• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All-Star Sports?

tink0283

Mouseketeer
I am staying at the all-star sports resort this coming december. I have never stayed there before but my bf is big sports fan, and when looking at all the resorts, he thought this one looked the "coolest"...and i didn't complain cause its a value and cheaper (figured we would never be in the room anyway).
If anyone has any pictures or comments about this resort please post...i have already booked but i would like to know what to expect.
also, since we are going in december, if anyone has any pics on how it is decorated for the holidays that would be nice too.
thanks!

We stayed at ASports this April and thought it was really nice. We got a newly renovated room in the football section and loved it! The new design is beautiful.

We are staying at Sports in December. Is there hair dryers in the room or should I bring my own?

Check this thread out for pictures on page 13.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1565088

We are staying there this December. My DS11 is going to be in the NFL (Just ask him-he will tell you!) So, there was no other place for him to stay than AS Sp. I of course requested the Touchdown building. Hopefully we get a room in one of them :)

That is funny you should say that because my DS (9) is going to Ohio State for college and he is going to study "defense" that's what he tells everyone.

I think the AS Sports is adorable but have never stayed there. One of these times we are going to because I too have a football nut for a son who would love to stay at the All Star Sports.

Have a great time!

My DH and I stayed at ASSports for the first time in September and we really liked it! We are park people so we don't spend much time at the resort anyway. We stayed in the baseball section (my DH plays so that's where he wanted to be). I don't know if the room was refurbished or not but the mattresses felt new and were really comfortable. The pools were constantly crowded though (it was hot!) - there were usually people swimming when we left EMH in the morning! I would definitely stay there again.

That is funny you should say that because my DS (9) is going to Ohio State for college and he is going to study "defense" that's what he tells everyone.

I think the AS Sports is adorable but have never stayed there. One of these times we are going to because I too have a football nut for a son who would love to stay at the All Star Sports.

Have a great time!

I love it! Study Defense! :rotfl: :rotfl2:

We stayed at Sports last year and loved it. It wasn't busy when we were there so I am sure that helped. We were in the baseball building which wasn't too far from anything. I don't think I would want to stay in the football building - the middle court doubles as a football field and there was always people playing around in it. It is close to the main building though. My kids especially loved the arcade. We switched to a mod half way though and they wanted to go back to Sports. We are staying at AS Music in a couple of weeks to try something new and they are not happy about that - they want AS Sports! Have fun!

I was there just in August and it was great. It was my third (I think) visit there, but the most recent was several years ago. Check in was smooth and efficient. Room was clean and rehabbed. Mattress clean and comfy. Food court was fine. We were in baseball, overlooking the pool. There was a bit more pool noise at night than I would have liked, but turning teh TV on, even very, very low masked it nicely. Enjoy your trip!

My trip in December will be my 12th stay at Disney's All-Star Sports Resort.:) The five different themed sections are Surfing(Preferred Section $12.00 per day surcharge),Basketball,Tennis,Football and Baseball.Surf's Up!(surfing section) has a pool and Home Run Hotel(baseball)also has a pool.It is similar to Pop Century in that it has a "main" building housing the Food Court,Arcade,Merchandise Shop,Front Desk,etc.If you have any specific questions,I would be glad to try and answer them for you.I KNOW your bf will like it(and I think you will too).:)

We stayed at Sports last year and loved it. It wasn't busy when we were there so I am sure that helped. We were in the baseball building which wasn't too far from anything. I don't think I would want to stay in the football building - the middle court doubles as a football field and there was always people playing around in it. It is close to the main building though. My kids especially loved the arcade. We switched to a mod half way though and they wanted to go back to Sports. We are staying at AS Music in a couple of weeks to try something new and they are not happy about that - they want AS Sports! Have fun!
Music is a great Resort.:) If you don't already know,they have a daily Activities Program on the Calypso Pool deck and a nightly movie right by the Calypso Pool.Also,in case you don't know,as a Guest at any one of the three All-Star Resorts(Sports,Music,Movies)you are allowed to use the pools,etc. at all three Resorts,so if your kids get "homesick" for Sports while at Music,just make the short walk from Music to Sports and enjoy the Grand Slam Pool,Game Point Arcade,etc.:)

We were in the Surf's Up building #6 in August and we loved it...it was quiet but very close to everything!!!!! I can't wait to go back:)

I am sure it might have already been discuss in this thread but I did not see it. I was wondering what kind of internet hook up they have in the room and what it cost to use it. We were thinking about bringing our laptop. So my next question is what do you do with it when not in the room. Will it fit in the safe?

just came back last week from all star sports.
my 19th stay there.

i call it my home away from home.

all the buildings have been refurbished.
new furniture and decor in all the rooms.

you can pool hop to the other 2 sister pools.
you can use your sports mug at the food court at the other 2 sister hotels also.

none of the bus rides to the 4 parks are long.
the longest bus ride from sports is to dtd.

i am rarely in my room.
i'm usually up and there when the parks open and still there when they close at night.
i use the room to sleep and shower basically.

sports is the first stop for the busses to the parks and the first stop coming back from the parks.
on busy days once it is 3:00, each of the all star hotels have separate busses.

you'll enjoy staying at the all stars sports.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter