ALOHA! The Polynesian Resort Information Thread: October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know not everyone 'follows' Steve's Facebook page... but it's still been one of the best, if not THE best resource for the Polynesian... especially during this transition.

Recent posts were no different... so in case you missed it:

- Cash pricing for the Studios/Bungalows has been released... Value Season: SV Studio $439... LV Studio $586... Bungalow $2,137... and I'm not sure if that includes tax!

- Floorplans for both the Studio and Bungalow have also been released.

- Thanks to county filings (per DVCnews.com)... expect to see the DVC point structure quite similar to VGF, give or take a point. The bungalows will be 'priced' like the current Grand Villas at VGF and offer 'fixed week' contracts. Points will sell $160/pp.

- A 'new' resort map was posted as well... but Steve was quick to say "many of the new things in progress or to come later are not shown on this rendering." The only thing I took away from the map: it lists the East Pool as 'Leisure Pool with Bar and Grill (Scheduled to Open Winter 2015)'. :sad2:

As always... special Thanks to Steve... https://m.facebook.com/Tikimanpages?ref=stream

Hi...can someone answer a question re: rooms?

If I request a room with a king bed, will there still be a sofa bed?

I have two adults and one child on my reservation... DH and I would like the king with DD on the sofa bed, will they allow that?

Also, is there a specific building where those are or are not?

Hi...can someone answer a question re: rooms?

If I request a room with a king bed, will there still be a sofa bed?

I have two adults and one child on my reservation... DH and I would like the king with DD on the sofa bed, will they allow that?

Also, is there a specific building where those are or are not?

Yes the king bed rooms still have the single bed. It's not a sofa a bed exactly. It's a twin bed that flips down like a Murphy bed but a sideways single. It is comfortable and big enough for my 5"11 son.

They only building I know of without the kings is the CL building, Hawaii.

Strange but king rooms at the deluxes are request only. The earlier you get to the resort the better.

Good luck and enjoy your family vacation :goodvibes

Yes the king bed rooms still have the single bed. It's not a sofa a bed exactly. It's a twin bed that flips down like a Murphy bed but a sideways single. It is comfortable and big enough for my 5"11 son.

They only building I know of without the kings is the CL building, Hawaii.

Strange but king rooms at the deluxes are request only. The earlier you get to the resort the better.

Good luck and enjoy your family vacation :goodvibes

Thanks!

We are not booked CL...I would love to be, but I can't get availability! :(

I know not everyone 'follows' Steve's Facebook page... but it's still been one of the best, if not THE best resource for the Polynesian... especially during this transition.

Recent posts were no different... so in case you missed it:

- Cash pricing for the Studios/Bungalows has been released... Value Season: SV Studio $439... LV Studio $586... Bungalow $2,137... and I'm not sure if that includes tax!

- Floorplans for both the Studio and Bungalow have also been released.

- Thanks to county filings (per DVCnews.com)... expect to see the DVC point structure quite similar to VGF, give or take a point. The bungalows will be 'priced' like the current Grand Villas at VGF and offer 'fixed week' contracts. Points will sell $160/pp.

- A 'new' resort map was posted as well... but Steve was quick to say "many of the new things in progress or to come later are not shown on this rendering." The only thing I took away from the map: it lists the East Pool as 'Leisure Pool with Bar and Grill (Scheduled to Open Winter 2015)'. :sad2:

As always... special Thanks to Steve... https://m.facebook.com/Tikimanpages?ref=stream

Ugh my dd texted me right away when she saw prices.
Why did it have to be that high???:confused3:mad:

We tried 2br at VGF and loved it but that was 1/2 the price.

So now we are waiting for 1br info to come out. Maybe that will work. :scratching

Hi everyone!
I just booked one night here after our cruise in August. We have never stayed here but couldn't pass up the magical deal. It is for a standard room. What requests would you make to not see parking lot or quiet pool construction? I am hoping a lot of the construction mess is gone by mid August! Thank you!

Hi! Just wondering if they are still showing movies at night during the construction? And where if so?

Just back from our Poly stay. The GCH was looking nice and restaurants were busy. CMs were very nice and helpful.

We only heard noise in our room one morning early and it was short-lived. They were working on the roof of the GCH at one point but that was also done quickly. Most of the construction seemed to be in the Volcano pool area and the Eastern longhouse area where there is a parking area.

We were upgraded upon arrival to the Tonga longhouse. They told us that they were going to reinstate an old program where they upgrade a 'family of the day' each day. We were the first in the building on Sunday and by the end of the week, I noticed that several more families had arrived.

We had an excellent stay!

Hi! Just wondering if they are still showing movies at night during the construction? And where if so?

Yes: Movie Under the Stars 7pm

Catch one of your favorite Disney movies under the moonlight at the beach.

Mon- Hercules
Wed- Maleficent
Fri- Tangled
Sat- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

On the other nights you can go to the GF for movies on the beach.

CL offerings nighttime-

I asked for menus, but they told me that they were 'changing things up' and trying out new recipes. They seemed to be looking for feedback and asked guests how they liked items.

We saw:

Each night in kids' area they had uncrustables, mini turkey corn dogs, and red pepper hummus

Sunday- Spring rolls, conch fritters

Monday- Mushroom risotto balls, 5 spice chicken wings

Tuesday- Sushi (California rolls and veg rolls)

Wednesday- Bacon wrapped beef with blue cheese aioli, Pierogies with Korean bbq sauce

Thursday- Chicken quesadillas with mango salsa, spring rolls

Friday- Crab rangoon, 5 spice chicken wings

Saturday- we left :sad1:

Hi! We are staying at Poly for the first time in August. We are a family of 4 with two little kids and I'm looking for a longhouse recommendation. I've been looking at Tikiman's site but I'm still not quite sure which longhouse to request. We have a standard view room via the magical deal. Ease of transportation is probably the most important to us since we'll still be lugging a double stroller. TIA!

We are currently booked at the Riverside but I am tempted to splurge on our dream resort, which is the Polynesian.

Our dates are 4/13-4/20. I don't want to spend $$$$ on the Poly unless the volcano pool is completed and the beach is almost totally accessible. I'm sure trader sam's won't be open and I'm sure there will still be construction but I'm hoping the resort will feel "complete" ? Last time we visited the Poly in September it was a construction nightmare and couldn't have been more depressing.

P.S- Garden view rooms on Orbitz can be booked right now with the spring discount offer and an extra 10 percent off of that with coupon code HOTEL10. Best deal on Poly I've seen in a very long time.

We are currently booked at the Riverside but I am tempted to splurge on our dream resort, which is the Polynesian.

Our dates are 4/13-4/20. I don't want to spend $$$$ on the Poly unless the volcano pool is completed and the beach is almost totally accessible. I'm sure trader sam's won't be open and I'm sure there will still be construction but I'm hoping the resort will feel "complete" ? Last time we visited the Poly in September it was a construction nightmare and couldn't have been more depressing.

P.S- Garden view rooms on Orbitz can be booked right now with the spring discount offer and an extra 10 percent off of that with coupon code HOTEL10. Best deal on Poly I've seen in a very long time.
Try REVIEW15 that worked for me.

It's hard to say. I stayed in November and didn't mind construction at all. The pool may or may not be done. If it is that important then wait or book both and and cancel one when date is closer.

Good luck !

So very excited! Have a girls' trip booked with one of my sisters and our mom. Originally were staying at POR, but I went and gave us an upgrade ;) Now it's a split stay, with the first part now at CR and the last night CL at the POLY!!! Oh how we love the Poly, and I'm so excited to get us into CL as we have never done it at this resort :)
Can't wait to be back on the monorail and to favorite resorts. We return to our beloved Poly on 1/25:goodvibes

Yes: Movie Under the Stars 7pm Catch one of your favorite Disney movies under the moonlight at the beach. Mon- Hercules Wed- Maleficent Fri- Tangled Sat- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh On the other nights you can go to the GF for movies on the beach.

Perfect thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter