All Star Movies - 1 or 2 Rooms?

FairyDustSeeker

Earning My Ears
Woooooo Hooooooo - My family will be visiting WDW for the first time this year! We are a family of four - DH, DS9, DD6 and myself. DH and I are so excited to surprise the kids with this trip around the holidays. We are planning 8 nights/9 days at ASMovies for the theming. This is actually our first family vacation ever. DH and I are a little nervous that we may be pressed for space and are debating whether to book 1 room for the 4 of us, or 2 adjoining rooms. Pros of 2 rooms are more space, 2 TVs, TV can be on in one room while someone is resting in the other, 2 bathrooms, everyone gets their own bed. Ahhhhh. Cons - Double the cost. Since this is a want rather than a need, we're trying to guage whether the extra space is worth the extra expense. Really . . . how much time will we actually spend in our room? Any guidance from fellow DISers would be greatly appreciated! TIA.

While many here will tell you that adjoining rooms aren't guaranteed we have never not had that request met. I love having the extra space but most of all I enjoy the privacy! If its in your budget I would opt for two rooms or go for the family suite at All Star Music.

2 ajoining! thats alot of nights cramped into 1 tiny room. If you can afford it, do it!

We are booked in 2 guaranteed joining rooms in October. I have spoken to 3 different CM's and it states that on my ressie...but I think that is because the kids out number the adults? Not sure.

How about getting a family suite?

Sarah

We've done the two adjoining rooms at ASM and it was great. It's nice to put the kids to bed without having to go to bed yourself. You can unwind watching TV. And two bathrooms is wonderful! Go for two adjoining rooms.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences - so helpful! I spoke with a TA regarding the adjoining rooms issue with 2 adults and 2 children. She said if she books both rooms on one reservation, ASM will guarantee adjoining rooms due to the ages in our party. She explained it has to do with the numbers of adults and kids on the reservation and the fact that the rooms will be booked with one adult per room. She described the adjoining room policy as this: if you have a group of adults with 2 adults in one room and another adult in the other room, they will not guarantee adjoining rooms. In our case, she would book 2 rooms with only 2 adults, so it’s a guarantee. Not sure I follow the logic exactly, but as long as the rooms are adjoining, I'm happy!

If you want the rooms to have a door between them then you want connecting rooms, not adjoining. There is a difference.

Great catch, EpcotBill. Thank you! That was my mistake using the terms interchangably. The TA sent a follow-up email and I just double checked. It does indeed confirm "connecting rooms".

3Boys, thanks for the tip on the Family Suite at ASMusic. Great option! For us, the theming at Movies is a must and the idea of 4 full size beds is a big part of the 2 room appeal. We'll rent a mini fridge for $12 per night and will be good to go. Now if I can just find an instant fix for my coffee habit . . .

Thanks again for all of the tips. Greatly appreciated!

We go for 10 days and just do one room. My kids are still young 3 and almost 6 and they are both girls. They don't mind sharing a bed at this point. The room is a little tight but very managable. We did it the past 2 years after staying in a moderate and a 1 bedroom. The one bedroom was nice but we didn't use really anything the room had to offer. The moderate is a little bit bigger but not by that much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter