ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: Summer 2011 Edition!

I hope everyone has a truly happy Thanksgiving! :love: For those of you leaving soon, remember us poor souls stuck in the cooler climates. We love pictures and opinions on your stay. :woohoo:

I'm more of a lurker on this thread but I definitely love the pictures and opinions I find on here as well. SO when we are there in three weeks, I will do my best to send good information back to you all as well! Happy Thanksgiving Poly peeps! :goodvibes

Hi Folks,

We are heading to the poly for the first time in a few weeks and would like some advice on preferred rooms. We have a theme park view room, want great view, quiet, etc. We have small children, so we don't want too long a walk to the monorail/CH. We are also 4 in a room, so are hoping that there might be one longhouse with larger rooms than another. We are not club level. Last, just confirming that there are elevators for upper floors. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!

PolyGuest120...we love the Tahiti building because it is so close to the TTC--which is much faster in getting where you are going, IMHO, than the GCH. It is also quiet, and has larger rooms.

To all of you leaving soon for the Poly, feel free to give DBF & me a shout out if you see us. I will be in my ECV, adorned with LGMHs, and wearing a LGMH on my lanyard! Oh, and of course, I am rarely w/o my fanny pack (all the better to horrify my kids with)!! LOL.

Stayed in this "black friday" and did my spending w/a wonderful CM!!! Just booked Disney for next June and it will be our first stay on the Poly!! Soo Excited!:banana:

Congrats on your visit the Poly I'm sure it won't be your last ! We will be back on January 8th can not wait!:woohoo:

Has anyone heard anything recently about a volcano slide refurb? Last I heard was from IPO and they said probably January but they could not confirm when it was officially scheduled to start. I'm still holding out hope that it won't happen as I have yet to see it on any of the refurb lists :confused3

Ok Poly peeps! I am leaving on a Jet Plane in the morning to see the mouse! I will arrive to the Poly about 11:30AM! SO EXCITED! I will check in periodically and if you guys need anything or have questions let me know! I will be sure to take lots of pics! Have a great week! :yay::yay::banana::banana::woohoo::woohoo::cool1::cool1:

Ok Poly peeps! I am leaving on a Jet Plane in the morning to see the mouse! I will arrive to the Poly about 11:30AM! SO EXCITED! I will check in periodically and if you guys need anything or have questions let me know! I will be sure to take lots of pics! Have a great week! :yay::yay::banana::banana::woohoo::woohoo::cool1::cool1:

Safe travels and have a wonderful time!!

You will love it! Make sure the kids get time to enjoy the pool and the kid games they offer. We always loved gettting lounge chairs on the beach and just sipping a cocktail and watching while they played. They will also love the pool slide!!! If anyone gets nervous just tell them my little one was 2 the first time she went down. :santa:

Thanks! I'll remind them when they get nervous -I'm sure my two little ones will!! I've tried to build in relaxing afternoons by the pool in the afternoons. I am keeping my fingers crossed it will be warm enough. :)

Anxiously awaiting our trip - the girls have NO idea! They know somethings about to happen - for DDs5th b-ay but they have no idea what :lmao: I can hardly wait to see their excited faces! And of course to get off the plane and arrive at the Poly - first time staying there. After years of staring at it as the monorail rushed past we're finally staying!

Throughout the year we watch youtube videos of rides, resorts etc so for the past few weeks we've been checking out the poly and the 'big' rides since DD's tall enough for many of them now.

Now if only the weather holds out! It looks like there weather up north is getting warmer and FL's getting colder for the week we're there :sad1:

1 day! I hear the Poly calling my name. The average temps have been forecasted lower a bit, but still mostly sunny. Being of hearty NE stock, I am confident I can enjoy my Lapu Lapu poolside in a bathing suit when it is 68 and sunny!

2 days for me! Everything Poly is vividly dancing in my head... that left at the light, passing the TTC, taking the right at the Polynesian sign, telling the guard we are checking in and hearing aloha and welcome home (14th stay for us!), smiling a smile a mile long as we walk to the GCH and guest check-in, seeing the beautiful landscaping and flowers, smelling all those Poly smells, hearing the monorail whirring by overhead, hearing the train whistle across the lagoon and the ferry as it shuttles people back and forth, hearing the busy background sounds in the GCH, singing along with the resort holiday loop, walking those meandering pathways lined with tiki torches to our longhouse, feeling sad for those guests carting their luggage to the parking lot and DME stop for return home, and being so, so excited that it is our 1st day and that we are back! :)

2 days for me! Everything Poly is vividly dancing in my head... that left at the light, passing the TTC, taking the right at the Polynesian sign, telling the guard we are checking in and hearing aloha and welcome home (14th stay for us!), smiling a smile a mile long as we walk to the GCH and guest check-in, seeing the beautiful landscaping and flowers, smelling all those Poly smells, hearing the monorail whirring by overhead, hearing the train whistle across the lagoon and the ferry as it shuttles people back and forth, hearing the busy background sounds in the GCH, singing along with the resort holiday loop, walking those meandering pathways lined with tiki torches to our longhouse, feeling sad for those guests carting their luggage to the parking lot and DME stop for return home, and being so, so excited that it is our 1st day and that we are back! :)

I loved reading this post! :goodvibes But it sooo makes my 19 days seem that much longer! :rotfl: Have a great time!!!

Has anyone heard anything recently about a volcano slide refurb? Last I heard was from IPO and they said probably January but they could not confirm when it was officially scheduled to start. I'm still holding out hope that it won't happen as I have yet to see it on any of the refurb lists :confused3

I hope it's not happening when we go...my DD is so excited to go on the volcano slide again!

I hope it's not happening when we go...my DD is so excited to go on the volcano slide again!

Me too! This is what I got from IPO when I asked about a possible pool refurb I'd heard about during our dates (which are 1/14-1/20)

Aloha!

As of right now, we are planning to refurbish the water slide not the entire pool. Those tentative dates do sound right but as of right now the entire pool will not be closed just the slide. We do not have confirmed date information as of now. We do know that is will take 6 weeks for the slide.
Please contact us if you have any further questions or requests.
Mahalo,

But again, since i have yet to see anything on a refurb schedule, I'm wondering how accurate this is. Wish I could get some more info!

:yay: I got a pin in the mail today and it saved me 1500 on our rooms. We are going in March and I am soo greatful for the discount. :thanks:::MickeyMo We stayed at the Poly last visit and LOVED it. Grandkids were over for Thanksgiving and we are all looking forward to our HAPPY PLACE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter