All Star Movies....have they been refurbed?

disneynewman

DIS Veteran
Thinking about staying there this year instead of POP, but wanted to know if the Movies have been refurbed w/ flat screen tv's etc?

TIA

We are supposed to be staying here but I've heard some not so good things so I'm curious too. Subscribing to find out. THANKS!

We have stayed there and no they have not done a room rehab yet. We had not a single issue with our room in fact it was really nice staying there. It is the most Disney feeling resort that they have. You are surrounded by movie icons.

The rooms are a bit worn but that's it. It is still as clean as any other resort.

Thinking about staying there this year instead of POP, but wanted to know if the Movies have been refurbed w/ flat screen tv's etc?

TIA

Nope they have not been refurbed. If you want to stay at an All Star Resort, both the Music and Sports have been refurbed, though I don't remember if they had flat screen tvs.

ACTUALLY, they HAVE started a refirb of ASMo!!! Building 1 is complete and they are working on building 2 right now!!! :woohoo:

AllEars has a video if you click on the video link under ASMo.

ACTUALLY, they HAVE started a refirb of ASMo!!! Building 1 is complete and they are working on building 2 right now!!! :woohoo:

AllEars has a video if you click on the video link under ASMo.

Do you know what the rest of the refurb schedule is and where I can find more information about it? Thanks!:)

Do you know what the rest of the refurb schedule is and where I can find more information about it? Thanks!:)

They are currently refurbing the buildings in numerical order. I think Building 2 is close to completion. They are averaging approx 3 weeks per building and the entire refurb is scheduled to be completed in early November. Not sure when you are planning to travel, but you can always request a refurbed room on your reservation! :) HTH!

Dumb question but how do you know a buildings number?
TIA!

Resort map.

disney-all-star-movies-resort-map.jpg

Thank you! I don't know how I missed that!
We're staying Toy Story in Sept so it looks like we'll miss getting a refurb room!

FINALLY! We've stayed at AS Music twice and now looking forward to staying at AS Movies. Hopefully they will continue to keep the Pop Warner crowd away from AS Movies! The last time we were at AS Music, it was not very pleasant because of the rowdiness of the Pop Warner crowd. They made far too much noise much too late in the night!

doesn't look like Fantasia will be refurbed by August then. Is it positive they are going in numerical order? I know with Pop they didn't.

Refurb update... We stayed in Fantasia Bldg. 5 from 23-30 July and had a newly refurbed room. I think they were still working on other rooms in that building, but there was no work noise or anything like that.

Subbing. We check in 11/27 and I'd love to hear about progress. I booked preferred room and I'm hoping they're all done by then.

Thank you! I don't know how I missed that!
We're staying Toy Story in Sept so it looks like we'll miss getting a refurb room!

When did they start letting us pick the section you want to be in? Last time I was there it was a request, not guaranted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter