All Star MUSIC - nightmare!!!!!!!!

This is horrifying and my worst nightmare. I would have to crawl up and cry the moment they confirm it was bed bugs. Honestly I am having a moment of panic thinking you rode a bus and how now there could be bed bugs in the bus and cycle goes on and on and on :sad2::scared1:. OP I am so glad you discover this before you got back home.​

I work in a large office and we had bed bugs here. People carry them in on their clothing, and in their bags, it happens everywhere. They get into office chairs and the carpets etc. Thankfully the pest control company only found dead ones so they believe the preventative treatments took care of them and they did another thorough treatment to make sure they were gone. I used to work for a Taxi company and they had some cabs that got infested! They had to have a company come in and heat up the inside of the car to a high high temperature to kill them. They eventually bought their own machine to treat all of the cabs on a regular basis. One of the mechanics that worked there ended up with his house infested! They paid to have his home treated too. I do not hang up a coat at work and as soon as I walk in the door at home I strip and toss my clothing into the washer. You just never know.
Thats horrific! :scared1: In taxis and offices, oh my goodness. i'd just die.

Just curious, where do you put your coat at the office? And btw i did hear that washing your clothes doesn't necessarily kill the bed bugs. Although i guess on the hot setting, it does help.

This is horrifying and my worst nightmare. I would have to crawl up and cry the moment they confirm it was bed bugs. Honestly I am having a moment of panic thinking you rode a bus and how now there could be bed bugs in the bus and cycle goes on and on and on :sad2::scared1:. OP I am so glad you discover this before you got back home.​
Yes, its horrifying. Just thinking about how easy it is for these suckers to spread around really grosses me out. im so grateful i saw that critter on my first day. I seriously cannot imagine if it went undetected and i brought these things home with me. :faint:

Thats horrific! :scared1: In taxis and offices, oh my goodness. i'd just die.

Just curious, where do you put your coat at the office? And btw i did hear that washing your clothes doesn't necessarily kill the bed bugs. Although i guess on the hot setting, it does help.

Yes, its horrifying. Just thinking about how easy it is for these suckers to spread around really grosses me out. im so grateful i saw that critter on my first day. I seriously cannot imagine if it went undetected and i brought these things home with me. :faint:

Washing doesn't help but a couple of cycles on high heat is the same as how they treat it when you send it out for treatment. We would just prefer to send it (not that I have had to do it recently) because of the fact that while you are drying everything they could be escaping yah know.

Washing doesn't help but a couple of cycles on high heat is the same as how they treat it when you send it out for treatment. We would just prefer to send it (not that I have had to do it recently) because of the fact that while you are drying everything they could be escaping yah know.
True. And I guess the dryer on high would help?

It is recommended that you toss all your clothes in the dryer and heat them on high for a few go arounds, and then wash them. It's the heat that kills the bugs, not the "washing."

I always pull back all the sheets and examine the corners of the bed look for blood spots on the mattress. Never ever had an issue anywhere yet (knock on wood) and I travel a lot! I never set my bag on the bed or floor. Use luggage rack or bathroom floor.

I always pull back all the sheets and examine the corners of the bed look for blood spots on the mattress. Never ever had an issue anywhere yet (knock on wood) and I travel a lot! I never set my bag on the bed or floor. Use luggage rack or bathroom floor.

IDK if it is true, but I read that the luggage rack is where some bed bugs hide, especially if brought in on luggage from a previous guest. Outside the room or in the bathtub are the best places for luggage until the bed bug check is complete.

We once encountered bed bugs in Venice Italy. When we returned home, we left everything outside - we stripped outside and put on fresh clothes that our daughter had left in the shed. Then we went inside, stripped again and put those clothes in the washer/dryer and took hot showers. We left everything in the shed for the night. The next day I double ziplock bagged all our stuff and put in the deep freezer for 2 months. DH had a commercial deep freezer (super cold!) at work where he put the bagged luggage for 2 weeks. Then, after the freezing time, I took everything out of the freezer in lots (two months after the return home) and used high heat to wash and high heat in the dryer. It took about 4 months before everything was treated that way and back in use, but we didn't get bed bugs.

I am terrified of those things! I react badly to the bites and they itch like crazy!!! DH obviously isn't tasty, he didn't get a single bite!

YUCK! I check the beds the nightstands, the walls, the luggage racks, the upholstered chairs, EVERYTHING since that experience in Italy.

OP, sorry that you experienced this. I wouldn't wish bed bugs on my worst enemy.

"Thats horrific! :scared1: In taxis and offices, oh my goodness. i'd just die.

Just curious, where do you put your coat at the office? And btw i did hear that washing your clothes doesn't necessarily kill the bed bugs. Although i guess on the hot setting, it does help."

I would take off my coat in the car before I come inside. I park pretty close to the doors so it is not that big a deal. We have closets here that everyone shares and we are not allowed to have coats at our desks. So no way am I hanging up my coat with everyone elses. I know washing the clothes might not kill them, but it is better than nothing. I am so afraid to bring anything home.

Luggage rack is one of the worst places to put your luggage.

Staying at All star Music next week. Now I'm terrified! I'm packing Lysol wipes now. Not that it sounds like it will help.

Staying at All star Music next week. Now I'm terrified! I'm packing Lysol wipes now. Not that it sounds like it will help.

Bed Bugs are not an All Star Music thing. They are an every single hotel that is out there thing. Leave you bags outside, or put them in the tub, and check for signs of the bugs. Look at the mattress and behind the headboard. Look in drawers. Odds are you will be fine. Having the bugs doesn't make the resort dirty, it simply means someone who stayed there before you had them and shared them.

"Thats horrific! :scared1: In taxis and offices, oh my goodness. i'd just die.

Just curious, where do you put your coat at the office? And btw i did hear that washing your clothes doesn't necessarily kill the bed bugs. Although i guess on the hot setting, it does help."

I would take off my coat in the car before I come inside. I park pretty close to the doors so it is not that big a deal. We have closets here that everyone shares and we are not allowed to have coats at our desks. So no way am I hanging up my coat with everyone elses. I know washing the clothes might not kill them, but it is better than nothing. I am so afraid to bring anything home.
Im with you. I dont like hanging my coat with everyone else's either. Thankfully right now I have my own office. In a situation like that though, I'd be inclined to also leave my coat in my car. We park indoors so i dont have to worry about walking out in the cold.

Lol. No lysol wipes wont help. Just do your best to check for the bed bugs around the mattress, headboard etc as the pp had suggested. Thats all you can do to be honest.

Apparently because of bed bugs. They go there too. From what I read, they dont like tiles and slippery surfaces. Thats why ppl suggest bathtubs and such.

Ah thank you. I thought the luggage racks were safer too - guess no where is safe (except bathrooms) which to me is just too weird to keep luggage in. LOL

Ah thank you. I thought the luggage racks were safer too - guess no where is safe (except bathrooms) which to me is just too weird to keep luggage in. LOL

The mesh of the luggage racks is great place to the bed bugs to hide plus most bed bugs come from other people's bags. As long as you inspect it you should be fine to put it on the luggage rack. You are supposed to leave your luggage outside or in the bathroom until you finish checking. You can use hardcase luggage and put your clothes in ziplock bags if you really wanted to.

Last edited:
I always do a bed bug search first and then I do a surface clean with Lysol wipes and spray. So far, so good.

Not afraid of an AS anymore than I'd be afraid of the GF. Bed bugs don't know the difference. ;)

And...sadly...I've heard of movie theaters having bed bugs too. We try to leave our coats in the car. Really, if you think about it, any upholstery could be a breeding ground. :(

Oh yuck!! We live in manhattan, and while we have never had a bed bug problem ourselves, there was a scare at dc's school. A little girl came in with bites and said something about bugs at home. Kids were all sent home and parents instructed to bag their clothes outside and wash and dry them on high heat. All backpacks/books were left at school and school was closed while the entire building was treated. Kids were psyched to have a day off. Dh and I were away for our anniversary at the time and my poor mom had to deal with it.

Just a note, bedbugs bite everyone! It's just that some of us are "allergic" and the bites show up. I guess that's a good thing, so that we find out they are there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter