All Star Music Status

MomToOne

DIS Veteran
We checked into a preferred room at ASMusic yesterday evening. Here is the status on several recent hot topics:
1. Refrigerators: we do not have a working fridge (note we are in a regular room not a family suite), did not request one. Ice machine on 2nd floor of bldg 10 isn't working but machine on 3rd floor is and we haven't had a problem getting ice.
2. Food court traffic (with ASSports food court closed): when we ate dinner at 6:30 yesterday evening, it was nearly empty. Traffic was also low at 8:00 this morning, but at 10:45 it was pretty packed (not impossibly so but very busy - I saw a few open tables, lines to get food were 4 to 6 people deep at each area)
3. RFID mugs: they are here and active. Some people seem to be struggling to understand how they work but for the most part things seem to be going OK with them

Hope that helps someone!

we will be there on the 28th. One family in a family suite and one family in a regular room. We were really counting on the fridge for fruit, milk etc... for breakfasts. In hope they are there when we arrive. Thanks for the update it is very much appreciated.:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for the Music update. We'll be there in 18 days and I've been getting nervous about the food court and bus situation from Sports' closure.

Is there still the 5 minute wait between refills like it was during the trial a year ago?

We arrive on sept 2nd for 8 night stay and I hope its not to busy no one said any thing when we booked (it was a last minute trip)

How about the pools and bus lines? Does the Sports refurb has an impact?

Thanks for the update and enjoy your trip!

We were there last week we had a non working fridge and also a working fridge the working fridge wast in the right spot yet tho. Pools were t crowded food court was crowded at certain times mainly late breakfast and mid day maybe 2ish buses weren't bad and came quickly we stayed in the broadway section

How long is the Sports refurb going to take? Thinking about booking Music for short trip early January.

Thanks! :)

Sports is scheduled to be done before the end of December.

Thanks for the info! Given that Sports was just refurbished, would it be better to stay there or Music? Never been to either. Is only for 3 nights 1/2-1/5.

Thanks!
Carole

Thanks for the info! Given that Sports was just refurbished, would it be better to stay there or Music? Never been to either. Is only for 3 nights 1/2-1/5.

Thanks!
Carole

The only reason I like sports better is bc they are the first bus stop so your always picked up first and always dropped off first but either hotel is great

is there any word on the refrigerators..did you ask if you will have one soon? .. will all rooms eventually get one? last year i had a regular room with a working fridge - no problems...at music...hope this is a temporary thing

The only reason I like sports better is bc they are the first bus stop so your always picked up first and always dropped off first but either hotel is great

Good point! Probably pretty important given how crowded the All Star buses get! Thanks for the tip! :)

is there any word on the refrigerators..did you ask if you will have one soon? .. will all rooms eventually get one? last year i had a regular room with a working fridge - no problems...at music...hope this is a temporary thing

This was my next question! :)

ChristianR said:
Is there still the 5 minute wait between refills like it was during the trial a year ago?

I haven't tried to get two full cups less than 5 minutes apart, sorry. I did have a problem where the lemonade spit out water only, and I was able to dump out the stuff that made it into my cup before I noticed it and get a full cup of another drink without any issue.

miltimo5 said:

I haven't asked since its not a huge issue for us. We just brought a small collapsible cooler with us. I fill baggies with ice once a day and put them on the cooler to keep our breakfast milk and a few other items cold. I then put the cooler into the unplugged fridge for some extra insulation. The ice has been lasting all day that way.

jsebsirois said:
How about the pools and bus lines? Does the Sports refurb has an impact?

Thanks for the update and enjoy your trip!

Pool seems the same as always to me. Its 5pm now, and its crowded but there are still plenty of lounge chairs available. Bus lines have not been bad other than the normal park closing madhouse.

Food court this morning was pretty quiet at 7:45am but by 9:00 was again very crowded. I counted 8 to 10 folks in each line at that point. But it just felt very busy, not crazy or impossible to manage. There were still some tables available.

Thank you for these updates! We will be at the resort for a short trip next month and the possible lines for food and buses had me stressing out.

We just brought a small collapsible cooler with us. I fill baggies with ice once a day and put them on the cooler to keep our breakfast milk and a few other items cold. I then put the cooler into the unplugged fridge for some extra insulation.

This sounds like an excellent solution for guests who don't absolutely need the fridge. Way to think smart! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter