All Star Sports Renovations

I will be checking in this Saturday. I'll ask at the front desk and then post an update.
I would do a walkaround building 1 & two instead. Seems like the front desk has been giving wrong information from what I have seen in the sports facebook group. Someone mentioned they were told by a cast member at the desk that building 3 was being worked on when it reality several people were posting building 3 was done and saying they were staying building 3.

Anyone know Spanish,
Don't know if he talks about the renovations. Appears building 2 maybe done, 1 not done or has started it seems.

I messaged an admin to see if the Si Disney Admin can come and tell us if building two had any gates up or seeing any construction in around the other side of the building or did it look to be completed. @Federicoargar

Last edited:
Are there any buildings that are open and not refurbed? Or are they working on the last ones now? We are supposed to check in on the 27th, but I'd rather just upgrade to POP if there is a chance of getting a non-refurbed room.

ETA: After checking the first post it seems that Surf's Up would be the only possibility, correct? It is preferred and we are booked standard, so we might not have to worry about it.

We used an AP rate last summer and had an unpleasant stay. The room was 1990 style and the AC never worked. I might try a refurbed room.

So am I correct in assuming that anyone with a standard room reservation from this point forward is getting a refurbished room? If I am understanding correctly, the only building not started at all is a preferred building, right? I will be there in May and have a standard room booked, and would like a new room. Thanks!

This post was from 2 months ago. Is this correct?

Thank you!!!

We used an AP rate last summer and had an unpleasant stay. The room was 1990 style and the AC never worked. I might try a refurbed room.

This post was from 2 months ago. Is this correct?

Thank you!!!
Yes, I have returned from my stay and I didn’t see any construction anywhere. Based on the reports from others, all the standard rooms are done.

FYI - They had to replace my A/C completely while I was there, even though I was in a refurbished room.

Yes, I have returned from my stay and I didn’t see any construction anywhere. Based on the reports from others, all the standard rooms are done.

FYI - They had to replace my A/C completely while I was there, even though I was in a refurbished room.
Did it look like building 1 had been started?

Did it look like building 1 had been started?
There wasn’t any construction activity around it while I was there. They had a large group staying at the resort the prior week, so maybe they were waiting for that to end? The only work I saw anyone doing was some pressure washing of the building I was in (they were cleaning the big bats on the building). I did not see any barricades or supplies stacked around either.

There wasn’t any construction activity around it while I was there. They had a large group staying at the resort the prior week, so maybe they were waiting for that to end? The only work I saw anyone doing was some pressure washing of the building I was in (they were cleaning the big bats on the building). I did not see any barricades or supplies stacked around either.
I was there last week it all looked done to me. Was pleased with what I got for the money.

April 19th from PLAN DISNEY on the Disney Website ... seems to verify this. ⬆️

Hey there, Frederick!

Welcome to planDisney and thanks so much for stopping by with your Walt Disney World Resort vacation planning question. It looks like you'll be arriving at The Most Magical Place on Earth later this year for a stay at Disney's All-Star Sports Resort - how exciting! I'm happy to help you with your question about the status of refurbishments at this fantastic Disney Resort hotel.

Frederick, Disney's All-Star Sports Resort is one of my favorite Disney Value Resort hotels. In fact, I'm currently enjoying a stay here now! I was able to chat with a friendly Cast Member who confirmed that the recent room and Guest area refurbishments at Disney's All-Star Sports Resort have been completed. When you visit in November 2023, you'll enjoy a refreshed room, lobby, and quick-service dining location! Frederick, as the Walt Disney World Resort continuously seeks to enhance the Guest experience, the Resort hotel may undergo additional refurbishments throughout the year, however, Cast Members indicated that they are unaware of additional renovations at this time.

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/staying-allstar-sports-nov-sounds-room-renovations-537558/

Hey there, Frederick!

Welcome to planDisney and thanks so much for stopping by with your Walt Disney World Resort vacation planning question. It looks like you'll be arriving at The Most Magical Place on Earth later this year for a stay at Disney's All-Star Sports Resort - how exciting! I'm happy to help you with your question about the status of refurbishments at this fantastic Disney Resort hotel.

Frederick, Disney's All-Star Sports Resort is one of my favorite Disney Value Resort hotels. In fact, I'm currently enjoying a stay here now! I was able to chat with a friendly Cast Member who confirmed that the recent room and Guest area refurbishments at Disney's All-Star Sports Resort have been completed. When you visit in November 2023, you'll enjoy a refreshed room, lobby, and quick-service dining location! Frederick, as the Walt Disney World Resort continuously seeks to enhance the Guest experience, the Resort hotel may undergo additional refurbishments throughout the year, however, Cast Members indicated that they are unaware of additional renovations at this time.

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/staying-allstar-sports-nov-sounds-room-renovations-537558/
Thanks!

Hey there, Frederick!

I think this Disney site is not correct, for starters the Disney World website still states the old rooms, guests in the sports facebook group have been reporting that cast members have been saying they are finished when they are still working on them, this has been going back since March. Building 2 seems to be 100% done, while mixed results about 1 being started. Another major red flag is that they mentioned they used chat and they have been stating that for months that they are finished along with the phone cast members. I have seen many posts showing there chats with Disney while renovations were still in progress.

Last edited:
Okay, Found a post from 1 week ago in the value resort Facebook group saying that building 1 hasn't started yet. OLther comments state, the second hoops building is nearing completion and have heard 2 is is now done. The video I found was recorded last year.

When was your stay and did you see trucks in the parking lot.

Same with my room. We were there this past Wednesday to Saturday. Stayed in building 3. My room was not cold at all and they came in and pulled apart the grate and replaced the filter, etc. Then, nice and cold. Almost too cold! the ceiling fan in the bathroom was also super noisy. they couldn't fix it at the same time that they fixed the air, but sent someone the next morning while we were at the parks and when we got back it wasn't noisy at all!

While we didn't walk around to every single area, we did have to walk past a few of the buildings to get to ours, and didn't see or hear any kind of construction at all.

Same with my room. We were there this past Wednesday to Saturday. Stayed in building 3. My room was not cold at all and they came in and pulled apart the grate and replaced the filter, etc. Then, nice and cold. Almost too cold! the ceiling fan in the bathroom was also super noisy. they couldn't fix it at the same time that they fixed the air, but sent someone the next morning while we were at the parks and when we got back it wasn't noisy at all!

While we didn't walk around to every single area, we did have to walk past a few of the buildings to get to ours, and didn't see or hear any kind of construction at all.
Part of the reason I think they slowed down is cheer season, it is over now, so maybe the gates will go up on building 1 soon. Hoping to hear an update tomorrow. Sports group admins are deniing renovation questions as it is getting pretty repetitive asking if done, so it's only an admin post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter