All-Star King Beds rooms

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
Can any of you tell me about King bed rooms in the All Stars? I understand they are all handicapped accesible and come with fridges? Is this true?

We stayed in a king room on our last trip to ASMo, the bed was low to the ground, I assume for easy wheel chair transfer. The shower was barrier free, we had a problem with flooding, but I think that was because there was a problem with the drain. But there was a fridge.

I don't know if this has changed, but when we stayed in a king room at ASMo in Jan. 99, we did not have a fridge. But the room was handicapped accessible. The downside was that there was no separation on the floor between the shower area and the toilet area in the bathroom (so that a wheelchair could get in there easily), so when we showered, water ran across the entire floor of the bathroom. Our room was on the second floor of the Mighty Ducks building.

There are actually two types of King rooms at the All Stars. I've stayed in both.

The disabled-access room is exactly as is described here. And, yes, the water from the shower gets everywhere.

The second is laid out exactly the same way, but has the standard tub/shower. This makes for a nice, roomy bathroom. We got one of those in Football Building number 7 if memory serves me properly.

Not sure how many there are of each (or if the one we got in Football 7 was the only one of its kind for that matter).

I can verify that not all King rooms at ASMu are barrier-free also. I stayed in one on the third floor of Jazz Inn in January. It had the fridge, but standard tub/shower.

I have gotten a King bed room with a tub/shower but still handicapped accessible in Calypso. The room also had a refrigerator. I have also gotten a King bed room in Jazz that did not have the tub but had the refrigerator. I agree, the rooms without the tub do get alot of water all across the bathroom floor.

Thank you for your responces!

How did you, as adults, like the All stars? My DH is not exactly thrilled at the prospect of staying there, but we REALLY need to keep this trip under a budget, and we can get the All stars for $62 with the DC

Honestly, I was less than thrilled at the ASMu. I had been displaced by the POR closing, and chose to save money there, rather than go to any other moderate. Boy, did I make a mistake! One thing was the number of screaming high school and college -aged kids with their non-Disney "choice of words", if you know what I mean. Sometimes I was so grateful I didn't have little children with me. Now, please remember, what probably made it worse for me is that I'm a high school teacher who was there solo, looking for some peace and quiet (At ASMu? That was a mistake!) And most of them were probably just teenagers on vacation having a good, but rowdy, time. But a few emphasized the rowdy part, not the good.

When we stayed at as sports..they told us a king room was an extra $10 per night.

We stay at the All Stars alot and always get a king bed when it's just the 2 of us. Yes there are two types of bathrooms. One with a roll-in shower and the other with a tub. I always request the one with the tub, and there has always been a frig. The frig is hidden in the bottom of the dresser--the bottom 2 draws open as a door to reveal a hidden frig. Of course you lose 2 draws. The bed is lower to the floor but is most comfortable. We've been there alot and there are kids most of the time. Most of the time it is quiet, but occassionally there is some rowdiness. I've also been to the Wilderness Lodge where the kids run up and down the hall and the noise is twice as loud, so there is no escaping it. I find the the back side of the buildings, 3rd floor to the the quiet sides. I find that the resorts try to keep the "groups" together and away from other guests when possible. BTW, we have never been charged any extras for a king bed room, or having a frig in our room. We have this accommodation reserved for our trip in April for 2 weeks at the A/S Music. And the same request at the Movies for 12 days in October.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter