All Star Sports Renovations

Was just looking at booking an All Stars standard room for August and the photo on the WDW site shows the old rooms still, though from this group it sounds like all Standard rooms are done ??

Was just looking at booking an All Stars standard room for August and the photo on the WDW site shows the old rooms still, though from this group it sounds like all Standard rooms are done ??
Yes all standard rooms should be finished now

Part of the reason I think they slowed down is cheer season, it is over now, so maybe the gates will go up on building 1 soon. Hoping to hear an update tomorrow. Sports group admins are deniing renovation questions as it is getting pretty repetitive asking if done, so it's only an admin post.
the amount of teens there during our stay was crazy. I don't know what sport they were there for, but they were there in droves! And noisy! I did see a lot of kids with band related shirts in the parks, and on our last day, a lot of Special Olympics people were checking in.

the amount of teens there during our stay was crazy. I don't know what sport they were there for, but they were there in droves! And noisy! I did see a lot of kids with band related shirts in the parks, and on our last day, a lot of Special Olympics people were checking in.
I was at movies for 12 nights at the tail end of spring break in mid April and I saw a ton of high school groups. Some where there with the school bands but there were a lot of high school seniors there on their school senior trip.

I think this Disney site is not correct, for starters the Disney World website still states the old rooms, guests in the sports facebook group have been reporting that cast members have been saying they are finished when they are still working on them, this has been going back since March. Building 2 seems to be 100% done, while mixed results about 1 being started. Another major red flag is that they mentioned they used chat and they have been stating that for months that they are finished along with the phone cast members. I have seen many posts showing there chats with Disney while renovations were still in progress.
I agree , plan disney often has incorrect information. the answers are sometimes really drawn out and beat around the bush too.

Sometimes you want a simple sentence answer that they blab for 3 paragraphs.

Someone mentioned 6 weeks ago they got an old room at all star sports.

Last edited:
The website will not change until the full renovation is done and every single room is finished. It's always been this way.

Is there a way to find out when / where these groups are staying, so we can avoid them?

Update from facebook :they have no clue when building 1 refurbishment will start. They keep waiting… they are trying not to use the building as occupancy has been low and don’t want to put people in non refurbished rooms who have paid the same price as those people in refurbished rooms, but have had to use some of the ADA rooms in building 1.

We have a one night stay booked for Aug 4th, preferred room. If we are assigned an old room, would it be unreasonable to ask for a non-preferred room that was renovated? (I understand that a room we have to be available for us.)

We have a one night stay booked for Aug 4th, preferred room. If we are assigned an old room, would it be unreasonable to ask for a non-preferred room that was renovated? (I understand that a room we have to be available for us.)
My guess is that they'd put you in the other preferred building in a refurbished room.

Let us know what happens!

Getting mixed results saying that building 1 is done for all star sports on the All Star Facebook group. One person said parts of it is done and another is saying all buildings are done. Website has been officially updated with the new rooms.

Getting mixed results saying that building 1 is done for all star sports on the All Star Facebook group. One person said parts of it is done and another is saying all buildings are done. Website has been officially updated with the new rooms.
We just left this morning and it looked to me like all buildings are done. I didn’t see any construction equipment

We just left this morning and it looked to me like all buildings are done. I didn’t see any construction equipment
Okay maybe they are then, if you didn't see gates. One comment mentioning parts of it are done made it look like they weren't done. They don't make a lot of noise or you hardly know they are there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter