that it was pointless or what you would have done instead. Plans change, simple as that. We were very happy with our time in the park and with the characters.

Back to the original point of the thread - people can do what they choose at Disney and have a great time. But others choose differently. And somehow we all survive!

No need to suggest that it was pointless or what you would have done instead. Plans change, simple as that. We were very happy with our time in the park and with the characters.

Back to the original point of the thread - people can do what they choose at Disney and have a great time. But others choose differently. And somehow we all survive!

You asked the question.

Not very many, people would travel to Orlando do go to just one park.

I know someone who has family not to far from Orlando and they plan to take their children to just MK for one day. I couldn't do it. I told her it would be cheaper for her to go on a party night and go on the rides. They don't want to do that.

To me it would be like going on vacation to the beach, but never spending any time at the beach.

I guess it depends on your child. At age 2, DD would never have stood for a non-park day. She was at the door with the stroller in the morning before we were ready trying to hurry us up to get to the park. If we had told her we weren't going to a park that day, she would have been a very unhappy child. At age 2, DD absolutely adored Epcot (still does and she is 5 now). I can't imagine missing out on that on her first trip. We did a park a day for a week, and DD did absolutely fine at age 2. I used to love DTD, but now it just seems like a glorified outside mall. I certainly wouldn't plan on spending a day there. DD used to want to go there because there was a McDonalds. Now, that the McDonalds is gone, she doesn't care about going there. If we had to skip something it would be DTD before any of the parks. I can't imagine going to WDW and going to one park unless we lived within an hour of the place.

As far as DH, if he had to pick one park, his choice would be Epcot (of course we would never go without going to MK too). Of course, that is probably greatly influenced by the beer selection there!
I wouldn't go to DHS just for Disney Jr. While DD likes it, that is the one show that tends to drive DH and I crazy. I was cracking up when we saw it at DL/CA a few weeks ago, because the Dad next to me couldn't take it and got up and left his family. I told him I didn't blame him. We absolutely love the Beauty and the Beast show at DHS though.

I am a cast member and as far as I know, as long as you are a resort guest, you can go to other Disney resorts and try out the pools and look around the resort to see if you want to stay there in the future. The only resorts you cant really use is GF (Grand Floridian) and Contemporary - you have to wear a bracelet. Also the lifeguards or anybody else are not allowed to ask a guest if they belong there as not to insult that guest. Its probably an underwritten rule but that is what I was told when I was training. Also, cast members are allowed to use any of the pools except GF, Cont and Poly.
CM are not allowed to use any of the pools unless you are a hotel guest or visiting a guest - not sure where you got this info but it is not correct :scared1:

I am a cast member and as far as I know, as long as you are a resort guest, you can go to other Disney resorts and try out the pools and look around the resort to see if you want to stay there in the future. The only resorts you cant really use is GF (Grand Floridian) and Contemporary - you have to wear a bracelet. Also the lifeguards or anybody else are not allowed to ask a guest if they belong there as not to insult that guest. Its probably an underwritten rule but that is what I was told when I was training. Also, cast members are allowed to use any of the pools except GF, Cont and Poly.

It not that we give out wrong info but the company tells you guys one thing and us another and I think you guys get all wound up about the rules when really they will never insult a guest or tell you, you have to leave unless you are hurting someone or doing something illegal. I would use discretion when using pools and use the pools that are in line with your resort. Value to value, etc. Any resort guests can go and visit and walk around another resort. Like the buses for instance, the written rules are that you are supposed to show your room keys but in reality, we are not allowed to ask for room keys. We transport loads of people who are not staying at our resorts but we are not allowed to say anything. So go figure!

I think you need to go back to your CM training. Pool hopping is only permitted by DVC members and not allowed at specific pools (BLT, pools at BC/YC, AKL/AKV pools) and is blacked out for specific times of the year. there are signs at all the pools that state they are for the use of the guests at that resort. GF and CR do not use bracelets to identify guests at the pool. Only Stormalong Bay and Polynesian at this point.

And most assuredly, lifeguards and other CMs at the pools ask guests if they are staying at that resort. They do it all the time.

Bus drivers haven't asked to see guest KTTW for over 15 years or more.

And you cannot bring a refillable mug back for future trips. They are only good for the trip you bought it. ;)

And the black squares on the Swan and Dolphin are not where the monorail was supposed to go when it is?? extended to DHS. ;)

I have no problem hanging out at the pools but to do that all day while on vacation, while at Disney seems pointless. I have a pool at home I can use, so the pool isn't a big thing for me.

That is exactly how we feel. We have a pool and a lake at our house so hanging out with water is all we do all summer long -everyday.

I don't need to pay a ton of $$$ to hang out by water.

I think you need to go back to your CM training. Pool hopping is only permitted by DVC members and not allowed at specific pools (BLT, pools at BC/YC, AKL/AKV pools) and is blacked out for specific times of the year. there are signs at all the pools that state they are for the use of the guests at that resort. GF and CR do not use bracelets to identify guests at the pool. Only Stormalong Bay and Polynesian at this point.

And most assuredly, lifeguards and other CMs at the pools ask guests if they are staying at that resort. They do it all the time.

Bus drivers haven't asked to see guest KTTW for over 15 years or more.

And you cannot bring a refillable mug back for future trips. They are only good for the trip you bought it. ;)

And the black squares on the Swan and Dolphin are not where the monorail was supposed to go when it is?? extended to DHS. ;)

To those of you on this board:

I am really sorry for giving out wrong information. I was really told this info but looked into it further and found I was given the wrong info. I was under the impression we could use the pools and to tell you the truth we never tried it but just figured the ones who told me knew what they were talking about. I have walked by the pools and never saw lifeguards asking for id and was actually told in training that the lifeguards were not allowed to insult a guest by asking them if they belong there. They did point out the more expensive hotels and DVC resorts were different. Anyway, again I apologize for giving out wrong info and will tell my husband and kids to stop "pool-hopping" (just kidding!! they dont!). Its almost the same thing though when they explicitly say on the bus "No drinking, no smoking and no eating" on the bus and ALOT of people do it all the time!! I laugh at all the people on here with all their rules when what I see most of the time - the guests doing whatever they want!! They run after the buses and run along aside them thinking we are just going to pull over and let them on - YOU MUST BE IN A LOADZONE to get on a bus!!! Anyway, thought this might be a good time to plug that as it is a pet-peeve of mine!! lol!! Anyway, have a good night!! I will just keep my mouth shut and observe for now on!!! You guys know more than me anyway!!! haha!!:)

I think a park a day is to much for that age. The rest of the time we will be pool hopping and going to Downtown Disney. My parents are DVM so she will be back soon. Our first couple of trips were short ones, so we did one day at Magic Kingdom and one at Animal Kingdom. (DS was 15 months and 21 months for those) The next time we did four parks over four days (he had just turned three) and we wondered why we hadn't done Epcot sooner, it was his favorite park

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter