Am I the only one longing for a grown-up's resort?

I would plan more trips if they had an adults only resort. I wouldn't tell my kids that I was going, I would just sneak off for my birthday, while they are away at camp, when they go to their grandparent's for school breaks!
That's right! You follow your bliss sister!

After being woken up at 6.30am by a screaming child on my morning off from the parks I am definitely on board! Could we make it a 25+ resort to make sure we block out the High School Musical generation? People who are old enough to remember Disney classic releases only lol! I would definitely enjoy a bookstore and a cat cafe!

After being woken up at 6.30am by a screaming child on my morning off from the parks I am definitely on board! Could we make it a 25+ resort to make sure we block out the High School Musical generation? People who are old enough to remember Disney classic releases only lol! I would definitely enjoy a bookstore and a cat cafe!
"High School Musical Generation" and both me AND my chicken burrito ended up on the floor. Oktoberfest is coming and these ladies have given me so many laughs I might need a time out and an absurdly expensive facial.

we were just saying that on our last trip! even one of the resorts should block off an area or building for adults only! The kids in the parks we get and they were actually very well behaved most of the time, it was in the resorts that I saw kids having meltdowns and tantrums! usually right outside my door! I'm surprised Disney doesn't have something like that!

"High School Musical Generation" and both me AND my chicken burrito ended up on the floor. Oktoberfest is coming and these ladies have given me so many laughs I might need a time out and an absurdly expensive facial.

Ooops sorry about that! Hope you and your burrito were ok.

I think our biggest draw to an adult only resort would be the pool. I don't really notice kids (or even just other people in general) throughout the resort on most visits. My husband loves to spend the daytime relaxing around the pool reading a book or the paper and then we go to the parks in the afternoon/evening. However, over the past few years it seems to be the popular thing to do (at least at the deluxe resorts) is to have games and ear-blasting jams playing for hours on end at the pool. A few years ago we were at the "quiet" pool at the Polynesian and the music/games were so loud from the volcano pool we didn't stay for long. We stayed at Bay Lake Tower in 2013 in a lake view studio and I LOVED sitting out on the balcony listening to the ambient noises and the soft jazz background music until the pool festivities started up and I headed back inside.

Try the Swan and Dolphin for relaxing pools and a little more adult ambience, and the beds are very nice. I don't think I.ve ever seen a kid at the Swan lap pool.
I was going to mention Coronado Springs as well, however I remembered last time we were there, some adults and kids made a game out of playing catch with a shoe in the quiet pool in the Ranchos section. A shoe?

Here is the attitude that is so irritating
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...e-noisy-brood-summer-eye-rolls-strangers.html
Samantha explained: 'Landing at Malaga airport after being cooped up on a plane for three hours my kids quite naturally needed to expend some energy.

'This manifested itself in them performing a rather loud and energetic rendition of the theme tune from – of all things – Spitting Image.

'I’m sure you remember the words “Throw a chicken in the air, stick a deck chair up your nose, fly a jumbo jet and then bury all your clothes…….”!

'Why? I’m not quite sure. How they know the words, I am equally unclear. But as they galloped through the airport you defintely couldn’t miss them.
'We received some interesting looks from the other passengers – some grimace-ingly tolerant, others downright disapproving.'

Try the Swan and Dolphin for relaxing pools and a little more adult ambience, and the beds are very nice. I don't think I.ve ever seen a kid at the Swan lap pool.
I was going to mention Coronado Springs as well, however I remembered last time we were there, some adults and kids made a game out of playing catch with a shoe in the quiet pool in the Ranchos section. A shoe?

From what I remember (I visited people staying there), the Poly was fairly 'adult-esk'. What about the Grand Flo? I can't imagine paying that kinda money, for that atmosphere...and being caught up in a sea of little ones.

I just got back from 2 weeks at the world (stayed at 6 hotels) and Royal Pacific had the least amount of kids...I don't think I saw one (the trip started on labor day).

I also tend to avoid DMK if I'm not in a patient mood. The ratio of kid to adult is WAY OFF for us solo travelers

From what I remember (I visited people staying there), the Poly was fairly 'adult-esk'. What about the Grand Flo? I can't imagine paying that kinda money, for that atmosphere...and being caught up in a sea of little ones.

I just got back from 2 weeks at the world (stayed at 6 hotels) and Royal Pacific had the least amount of kids...I don't think I saw one (the trip started on labor day).

I also tend to avoid DMK if I'm not in a patient mood. The ratio of kid to adult is WAY OFF for us solo travelers
This thread was never about seeking practical serenity. It was about the elements of a fantasy adult-only resort. The participants have contributed a cat cafe bookstore, spas guarded by member's of the Queen of England's own guard, who would dispense with loud revelers and children by marching them away, beefy, good-looking, minimally dressed gentlemen in giant clear hamster balls, etc. Oh, and the smokers want their own area.

I propose and age limit AND you must pass a Disney Trivia (classics editions) test!

Oh, and a 2 drink minimum.:smooth:

I propose and age limit AND you must pass a Disney Trivia (classics editions) test!

Oh, and a 2 drink minimum.:smooth:
Excellent suggestion. Also, Disney parks has the best corn dogs I have ever eaten, even better than the one I had in Cincinatti and I thought that one was going to send me into some sort of orgasmic frenzy. Proposal-adorable lady wanders the halls at bedtime to deliver corn dogs, much like the trolley witch on the Hogwarts Express. She'll hook you up with your corn dog and condiments, cue up your favorite classic Disney film, refresh your nightcap, and tuck you in. I am a genius.

These are all great suggestions - I like the smoking one. I really hated at the resort I was in where - to get to my room I had to go the long way or through the smoking garden area. I like them having their own area - not just stuck in a corner or corralled somewhere.

I like the tables for one - and it'd be sweeter if people didn't think that someone sitting by him or herself is wanting some to 'join them'.

I will say one thing about the all-adult resort I was in in Mexico. It sucked. No kids meant no quiet time. There was always a booze party somewhere, puke in many corners. (Staff was good about constantly cleaning it up but it shows the total disregard some people have.) We got there quite late and the adult pool was still open. As we were going to our room, there was this incredibly drunken chick who ran up to every newcomer and went "Ahhhhhhhhh" (like sticking her tongue out like a doctor makes you do). Drunks shouting from one balcony clear across the pool to the other.

Unless the place was booze-free, I would never again stay in an adult resort. Too much immaturity. Give me the potty talk anyday. (I would say if I were there though, I would start answering the questions too.)

I can't understand why the BARS allow kids at all. Those definitely should be adults-only!

I love the Dawa Bar in Animal Kingdom, however, I was a bit disappointed to see kids sitting at the bar, on the bar stools, while bartenders were preparing drinks for their parents. Very inappropriate!

Parents have a superiority complex on all things except one thing. Their sex life. As revenge, a little flirt, long kiss or suggestive motion is all you need to make any parent gag. Obviously you'll want to do this with a friend, not by yourself or you'll look creepy.

So applicable to all the people in the now shut down, "Things you wish you'd never seen at Disney" thread who were complaining about PDA in the parks.

Damn. We are getting hard core up in here!! I just want to eat one meal without hearing those little tots screaming for booby. Can I just get though the soup course? Please? I am not demanding a curfew for diaper-clad wee ones and their parents. Yet. Didn't we used to wean those little boogers before they could run around and specifically demand mom whip it out and provide life-giving elixir? It's like a science fiction novel.

Don't start that or you'll have the BF brigades coming in here starting stuff and getting the thread shut down!

Don't start that or you'll have the BF brigades coming in here starting stuff and getting the thread shut down!
Oh, I don't care. I am a registered nurse. I have a license to have opinions. Also, this thread is about how to create a harmonious environment wherein they don't have to look at my drunken, judgey little badger face and I don't have to look at a child old enough to get a driver's license pawing at blouses for booby. It's win-win. But really, the age inappropriate breastfeeding crowd is pretty discreet and quiet. It's the screaming about poop crowd that interfere with an afternoon by the pool dreaming about old school Harrison Ford.

oh, also in our fantasy introverts resort, the restaurants would all be tables for 1 and there would be special room for your book.
These are all great suggestions - I like the smoking one. I really hated at the resort I was in where - to get to my room I had to go the long way or through the smoking garden area. I like them having their own area - not just stuck in a corner or corralled somewhere.

I like the tables for one - and it'd be sweeter if people didn't think that someone sitting by him or herself is wanting some to 'join them'.

I will say one thing about the all-adult resort I was in in Mexico. It sucked. No kids meant no quiet time. There was always a booze party somewhere, puke in many corners. (Staff was good about constantly cleaning it up but it shows the total disregard some people have.) We got there quite late and the adult pool was still open. As we were going to our room, there was this incredibly drunken chick who ran up to every newcomer and went "Ahhhhhhhhh" (like sticking her tongue out like a doctor makes you do). Drunks shouting from one balcony clear across the pool to the other.

Unless the place was booze-free, I would never again stay in an adult resort. Too much immaturity. Give me the potty talk anyday. (I would say if I were there though, I would start answering the questions too.)
We stayed at a smaller, environmentally-focused all-inclusive on the Maya Riviera. It was very nice and had excellent cuisine. It catered to couples, not singles, but there were lots of singles there. It was peaceful and serene. It wasn't a big "party-hearty" environment. There were smokers on one side (there were a lot of Europeans there). I think the all inclusives have very specific clientele, and you have to research them carefully to find the environment you want in your budget. Don't give up!

It wasn't actually a very big resort. Wish I could remember the name. Anyway, the next one I stayed at on a trip elsewhere was a family one and there were activities for the kids so they weren't running around and things wound down everywhere but the bar around 11 at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter