• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I doing this right? Trying to get reservations!?

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
So I have 3 different tabs open. Each tab is logged into my DS's account and his My Experience, etc.

In each of the 3 different tabs, I have a restaurant that I want. So I enter either Lunch or Dinner, plus the date and my party size, then I hit "Search". When it comes back as
"Sorry!
There are no times available between 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM." I just hit the Search button over and over. I'm determined! LOL I've already gotten them Hollywood Studios on a day that for the longest time had no available park reservations, as well as getting the Magic Kingdom, and some restaurant reservations.

So am I wasting my time by doing this in such quick succession, in the hopes that at that very moment some other guest released/gave up the reservation that I want! I'm doing other things while I'm stopping in on each tab, but I'm LOVING helping them plan their fir\st trip together, and they truly appreciate all of the park and restaurants reservations that I've gotten so far.

So am I doing this right? The constant checking, or is it not necessary to check so often?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I would recommend searching for a particular time instead of "lunch" or "dinner". It always works better for me when I do it that way.

Which day and park are you searching for dining? and how many in your party?

Friday, June 4th
Hollywood Studios
Party of 2

ANY of these for lunch and/or dinner:
Mama Melrose's
Sci-Fi Dine In
50's Prime Time

Friday, June 4th
Hollywood Studios
Party of 2

ANY of these for lunch and/or dinner:
Mama Melrose's
Sci-Fi Dine In
50's Prime Time

I've been trying for 6/7 to 6/11 for two and it's been basically all the same restaurants every time. I even try multiple times a day too. I haven't seen the above ones pop up. I saw a Hollywood and Vine the other day but by the time I tried to grab it, it was gone. I've had better luck while in Disney for day of or day before.

Dumb question!! Where in the app does it let you make dining reservations? I'm only seeing where they let you pre-order quick service. Thanks in advance!!!
Hit the + at the bottom of the app then "check dining availability" enter the number of people, the date, time (scroll to the left to choose actual times) It will then show you available restaurants to book.

Hit the + at the bottom of the app then "check dining availability" enter the number of people, the date, time (scroll to the left to choose actual times) It will then show you available restaurants to book.

THANK YOU!!!! :disrocks:

THANK YOU!!!! :disrocks:

Hey Terry! Long time no see. Dining reservations have been a bear even at 60+ recently. I now I was not able to get my preferred dates for a couple of restaurants but did score another date further into our vacation last week and part of the week prior. Have you tried Touring Plans? I have had luck in the past with this site and you only need to sign up for a basic account which is free to access the reservation finder.

Good luck and nice to "see" you again! :flower1:

Hello All, I am a relative novice when it comes to how things are now being done at Disney. It has been 5+ years since I have been. we are going the week of July 24th and my window for dining is opening up I believe this Sunday. At what time can I start searching on Sunday for dining reservations? Thanks in advance. Mike

Hello All, I am a relative novice when it comes to how things are now being done at Disney. It has been 5+ years since I have been. we are going the week of July 24th and my window for dining is opening up I believe this Sunday. At what time can I start searching on Sunday for dining reservations? Thanks in advance. Mike
6 am Eastern on line, 7 if you call in.

Hey Terry! Long time no see. Dining reservations have been a bear even at 60+ recently. I now I was not able to get my preferred dates for a couple of restaurants but did score another date further into our vacation last week and part of the week prior. Have you tried Touring Plans? I have had luck in the past with this site and you only need to sign up for a basic account which is free to access the reservation finder.

Good luck and nice to "see" you again! :flower1:

Tess!!! It's so great to see you!!! :wave::flower: I'm helping my DS30 with getting reservations because he and his fiancé are going to WDW for their honeymoon. Because of Covid, they initially were planning to stay local; they had a B&B in Newport, RI already booked, but cancelled it when they got this last minute idea to go to WDW! I'm so used to planning my trips at least 6 months out, and usually longer!! :hourglass

Boy, it's really the Wild, Wild West out here in Planning Land now popcorn:::surfweb: with trying to get Park Reservations (Did we ever think this would be a thing?!), and Dining Reservations!

I'll try Touring Plans! :scratchin I've seen a few people mention here, but had not looked into it yet!

When my DS first booked this trip, the ONLY park available for every day of their trip was Epcot. The next day they were able to get AK for their arrival day. And then in the last couple of days I was able to grab MK and HS for them, so now they at least have each of the parks to start out with. They have park hoppers.

Sorry for the long post, but you're like an old friend!! :chat:

My son that's getting married is my younger one!!! They got engaged last year, right before Covid and the shut down happened. They are so excited that they've decided to go to WDW. I guess we raised him right!! :lmao:

P.S. Here's the happy couple at their shower a few weeks ago, and a pic of DS, DH, and me.

5E34DBAB-465B-4A85-B1BD-7FF3F4CFF385.jpg

Tess!!! It's so great to see you!!! :wave::flower: I'm helping my DS30 with getting reservations because he and his fiancé are going to WDW for their honeymoon. Because of Covid, they initially were planning to stay local; they had a B&B in Newport, RI already booked, but cancelled it when they got this last minute idea to go to WDW! I'm so used to planning my trips at least 6 months out, and usually longer!! :hourglass

Boy, it's really the Wild, Wild West out here in Planning Land now popcorn:::surfweb: with trying to get Park Reservations (Did we ever think this would be a thing?!), and Dining Reservations!

I'll try Touring Plans! :scratchin I've seen a few people mention here, but had not looked into it yet!

When my DS first booked this trip, the ONLY park available for every day of their trip was Epcot. The next day they were able to get AK for their arrival day. And then in the last couple of days I was able to grab MK and HS for them, so now they at least have each of the parks to start out with. They have park hoppers.

Sorry for the long post, but you're like an old friend!! :chat:

My son that's getting married is my younger one!!! They got engaged last year, right before Covid and the shut down happened. They are so excited that they've decided to go to WDW. I guess we raised him right!! :lmao:

P.S. Here's the happy couple at their shower a few weeks ago, and a pic of DS, DH, and me.

View attachment 576437

View attachment 576438

You aren't kidding about planning--it is tougher than ever! So glad that they had good timing and hit the recent crowd increase which in turn opened up more park options. Those park passes are rough if you aren't booked months in advance and dining is highly competitive! I am hoping that more restaurants open soon which would be helpful.

Ron and I just returned last Friday and it was crowded and queues not pleasant. We just missed the mask off date since we came home on 5/14/21. That would have been great while we were there.

Good to see you and happy for your family and the big event! Good luck with your planning and hope your kids have a magical honeymoon! :love::flower3:

hi again. looks like you are doing everything right, I'm not seeing anything available for lunch at HS on the 4th for 2 or 4 people. I tried checking a few times today and nothing. You may want to set up a reservation finder watch on touring plans or one of the other dining notification websites (***********, etc. )

You're doing it right. Good luck! Very nice of you to put in the effort for them.

Also, don't hesitate if a time pops up - click first, click fast! Then decide if the time will work for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter