• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alli and Cole's 08/13/2015 SBP Escape w/ F! DP - Updated 09/29 Professional Photos Up!!!

I have finally managed to upload all my inspiration pictures to photobucket for hair and makeup and my ideas for accessories so once I get a day off (Tuesday) I'm going to do a big update about the look and feel we're going for. Also since my first contact with Disney on Thursday came with a promise of a follow up early next week I'm hoping I'll have more to report about having booked the wedding :thumbsup2 :cool1:

All caught up!! I love everything you have so far and HOORAY at the chance to book early! Can't wait for your official date post!

Okay I'm going to do this in two posts... First...

DFTW JUST CALLED!!!! I'm penciled in for 08.13.2015 at 1700 and so far the entire day is wide open at SBP so hopefully no lottery! :banana::dance3::bride::cool1::thumbsup2

Also I've been toying on and off with the idea of getting a part time job just to have fun and get to talk to people since my FT job involves being locked in a room either by myself or with one other person... well last week David's Bridal sent out an email to their mailing list saying they were looking for PT help for the holidays so I applied online on Saturday. They called me on Tuesday and I have an interview with them tomorrow afternoon. I think they might find my FT schedule too restrictive but since it's PT hopefully not. I think it would be so much fun to be a part of helping lovely ladies find their dream dresses...

Next up possible accessories and hair/makeup looks!

So I have really long really thick hair that is curly and highly annoying at times... Like in high humidity such as in Florida in August so I've been trying to decide what I want to do with my hair forever. I don't really feel like myself when my hair is down since I wear it up every day so I've been looking at up dos with some texture since I wear it smoothly pulled back every day.

This was always one I really liked

or something like this

This one is a little... big behind her head but has a feel i like

I also liked this especially because it shows how nicely it works with accessories in her hair

Then I started thinking about the fact that I have a vintage theme and I love the rockabilly look so what about a vintage style?

So I'm basically completely torn right now. I'm going to book an appointment here in Calgary to have my hair done in a pinup style undo to see how those styles suit me and go from there...

This is the make-up look I brought as inspiration for my E-Shoot

I love that it's my wedding colours and I've always been able to pull off heavy eye make-up. I've saved a bunch of similar looks

Assuming I don't go full vintage with my makeup I've definitely been leaning towards heavy eyes and very neutral every where else.

I also basically always have a new and fun manicure for every fancy occasion so my wedding nails are a big deal to me (which probably sounds crazy but I feel like your hands end up in so many important photos that I want something that will look good and now be too overpowering...

I found this and loved it. Thought I could do it without the Mickey had everywhere except my ring finger then add the bling there

Otherwise I'd just do something a little more neutral

I think I'm about to run out of picture space in this post so... To be continued

For Samantha's (TinkLover_Sam) hair... I want to go full on Elsa! She loves to french braid her hair so I've found some Elsa inspired do's for her

And that's about all I have for her so far. She'll probably get a slightly toned down version of whatever I do for my makeup.

Now for the sparkly part. I've been looking for hair pieces for the wedding that have a little beach-y-ness to them and that have starfish since I've been using them to tie everything together. Here are a bunch I found on Etsy

Then after I bought the short dress and tried it with a fascinator I became... fascinated with them (sorry I couldn't resist!)

If all else fails and I can't decide on anything else I love these hairpins and they can be used for virtually any hair style

I have a bunch more fascinators and hairstyles saved but these give you guys an idea of the directions I've been leaning. I'm thinking that once I get my dress (probably in January) and can try it with veils and things and see how I feel about them with my actual dress. Hopefully by then I'll have my hairstyle nailed down (or at least know what direction I'm going) so I can figure out what I like that works with those two things. I'll probably end up ordering a fascinator of some type or description anyway to go with the short dress it will just depend whether I think it will work with the long dress too or not.

Okay I think I've rambled on about the things that I can't decide on long enough. I welcome any and all feedback and thoughts that any of you ladies out there have too!

So I emailed my contact at DFTW on Friday afternoon as we are halfway through our month long wait for the date. She said our date is still wide open so it looks like things are really coming together.

My parents (who currently live on the other side of the country) also finally had an offer on their house and if all goes well should close on May 18 so they will be living just 6 hours away by car. (Instead of 5 hours by plane) In talking to my mom she said they'd probably drive down to our place and fly out with us for the wedding so that (on the flight there at least) we can spread all our bags out between the 4 of us to hopefully keep baggage fees to a minimum. Now I'm glad I didn't book the decent airfare I saw last week so that we can coordinate with my parents going down.

Nothing else really to update. Still completely torn on my hair look but haven't managed to book a trial here yet to hopefully sort it out.

So I emailed my contact at DFTW on Friday afternoon as we are halfway through our month long wait for the date. She said our date is still wide open so it looks like things are really coming together. My parents (who currently live on the other side of the country) also finally had an offer on their house and if all goes well should close on May 18 so they will be living just 6 hours away by car. (Instead of 5 hours by plane) In talking to my mom she said they'd probably drive down to our place and fly out with us for the wedding so that (on the flight there at least) we can spread all our bags out between the 4 of us to hopefully keep baggage fees to a minimum. Now I'm glad I didn't book the decent airfare I saw last week so that we can coordinate with my parents going down. Nothing else really to update. Still completely torn on my hair look but haven't managed to book a trial here yet to hopefully sort it out.

Yay! And yay that mom and dad will soon be closer to us! And I like my Elsa inspired hair ideas :)

My 8 month out date was Saturday so of course I had to wait until today to find out if we get our date/time... Having not heard anything all day I emailed my sales manager to see what's up and she said she put in the request for us this morning but that they took out a bunch of lights so our 5pm time might not be approved because it will be too dark for pictures (in August? But whatever) and that since she's off tomorrow I won't know until Wednesday now... Grrrrrr

Well it finally happened! On Wednesday when I woke up - at Cole's parents farm way up north - my sales consultant had emailed me to let me know that we got our date and time! It's now official we're getting married on August 13th at 5pm at SeaBreeze Point! As soon as I read through the email I got up and let Cole know. His response was to give me a high five but anyway. I then grabbed my laptop to immediately respond with all the required info. Now I'm just waiting for our LoA! Pretty much as soon as I finished the email to Disney I emailed Regina to let her know we had our date and time with Disney and that we were waiting on our LoA and what we were thinking we'd need for coverage. She responded bright and early Thursday morning with three personalized proposals. Cole and I talked them through while driving back in to Calgary and I emailed her our choice and a couple of questions. Minutes later Regina sent us our contract and answers to our questions. I need a couple answers from Disney before I can fully complete the contract with Regina but we're well on our way with our dates and photographer confirmed!!!! It's starting to feel really real, haha!

Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone had and amazing Christmas! It was nice and temperate here and with my parents in town to celebrate for the first time since I moved away it was obviously a good one. We always volunteer for a local organization called Magic of Christmas and this year was no exception and while poor TinkLover_Sam's evil boss made her work and we had an "interesting" family volunteering on the bus with us it was still so amazingly rewarding.

Everything is official with Disney; we sent our LOA back last week (it should have arrived today in fact) and sent Regina our deposit. So both the wedding and the photographer are locked in. Now I want to reach out to try and book my hair in Florida as I have a very specific look I'm going with (more on that below) and want someone I know will be able to pull it off. It's sad but I'm already worried about being able to book someone for out in-park shoots since I'm not sure when Disney will let us book them since we're only using their photography for our DP and only the wedding itself is confirmed thus far. But in the meantime I'll just be happy that everything is coming together so nicely.

Sam's dress came in before Christmas and she was able to try it on. So far it fits great just a little big in the bust. We're waiting to do alterations until the last possible minute. I'll let her share the photo of her in the dress if she wants.

Today I had an appointment to get my hair done up in a rockabilly style. The two inspiration photos I finally settled on were these:

I want to be this girl so bad haha!

We decided to do two victory rolls on the sides and a small "poof" in the middle then curl the rest of my hair. Unfortunately the girl doing my hair (who was FABULOUS!) was running a bit late and we didn't get started on time and I have TONS and TONS of hair (and we had to leave by 5:30 to watch Canada beat Russia for the GOLD MEDAL in the IIHF World Juniors) so I only had two hours. Easy you say... You haven't seen my hair for real :rotfl: If I had to do it over I'd insist she not wash my hair as the drying really ate into our time. In the end I loved it - though I'd lower the victory rolls on the sides and lose some of the volume in them.

I love what she did to the back of the "poof" adding another roll.

The closest thing I have to a pic of the front is this reflection in the mirror.

We ran out of time to really curl the bottom and didn't get the victory rolls as secure as I would have liked. Unfortunately over the course of cheering for Canada the roll on my left side kept falling down. When I got home I took the victory rolls out and pulled everything but the "poof" and it's accompanying roll into a ponytail and I think it looks cute too.

So that gives a couple options to work with. Please excuse my horribly dirty bathroom mirror it does not look nearly as bad in person I swear!

Welp that's all I have for now but my dress should be in sometime this month so hopefully I'll have pictures soon!!!

Hi,

Was just looking at your ideas and posts and I KNOW your wedding is going to be absolutely beautiful! Good luck with everything!

MY DRESS IS IN!!!!! (Actually it came in on Thursday but yahoo decided to send that email to my spam folder so I just found out!) now I gotta get to the shop this week on my days off so I can show my mom when I see her in Vegas next weekend! Oh and I get to go to Vegas next weekend with my fiancé, my parents and my sister TinkLoverSam and her hubby for a long weekend baby-moon if you will (for Sam not me!)

So much to update everyone on but not enought time. I've been talking to my wonderful planner (who has the same name as my mom so I will always remember her name!) and we've been able to customize some things and made lots of decisions about our day so far. I'm just waiting to get an LOA for our dessert party for Fantasmic! though our space is being held for us. I also got to try on my dress last Friday and got some good pictures in it. I have a couple of veils I tried on so when I see my mom this weekend I can show her pictures to see which one she likes. I've also ordered a couple of accessories and various wedding doodads plus booked an officiant so I will hopefully update all this on Thursday... For now I'll leave you with this pic of me in my actual dress!image.jpg

Eeek I've missed so much I need to comment on!

First of all, super big congrats on getting your date and time!! That's always worth celebrating.

Your hair style is so unique and it looks like it will fit your day perfectly. Holy crap your hair is long!! Are you planning on growing it out for the wedding? Either way, it will look stunning!

Your gown is amazing and you look positively radiant in it. Can't believe it's February already - time really is flying by!

I love your dress! And a Fantasmic dessert party sounds SO COOL. You're getting to be like 6 months out now! I'm so excited for you!

I love your dress! And a Fantasmic dessert party sounds SO COOL. You're getting to be like 6 months out now! I'm so excited for you!

Thanks Amanda! I am 6 months out from the start of my vacation this week. My ADR date is this weekend (yay for travel agents who make ADRs since I'll be in Vegas!) we'll have to try and get together again when I'm there since I'll be there for 22 days we should be able to find one day that works.

I've been ordering stuff on Etsy and really getting everything together. I have so much stuff to share with the decisions and plans we've made with out planner. I can't wait to get this updated with all of it.

I had a few free minutes at work tonight so I'll try and get through all my updates. First we'll talk about my dress. I love it. It is definitely a little big and needs to get taken in but that's okay. I also go fabric ordered to make new navy blue ties for the corset back. While we were there I tried on several veils. These two were my favoritesimage.jpg image.jpg
The first one has very small beading (with hidden mickeys seen upside down here)image.jpg
The next is very heavy but gorgeousimage.jpg
We took pictures of the tags so I can call in and order whichever one I settle on. I also got my fittings booked though my first one isn't until May...
Now on to my wedding plans!
My planner has been so great about answering my questions so, so quickly! She gave us the go ahead to add some detail to our cake so it will look something like thisimage.jpg and to customize the flavors so we're doing almond with amaretto crunch and red velvet with cream cheese icing!
I picked the rose bouquet and will have mine be 90% dark pink roses and 10% ivory wrapped corset style in navy with dark pink underneath. Sam's bouquet will be the reverse basically also with corseted wrapping. We're getting a classic car though the one I've been dreaming about for a year is for sale so it might be sold by the time my wedding comes (boo!)
A reminder... (It's even navy!)
image.jpg
but they've suggested two other options instead a 1949 Pontiac Silver Streak or a 1948 Cadillac Limo (both are black and the photos won't upload) we're leaning towards the Silver Streak if the Chevy sells. For any of them the price will be $1150 I think.
I also asked about switching out the violinist for a guitarist. She told me the swap would cost $250 or its $600 to add the guitarist... We haven't decided yet but I'm leaning towards just having both for a fuller sound...
I asked how much it would cost to have the Grey Goose Lemon Citron Slushes at the dessert party and was quoted the very reasonable price of $12.50 each BOC plus a $100 bar tending fee which would exist no matter what we had for alcohol so that's definitely on the menu. Since nothing else is booked for the dessert party (still waiting on the LOA for that) that's all I have for that.
I also booked LeJeune for my wedding day hair and makeup plus for Sam and our mom to get to 6 services.
Last but far, far from least we were offered dates for our in Park shoots. We'd asked for Monday the 17th but HS has early entry that day I think so she said we could do MK that morning and HS on the 18th... Since I have to get hair and makeup for the shoot I'd rather do them both on one day (though that would mKe it easy for me to wear my long dress in MK and my short dress in HS which I've been contemplating...) we'll see what she says on that.

Okay that seems like all the major things for now... I'm sure I'll have more soon!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    739.7 KB · Views: 3
image.jpg image.jpg I had to take screen shots on my iPad because the images were too big but here are the other cars...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    714.8 KB · Views: 1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter