Am I planning too much or can this work????

kybec

Earning My Ears
We are already booked for a 7 night cruise the first week of October. We have rented points to stay three nights at GF before the cruise and plan to do 2 days of parks and possibly the Halloween party. Our family consists of my husband, 8 year old son and almost 3 year old daughter at time of travel. Now with the three day and 4 days park ticket deals, I’m considering adding on to the trip. It’s basically cheaper than what we were previously planning but with more park time. We would get there a day earlier and have a more casual half park day and then three days of parks before the cruise. One problem is we can’t rent points for the same room at GF. We would have to spend one night at another resort before moving to our GF reservation. Our flight would arrive around noon on a Tuesday. We would spend the rest of that day at Epcot and stay one night at beach/yacht club. Then checkout, luggage swap the next morning and go to HS. Then bus back to GF and finish the last two days at AK and MK. We’ve never switched resorts before. Is this plan packing too much in or is it doable? If you’ve made it this far, thank you!

Doable. You will want to spend a little more time organizing your packing so you unpack the least amount of stuff at YC/BC. I find it fastest in the morning to drop my bags off at bell services to do the transfer instead of calling bell services to my room. Do know it could be 5-6pm before you get your bags at GF.

For one night stays like that I like to make the spare outfit that I put in my carry-on what I plan to wear my first day to minimize unpacking of my checked bag. (I always put a spare outfit in a carry on so that in case I get separated from my checked bag at least I’ll have one day of clean clothes.)

Last edited:
Definitely doable. The cruise will be relaxing, so you can go, go, go for the days before. Recommend stroller for 3 year old, as lots of walking. She can nap in stroller if needed.

I wonder if Grand Floridian would allow you to check in all your luggages a day early? Maybe call ahead to GF and explain this situation.

That way you would only check into Beach and Yacht with just your carry-on bags carrying essentials. This would also make it easier to check out from BYC the next day, call an Uber to take you to GF. Drop off your carry on luggage at guest services and then head to the parks.

This would limit the amount of park time you would miss swapping different hotels and have all your luggages to your room at Grand Floridian a lot easier.

I wonder if Grand Floridian would allow you to check in all your luggages a day early? Maybe call ahead to GF and explain this situation.

That way you would only check into Beach and Yacht with just your carry-on bags carrying essentials. This would also make it easier to check out from BYC the next day, call an Uber to take you to GF. Drop off your carry on luggage at guest services and then head to the parks.
That’s way more complicated than OPs plan to just have bell services move the luggage and off to DHS they go...

Thank you all so much for your answers! I think we are going to go for it. You are so right that the cruise part after will be relaxing and a way to recover! Also, I think you are right in figuring out a way to get our bags moved without wasting time the next morning. We won’t have our own car, but I wonder if we were to go ahead and leave them with bell services when checking in the first day if they would get transferred that day and waiting at GF before we got there? Also, my first plan to stay at an Epcot area resort isn’t going to work. There aren’t any studios available and the room rates are getting high. We want to visit Epcot the first half day and we will do magic kingdom the next day on Wednesday, anticipating Thursday and Friday being Mnsshp based on last year. I think based on availability and pricing our best options are POFQ, pop, or AOA. We haven’t stayed at any of these, but my instinct is to use PO because of the size, getting to bell services from the room wouldn’t be so hard. Also, with one bus stop, hopefully park transportation wouldn’t be so bad? Or would the skyliner benefit of the other 2 outweigh resort size?

... I wonder if we were to go ahead and leave them with bell services when checking in the first day if they would get transferred that day and waiting at GF before we got there? Also, my first plan to stay at an Epcot area resort isn’t going to work. There aren’t any studios available and the room rates are getting high. We want to visit Epcot the first half day and we will do magic kingdom the next day on Wednesday, anticipating Thursday and Friday being Mnsshp based on last year. I think based on availability and pricing our best options are POFQ, pop, or AOA. We haven’t stayed at any of these, but my instinct is to use PO because of the size, getting to bell services from the room wouldn’t be so hard. Also, with one bus stop, hopefully park transportation wouldn’t be so bad? Or would the skyliner benefit of the other 2 outweigh resort size?
I'd do Pop or AoA for Skyliner access personally as I find it a more pleasant way to travel than by bus. If you do a preferred room you'll be fairly close to luggage services. Don't forget to price check Swolphin now and closer in to your trip, they use dynamic pricing which can sometimes change dramatically.

The luggage transfer is easy! In the morning bring your bags to luggage services and tell them you're transferring to GF. They'll take your checked luggage and carry-ons, tag them for GF, give you a receipt and sometime that afternoon they will be delivered to GF Bell Services where you'll be able to pick them up yourself or call and have them brought to your room. Luggage delivery occurs anywhere from like 2pm-6pm, no guarantees on time so don't plan on having your luggage until 6pm has always been a rule that's worked for me. I like to put air tags in my luggage so I know when it's delivered in case I feel like leaving the park early though.

I'd do Pop or AoA for Skyliner access personally as I find it a more pleasant way to travel than by bus. If you do a preferred room you'll be fairly close to luggage services. Don't forget to price check Swolphin now and closer in to your trip, they use dynamic pricing which can sometimes change dramatically.

The luggage transfer is easy! In the morning bring your bags to luggage services and tell them you're transferring to GF. They'll take your checked luggage and carry-ons, tag them for GF, give you a receipt and sometime that afternoon they will be delivered to GF Bell Services where you'll be able to pick them up yourself or call and have them brought to your room. Luggage delivery occurs anywhere from like 2pm-6pm, no guarantees on time so don't plan on having your luggage until 6pm has always been a rule that's worked for me. I like to put air tags in my luggage so I know when it's delivered in case I feel like leaving the park early though.
I would second Pop instead of paying all that money for Beach/YC basically just to sleep. Skyliner access to both Epcot and HS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter