• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Allegiant Air Feedback

njanimalkingdom

Mouseketeer
Booked Allegiant a few weeks ago to Sanford.
Just saw an article today on Safety concerns.
Any feedback good or bad. (I know the media only reports the bad)
Thanks

My sister plane last year had a hard time pressurizing and she waited at the airport for 6 hours. once on the plane the window in the row ahead of her was cracked. My husband is a pilot and said he would NEVER fly with them because of their maintenance history.

We flew them once out of Dulles. Their customer service was nonexistent. We arrived safely about 4 hours late. You get what you pay for. I don't plan to ever fly them again no matter what the price. We were cruising the next day and I was so stressed out, it's not worth it to me.

I've flown them 3 times, twice to Orlando and once to Vegas. The trips to Orlando were uneventful. Our outbound flight to Vegas was fine. We were delayed about an hour coming back due to a maintenance issue with the lavatory. They ultimately determined that they couldn't fix it in a timely manner and since it wasn't a safety issue (and there were 2 other functioning lavatories on board), they were just going to send us without that lavatory being functional. Then, the airport was in the middle of a runway reconfiguration, causing us to be an additional 45 minutes late. All told, not an awful experience by any means.

I've flown about 10 jumps to and from Sanford. Only issue last trip was maintance, but a flight came in and they had us board onto that plane. They seem to have many planes to bring in. I am happy with the customer service with savings and finding individual seat saving by going to the airport to purchase tickets. They've seated kids with us right then, pre paid for the suitcases. We buy water at the airport and pack a snack. It's only a 2 hr 15 min flight which is direct that I truly love.
Just leave enough time to get to Sanford, return the rental. Oh, I find the best counter service at Alamo. They are a walkway outside the airport, but I was given an SUV over the min an I had reserved no objections. Told my son go pick out a car. The line at Dollar/Thrifty was a dozen long.

My sister plane last year had a hard time pressurizing and she waited at the airport for 6 hours. once on the plane the window in the row ahead of her was cracked. My husband is a pilot and said he would NEVER fly with them because of their maintenance history.
Please explain this a bit more... I do not work for Allegiant, but I am aviation savvy.
The way your post reads is the airplane would not pressurize on the ground due to a cracked window???
Please correct me here.

MG

Please explain this a bit more... I do not work for Allegiant, but I am aviation savvy.
The way your post reads is the airplane would not pressurize on the ground due to a cracked window???
Please correct me here.

MG

No responsible airline would ever fly if one of the windows were broken, but I guess that excludes Allegiant. Maybe they would? I thought it was the seals around the doors have been failing and Allegiant doesn't replace them. That would cost money that would reduce the CEO's bonus check. Can't have that.

Please correct me here.

MG

Please correct me here.

MG
I don't know I am not an airline mechanic. But those were the two issues with her flight she was on.

I personally have not flown with Allegiant but my uncle travels to/from Florida with them frequently and hasn't had a problem. Several friends--no problems. A few friends delayed overnight in Fort Myers due to mechanical issues. A friend flew to Tampa at the beginning of the summer and had an aborted takeoff (they started to takeoff and slammed on the brakes, taxied back to the gate, deplaned and had to wait for the mechanical issue to be fixed).

I am still up in the air about whether I'd book with them or not. I've not had a flight priced out through Allegiant with luggage and fees that was significantly cheaper than Southwest. Now if I ever find one...possibly...

we flew Allegiant when they were briefly flying out of Worcester massachusetts....it was actually one of the best flight experiences we ever had due to the size of airports we flew out of and into (sanford)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter