Am I crazy making the assumption that annual passes will come back?

The bit I find interesting about staffing is how Disney is hiring for the really gross jobs like bathroom attendant

these are critical positions but in this hiring environment it must be so hard to get these roles staffed

Why is that a really gross job? I'd probably rather be a bathroom attendant than frying churros for 10 hours.

I think that is another issue entirely....this mentality of being above certain jobs or roles. Kids think that they're going to be Tik Tok famous.

Oh no, I've become my parents at the ripe age of 34. :wave:

When asked he said CM’s are shut out from WDW till July and when there was opening it was for a handful of people. I wonder Bob why you have issues trying to hire people to work, then offer a benefit you can never use.
They just opened up CM availability until memorial day.

They're short-staffed all around. They JUST brought back "every other day housekeeping" in the regular hotel rooms last month. I remember a time many eons ago when housekeeping was daily, but even half of that is now an upgrade.

Hopefully these issues will all get resolved in time, but it seems to be how things are these days. With low unemployment (based on published statistics at least), it's how things are right now.

As for APs coming back, who knows. Probably in the fall just like last year, but anything we say here is pure speculation. It may not even be decided for all we know. My guess is they're not likely to sell new ones until a few months after cosmic rewind opens, but even that's just a wild guess based on minimal anecdotal evidence.

Why is that a really gross job? I'd probably rather be a bathroom attendant than frying churros for 10 hours.

I think that is another issue entirely....this mentality of being above certain jobs or roles. Kids think that they're going to be Tik Tok famous.

Oh no, I've become my parents at the ripe age of 34. :wave:
I think if you use your imagination you can envision some scenarios where cleaning bathrooms in a theme park could be extremely gross...

I think APs will be back but I also think the program may be completely overhauled. And not overhauled in favor of the guest. It could be drastic.
I agree. All the changes that have been made so far post-COVID have added more cost to every aspect of a trip to WDW.

They are selling APs for WDW too.

Most likely its a governmental issue where due to getting certain tax subs etc they HAVE to offer some sort of AP for local residents.
Environmental mitigation, not tax issue. But that brings up another very interesting issue now whether the Pirate and Sorcerer passes will return in light of Florida voting to end Disney’s control of the Reedy Creek Improvement District.

Environmental mitigation, not tax issue. But that brings up another very interesting issue now whether the Pirate and Sorcerer passes will return in light of Florida voting to end Disney’s control of the Reedy Creek Improvement District.
That will be interesting to see.

I find it interesting that Disney hasn’t made any announcements that counter DeSantis since this whole Reedy Creek thing started.

I think Disney has something up their sleeves, like removing Florida discounts, or working with Universal. Universal is just starting to build a new theme park, they could work with Disney and threaten to not make it in Florida unless Universal gets it’s own Reedy Park.

I find it interesting that Disney hasn’t made any announcements that counter DeSantis since this whole Reedy Creek thing started.

I think Disney has something up their sleeves, like removing Florida discounts, or working with Universal. Universal is just starting to build a new theme park, they could work with Disney and threaten to not make it in Florida unless Universal gets it’s own Reedy Park.
I think disney has been quiet because they are lawyering up- having their lawyers go through all documents to see all options.
I don't think any of this affects APs at all

I think disney has been quiet because they are lawyering up- having their lawyers go through all documents to see all options.
I don't think any of this affects APs at all

It may affect future development like the Lake Nona East Coast headquarters, the recently announced affordable housing project or future developments like parks or hotels.

However, they'll eventually need APs again. It might be three years from now, but they're going to want them back eventually.

My prediction? The Walt Disney Company halts all development projects in Florida until the Reedy Creek issue is settled. Depending on the outcome, they focus the company's domestic park spending on Disneyland Forward and let World coast along, maintain the property but no new projects, until attendance drops substantially or political conditions are more favorable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter