• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I the Only One Who Feels Down After Its Over?

Jhuff8181

Mousenut
Well we just got back from our first trip to WDW in four years. As with most trips it was great for the most part. We got home and the kids cried because our trip was over which got my wife crying and then it was my turn. All I can think about today is planning our next trip.

Are we the only ones who feel this way after getting home? Are we crazy?

We stayed at POR in a refurbished room. I will report on that in the resorts forum.

Well we just got back from our first trip to WDW in four years. As with most trips it was great for the most part. We got home and the kids cried because our trip was over which got my wife crying and then it was my turn. All I can think about today is planning our next trip.

We stayed at POR in a refurbished room. I will report on that in the resorts forum.

If you were the only ones, WDW wouldn't be quite so crowded with return guests!
I am going in 3 days...the only thing that will keep my spirits up on the plane ride home is knowing that I'm going back in August.
Just start planning your next trip - that'll pull you out of the doldrums.

I had a horrible case of the Missing-Disney-Blues after our first trip in 2008. It sort of haunted me for the better part of a year, lol! But I find that it gets better with each trip. Because I can look forward to what we will do next time, even though we only go about every 2-3 years, with an occasional day-trip thrown into the middle somewhere (I have family that lives all over Florida).

What helped me the most was planning lots of fun (non-Disney) activities closer to home in the months afterwards. It wasn't a replacement, but it gave me something to look forward to. But having another Disney trip to plan is probably the best medicine!

You are definitely not the only one!!! We were all very sad last year when we got to the airport to go home. But then it really hit me like a couple of months later. I wanted to go back SO bad....esp when it was the middle of winter here. And then we booked our Sept. trip!!! :banana: I am sure I will be upset when it's time to leave then too.

I think you will find that, especially with this group, many people feel very similar to how you and your family do.

I have been known to cry at MCO before boarding the plane for our 6+ hour return to Seattle. My DH just looks at me like I'm crazy (though I know he is bummed out at the end of Disney trips, too).

We try to get every 1 - 1.5 years (either to Florida or Cali). Knowing that we usually have another trip to look forward to helps.

You're in good company! :goodvibes

It's funny, I once heard a fellow Disney lover use the term "MousekeTEARS" to describe all matters of Disney crying. The Mouseketears I get while leaving are the worst and the sadness that follows is insane. Organizing pictures and doing trip reports are usually how I stay sane in the early stages. I know some people start planning the next one right after, but I usually give it a little bit of time so I can get past the basic sadness. I also find it adds a little bit of clarity to the planning for the next trip if I have some down time.

Oh, absolutely not! I'm almost in tears as I say "goodbye" to the Castle and walk down Main Street U.S.A. on our last night. The next morning I don't want to get up or go to the airport and when I see families, obviously heading to The World, stepping off of an airplane as I'm set to board I get jealous.

I think it's a natural way to feel at the end of a vacation. I get a bit blue when I leave any vacation spot, but more so when WDW is involved!

Totally get it.

I cried about a week or so after our January trip.

My daughter still cries at the Disney commercials on TV. She is lobbying hard to go back this summer. I keep making spreadsheets, checking discounts, adding up numbers... trying to make it do-able... not sure I can, though. Husband very unlikely to agree to us spending the money again so soon. (Sigh.)

Aww, I'm sorry OP.

In January, we only lived an hour and a half away and came over often on a weekend day. But that month we stayed a whole week like a real vacation...and I friggin cried after. We only lived an hour and a half away. How sad am I? lol

The day after we got home, my DH got a really great job offer in Orlando for a resort. So we jumped and now I'm 15 minutes away. :banana: It's been pretty awesome and I am so thankful.

You're in good company! :goodvibes

It's funny, I once heard a fellow Disney lover use the term "MousekeTEARS" to describe all matters of Disney crying. The Mouseketears I get while leaving are the worst and the sadness that follows is insane. Organizing pictures and doing trip reports are usually how I stay sane in the early stages. I know some people start planning the next one right after, but I usually give it a little bit of time so I can get past the basic sadness. I also find it adds a little bit of clarity to the planning for the next trip if I have some down time.

I just have to say that I LOVE the term MousekeTEARS!!! I'm going to start using that from now on! :cool1:

And I agree about the pictures and trip-reports, it lets me feel like I am still living the Magic for a little longer, while the worst of the heart-wrenching sadness has a chance to subside a bit.

I always feel down when I leave disney.. especially since I never know when we will return. Or for how long.

Lets see, I cried walking through MK on the day we flew out. :lmao: I got teary eyed every day for a good 10 days after we got back. I call it the PDD (Post Disney Depression).

You are definitely not alone. My DD10 bawls when she is riding on ME heading back to MCO, DD8 doesn't cry but gets moody because we are leaving, I get teary eyed and very quiet on the ME ride, and DH just sleeps :sad2:...he does get sad but doesn't show it until we are home. Even though we start planning out our next trip (figure out where we are staying and when we will be returning) on the ME ride back, it still is never a good feeling. OP, you are among friends who understands.

You are not alone, my friend. You are not alone....

Definitely not alone. I didn't want to leave after my trip last February (though that may have been contributed to by the fact that I didn't want to face my Physics test score that I knew was waiting for me on Monday). I was having the time of my life and didn't want to go back to the cold snowyness of Colorado. And most likely contributed to me applying for the DCP and me driving my Mom up a wall with trying to go ahead and plan a trip I can't even make ADRs for yet (Marathon weekend).

After my first trip in 2009 (I had never been to WDW, but DL when I was 7), every time I saw a Disney commercial I felt an ache in my stomach. I didn't get to go back for 2 years.

Now I have bought an annual pass to DL and have 4 trips planned and 1 trip to WDW this year.

Some people think I am crazy, but I don't really care anymore.

I love Disney:love:

We are all in the same boat! Not only do I get sad when we come home I almost don't want the trip to start because I know it will go by so fast. As soon as we arrive I start dreading the day we have to leave! Don't get me wrong I do enjoy the moments we are there it just goes by way too fast! We have a 12 day trip planned for October so that will help when we leave after our next trip! I always have the next trip planned and that helps me a lot.

I am the same. My husband and kids are fine, but I have to allow myself a couple of days off work/no plans to lay around and sulk. Then I'm just down about it for a while. I think that it's because I never know when I'll be back because my husband always swears it'll be 5 years. But my daughter has a dance trip at Disney next year, so I know I'll be back. Maybe the depression won't be as bad this time around!

Lets see, I cried walking through MK on the day we flew out. :lmao: I got teary eyed every day for a good 10 days after we got back. I call it the PDD (Post Disney Depression).

Ha, we call it the same thing at our house! PDD lasts for a couple of weeks after each trip. Then I start working on the photo books and I cheer up!

We had our first trip in February. We had a great time and the kids loved it. WHile we were down there, my husband and I agreed that we would wait a few years to go back so that the kids would be older and everything would be completed the next time. Well, as soon as we got home our 5 yo son started talking about going back, I started thinking about going back, dd asked to go back...and now I can't wait to go back! It kills me to see the discount offers because I know that we won't go until next December but it seems like a lifetime away! Sighhhh....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter