All Star Movies vs. Coronado, should we switch to Coronado?

Minniekins

DIS Veteran
So, my DD28 and I are going to WDW in June. Starting June 2nd we got a great rate for Jun 2, 3 and 4 at Asmo(never stayed there before), then moving to our favorite, the Poly June 5-10. We have the opportunity to switch from Asmo to Coronado, for a little over $200 which we'll split. I haven't been there before either, though DD28 and her DH were there in the last 6 months. She loved the room and the beds, not so much the buses or the distance. But we're still deciding between the two. She won't really pick, I know she'd like the little bigger room, but Asmo looks pretty cute. Not sure what to do since she made me be the decider. I hate being the decider, lol. So, looking for some opinions on which might be better. If any of you can share some thoughts, that'd be great, just to hear more opinions on the two places. TIA!

Stayed at both resorts within the last 3-4 years. Coronado was just "meh" in my opinion. I dislike resorts that have multiple bus stops. I personally wouldn't switch if I had to pay more for Coronado.

I agree—would not switch to Coronado. It was very nice, for sure, but imo not worth the extra $ especially if the real star of your show is going to be the Poly! I’ve stayed at ASMusic and ASMovies and enjoyed both more than the Coronado because I love the super-Disney feel, and the more compact grounds. I also think any room on Disney property is going to be plenty big for two adults, so I would not switch for room size either!

I'd switch to Coronado in a heartbeat. The new rooms are SO nice and it has one of the best pools on property.

I know movies is a smaller resort, but I personally love the multiple bus stops. Doesn't feel like you're fighting so many people to get a bus and you're closer to your room. It's a tough call for the reasons you're listing, but unless I knew for sure I'd get a refurbished room at movies there's just no contest.

Without a doubt I switch (in fact I just did switch from a value to CSR for those dates, lol) The rooms are bigger and fully renovated while Movies is currently going through one.

The construction at CSR is coming to an end since the Tower opens about a month after your arrival.

I really enjoy the atmosphere at CSR and had no issues with the buses when we stayed last year....I would switch.

(I have never stayed at ASMo. Stayed at ASMu many years ago.)

I would definitely pick CSR over ASM. Having been to neither yet at this point, that is just pure conjecture on my part, but an AS resort has never sounded like a great choice to me if there were other options. I know people love them, and never having stayed in one maybe I just don’t get it. But CSR gets my vote!

AS Movies is our favorite value!!! For 200$ more I don’t think Coronado is worth it honestly. (We just switched from Coronado to FQ to save some money). I would stay at AS Movies! Most of the rooms are refurbished already and they are so nice!!

Switch! I have stayed at Coronado x2 and found it to be amazing both times.

The bus system was fantastic, the best at any property I have stayed at.

The rooms are newly refurbished and are so lovely. The grounds are gorgeous. The main pool is really well done.

Stay at the value. Not in rooms or resort that much anyways. Why spend more when you do t have to. Pofq. I think is a great moderate. If there is good deals. iE. pin codes. Well go there. But other than that. Values rules.

My wife and I stayed at Movies last month and it was by far the worst room I’ve had in the 40 years I’ve been going to Disney.

It smelled like sweaty feet. The carpet was worn and nasty.

Just gross.

If you stay with ASMo, do all you can to request one of the renovated rooms. We haven't stayed there yet (arriving Wed!!) but having stayed in renovated rooms at both Pop and CS, I'd choose the renovated Value rooms. The finishings are really similar, but both are so modern that CSR seemed sterile without the extra character sprinkled in at the Values. Really hoping for a refurbished room this week vs double beds and carpet older than my kids. I expected this resort to be done by now when we booked it!

I would switch. The renos aren't complete at ASMo and the old rooms are in rough shape. I'd much rather have a guaranteed nice new room at Coronado.

I've stayed at both and enjoyed CSR a lot better. The rooms are really nice at CSR resort and almost have a deluxe type feel to them and also find the resort a lot quieter than Movies. Movies is a great option if you're trying to save up every penny you can and are on a limited budget but if it's in your budget I would go with CSR personally.

So, my DD28 and I are going to WDW in June. Starting June 2nd we got a great rate for Jun 2, 3 and 4 at Asmo(never stayed there before), then moving to our favorite, the Poly June 5-10. We have the opportunity to switch from Asmo to Coronado, for a little over $200 which we'll split. I haven't been there before either, though DD28 and her DH were there in the last 6 months. She loved the room and the beds, not so much the buses or the distance. But we're still deciding between the two. She won't really pick, I know she'd like the little bigger room, but Asmo looks pretty cute. Not sure what to do since she made me be the decider. I hate being the decider, lol. So, looking for some opinions on which might be better. If any of you can share some thoughts, that'd be great, just to hear more opinions on the two places. TIA!

Not sure if you are saying they just stayed at ASMO or CSR in the bolded part. But to clarify ASMO is one of the farthest hotels from everything, only beat by AKL. CSR is actually one of the most centrally located resorts and a short ride to everywhere.

I would switch ... because ...

ASMO began a room renovation but had delays and is far from done. If you get one of the older rooms it will be full beds and old rooms. CSR just completed a room renovation, queen beds and the rooms are very well done.

ASMO only has a food court, while CSR has multiple options for dining.

ASMO is very popular with young families, CSR is more adult. I think you will enjoy the atmosphere much better at CSR.

If you plan to use the pools, there is NO comparison.

Last few years I've stayed mostly values so I can have cash for other things ~ but in this situation with those two choices ~ I would pay the money and stay in the nicer hotel with new rooms.

Coronado and the other moderates have covered bus shelters. This can be a huge advantage! Disney World hit 101 degrees this afternoon... and it was sunny out! Shade and protection from the rain can really help make a vacation more enjoyable.

I would switch to CSR in a heartbeat. CSR was my families favorite resort to stay
at. CSR doesn't accomadate a family of 5. It has a great pool area and has a very deluxe feel to it. Love this resort.

We’ll see you at the Poly!
I’ve stayed both within the last two years. I found Coronado too big of a resort. The rooms are not extra $200 worthy. AsMo is my favorite value, however they are, I believe still doing some renovations if that holds a concern for you. They’re both a good choice for a split stay. If you can, and want to try CSR, I don’t see why not but it’s not worth it for a full stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter