ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: September 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all!!

Staying at the Poly for the first time this July! Can't wait!!

If I wanted to make rope drop at DHS what time do you suggest we leave the room? Trying to work out bus length times etc and it's all very confusing!!

Thanks!

Hi all!!

Staying at the Poly for the first time this July! Can't wait!!

If I wanted to make rope drop at DHS what time do you suggest we leave the room? Trying to work out bus length times etc and it's all very confusing!!

Thanks!

We usually get to the bus stop 1 hour before rope drop and haven't missed one yet.

We finished an 8 night sat at the Poly on Sunday, June 9. We had a wonderful stay and loved the resort. Here's a summary of my thoughts on the resort.

We didn't request a longhouse instead opting for requesting only a balcony or patio. We were assigned Rapa Nui 3106 which is on the third floor, mid-building. We loved the location because after long days it was so close to the TTC and bus stop. What a blessing. I timed the walk to the Great Ceremonial House six times and at a leisurely pace it was always between 3 minutes 30 to 50 seconds.

Loved Cap'n Cooks and ate several breakfast, lunch and dinners there. Food was always good and the staff friendly and well versed on DDP which helped keep things going. Love Tonga Toast.

Volcano pool was terrific. I loved the slide as much as DD and went down it a lot. We went to the pool almost every day of the nine we were there. I think the only day we missed was the day Andrea passed through. Yes, the pool is extremely busy but you can at least grab a lounger on the beach. If you want to get a table and chair it's difficult. We arrived one morning at 9:30 am and we were only able to grab one in the bar area which was fine. If this is important to you be prepared that it may not always be an option.

Take time to enjoy Wishes and EWP from the beach. We loved it and due to weather we were only able to do it once but would have done it more.

Bus service was mostly okay. On SWW we had the DHS bus fill up and had to wait for the next. There were three AK busses before the next DHS came back which filled and left a crowd waiting. I think it's not rocket science to know SWW is busy so I thought it was a fail not to have done a better job with that. All told it was 40 minutes at the bus stop waiting that day.

Monorails are wonderful. There were about 5 separate days where the monorails weren't working during our trip due to, "electrical issues," but we just jumped on a bus or boat.

Boat service was okay but not our preferred mode of transportation. The resort boats can get hot and don't offer full shade. We waited at the GF dock for about 10 minutes one day in the still, hot air because they couldn't leave until the boat left the Poly dock. Again, not the preferred mode so it wasn't horrible.

Kona Cafe and Ohana were great. We ate breakfast and dinner at Ohana and dinner at Kona. Service and the food was terrific. It was wonderful to be able to walk over to eat there from the long house. We always visit these restaurants and the time we saved was great and if I put a dollar sign on my time it makes the room cost not so striking.

Loved Boutiki. Next to World of Disney this is our favorite store on site.

Be warned, in torrential rain the pathways flood. On two separate days we found standing water greater than 8 inches. And once the sandals got sucked off my feet. On these unique days we figured out running through the grass was the way to go.

That's all I can think of. Let me know if you have thoughts/questions.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks for posting your detailed review. Keeping my fingers crossed for our trip in November for dry weather and a working Monorail since I have to use a scooter and 8 inches of standing water on a pathway could leave me stranded :scared:

It s our first time staying at the Poly or any of the monorail resorts so a working monorail would be nice, I am not fond of loading the ECV onto the buses.

Looking forward to watching the EWP & Wishes from the Poly beach.

We are staying from June 27th - July 2nd. it is at the end of a split stay. I went ahead and booked a cabana on the 28th to ensure we have some shade and my DH can relax too. I am excited!! The total was 117.00 for 4 hours. We get chairs and loungers, tv, fridge with soda and water along with a fruit basket.

Currently staying at the poly. Be aware of construction going on. Jackhammers and nailing. Agh!:headache:
We had to be moved to a completely new building.

I haven't heard any noise since we checked into Hawaii yesterday. Was it a lagoon or garden side room? Did you get turn down service in Hawaii? We did not and thought we were supposed to. Otherwise things here are great!

I haven't heard any noise since we checked into Hawaii yesterday. Was it a lagoon or garden side room? Did you get turn down service in Hawaii? We did not and thought we were supposed to. Otherwise things here are great!

You're supposed to but the maid comes by anywhere from 5-8 pm. I kind of thought turn down was a silly service before we stayed CL but its so nice because the maid also re-cleans the room- were talking folds the towels in the bathroom and everything! We took afternoon breaks and were always happy to have a freshly cleaned room and a little something sweet!

I guess we will see what happens tomorrow. We took an afternoon break and nothing changed in our room from when we left until we returned from the park tonight.

We are staying from June 27th - July 2nd. it is at the end of a split stay. I went ahead and booked a cabana on the 28th to ensure we have some shade and my DH can relax too. I am excited!! The total was 117.00 for 4 hours. We get chairs and loungers, tv, fridge with soda and water along with a fruit basket.

I reserved a Cabana also for one morning during our stay (10-2). When I showed Bob the pictures of the Cabana he said that was his idea of a vacation, he is not normally a pool person so I hope the weather is cooperative as we are visiting in November.

Anyone who has been to the Poly recently or is there now notice if the second Cabana is back in place yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter