All questions about 5X Rewards here...

Got my first-ever offer today via e-mail. 3x after 750 up to a max of 100. I don't see any categories though.

Funny, the mail offer I got the other days lists department stores as one of the categories, but the email offer today doesn't include that. The enrollment code is the same one both offers.

Got my first-ever offer today via e-mail. 3x after 750 up to a max of 100. I don't see any categories though.

This is what I got too...does that mean that we get bonus on any categories? I tried looking online, and can't find anything there, either...

do we get normal pts on everything else...but just the BONUS on the 100? or is it UP TO 100? or does everything else (including the 750) earn 0?

I got an offer in todays mail for my disney visa. It was between Oct 1st and the end of December, if you used your disney visa 4 times or more each month you would get 10 bonus reward points each month-total of 30. Then at the end, if you fulfilled it for each month you would earn an additional 20 making it 50 reward dollars in the end. I signed up immediately! Just thought I would pass this along

I got an offer in todays mail for my disney visa. It was between Oct 1st and the end of December, if you used your disney visa 4 times or more each month you would get 10 bonus reward points each month-total of 30. Then at the end, if you fulfilled it for each month you would earn an additional 20 making it 50 reward dollars in the end. I signed up immediately! Just thought I would pass this along

That's a good offer. Never got that one. I just received the 3 times offer with categories and $500 threshold. Had it last quarter as well, but didn't earn any bonus. This time maybe a couple, we will be in WDW nov/dec, probably won't get the minumum each month for dining since it's in 2 different months. Yours is great!

I just got 3x for Oct-Dec after $1000. Gas, dining, groceries and airline.

I got the 3x offer but mine is after $1250. :scared1:Seriously????? I signed up, but unless they count Target and Walmart, no way will I ever meet that limit. :sad2: Not even when I pay for my airfare this month.

I got an offer today for 3x rewards if I spend over $1,000 on groceries, dining, airlines and gas. I had the same offer last quarter but did not meet the limit until last statement. I bought airline tickets for our trip in April. I expect that I won't meet the limits this time other than possibly the month of November when we are at WDW and will be eating out a lot. I always sign up because you never know and I can always use the extra Disney money :)

I got an offer today for 3x rewards if I spend over $1,000 on groceries, dining, airlines and gas. I had the same offer last quarter but did not meet the limit until last statement. I bought airline tickets for our trip in April. I expect that I won't meet the limits this time other than possibly the month of November when we are at WDW and will be eating out a lot. I always sign up because you never know and I can always use the extra Disney money :)

I received this one too. The threshold is too high. The $500 one I could reach - buy Disney gift cards at the grocery store, but $1000? Not happening. Like you, I signed up anyway. :confused3

I received this one too. The threshold is too high. The $500 one I could reach - buy Disney gift cards at the grocery store, but $1000? Not happening. Like you, I signed up anyway. :confused3

Yes, the bonus is lower and threshold up. I had over 500/month last quarter as well as this one. Nothing last time. I may meet it this time but not much. Too bad it's not on all purchases like I had last Oct - Dec. I had a $200 max and the bonus was 5 times and on EVERYTHING over 250/month! I did earn almost the 200 max. bonus dollars. I put everything I could on the Disney Visa! Now not such a good offer. I will never probably spend 500 a month on the 4 categories. I do sign up though.

I signed both of our cards up. Husbands card was 5 categories and a five hundred dollar minimum. My card has no categories but it has a seven hundred fifty dollar minimum. Those minimums are pretty high but I think that Ill concentrate on using my card since the bulk of our spending is not gas, groceries, airline, department stores and dining. Hitting five hundred dollars every month with those wouldnt be easy. But Ill have no problem going way over seven hundred fifty dollars in a month with cell phone, insurance, cable and internet services.

I signed both of our cards up. Husbands card was 5 categories and a five hundred dollar minimum. My card has no categories but it has a seven hundred fifty dollar minimum. Those minimums are pretty high but I think that Ill concentrate on using my card since the bulk of our spending is not gas, groceries, airline, department stores and dining. Hitting five hundred dollars every month with those wouldnt be easy. But Ill have no problem going way over seven hundred fifty dollars in a month with cell phone, insurance, cable and internet services.

yes, you are lucky with no categories. Just use up to the max (max 100? bonus) and then use your husbands!

I recently got the Oct-Dec one but haven't signed up yet. Does anyone know if it goes based on calendar month, or statement month? I had an issue w/ a Discover Card one time w/ an offer because of that difference in timing. TIA

I recently got the Oct-Dec one but haven't signed up yet. Does anyone know if it goes based on calendar month, or statement month? I had an issue w/ a Discover Card one time w/ an offer because of that difference in timing. TIA

The bonus portion is based on Actual month (1st-monthend) You will earn the regular Disney Dollars on your statement. The bonus portion (the extra 2%) will be earned and posted in a delay of a month or 2. The purchases for the bonus portion are on the Actual month as well. So a pain to keep track of esp. when you have the categories!

I love that we got the grocery, airfare, etc rewards for Oct-December when we booked our airfare for our Dec trip on September 29! Seriously!?!?

I love that we got the grocery, airfare, etc rewards for Oct-December when we booked our airfare for our Dec trip on September 29! Seriously!?!?

It's like they know, isn't it?!? I just got the same one.

It's like they know, isn't it?!? I just got the same one.

Yes, but I was told the offers were mailed on Sept 24!! That's what Disney Visa told me when I called. I have the same categories and $500 threshold. A lot of charging to make only 3times on the amt over 500 each month!! Last year's offers were 5 times plus lower thresholds (at least I had lower ones) and up to 200 in the bonus amt.! I guess they are getting cheaper with this! I'm going to have to weigh getting cash back on my Amex! Disney dollars are great but cash is cash!!

Yes, but I was told the offers were mailed on Sept 24!! That's what Disney Visa told me when I called. I have the same categories and $500 threshold. A lot of charging to make only 3times on the amt over 500 each month!! Last year's offers were 5 times plus lower thresholds (at least I had lower ones) and up to 200 in the bonus amt.! I guess they are getting cheaper with this! I'm going to have to weigh getting cash back on my Amex! Disney dollars are great but cash is cash!!

It doesn't take over a week for something to get to us. Mine didn't come until October 2nd.

Our threshold is $750 I think. We'll never make it. The only month we would have had a chance would have been October if we had booked our airfare then instead of in September.

how do you find out about these offers? I've had a Disney visa for like 10 years and don't recall ever seeing anything about 3x or 5x rewards..... we don't get a paper statement any more so would there be something online?

how do you find out about these offers? I've had a Disney visa for like 10 years and don't recall ever seeing anything about 3x or 5x rewards..... we don't get a paper statement any more so would there be something online?

We get little flyers in the mail. We've had the Disney Visa for 2 and half years and we've gotten 2 offers. 1 this month and one earlier this year. Neither of which will work for us since the threshold is so high. I have no idea how they decide who gets them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter