• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All questions about 5X Rewards here...

about a month ago I received mail saying 5x, but you had to call to enroll. When I sat down to call a couple of days later (my husband had already thrown out the postcard) and they said they couldn't enroll me because I didn't have it in front of me I was surprised to hear they did not have it in my file to check...

I didn't get a card (until after I had already called and got the phone number to call and access code) and called Chase for the Oct - Dec offer. You're the first I've heard of getting the offer now. Call and talk to someone else, they can check.

I didn't get a card (until after I had already called and got the phone number to call and access code) and called Chase for the Oct - Dec offer. You're the first I've heard of getting the offer now. Call and talk to someone else, they can check.

sorry... It was 3x not 5x. My goofy.

I probably should have hung up and called right back. I'm not going to bother now because we are going in early April and don't think the bonus points would be posted to my account by then. Not a huge deal for us because our Capital One card gives us 2x back all purchases.

Can you tell me in what format everyone receives these offers? Is it a postcard? Or is it included in with your credit card bill? or something else? THANKS!!

I get emails when it is time to sign up and have also gotten postcards in the mail though I think they may have stopped and I just get the emails now.

They are so stingy with these rewards! I use this card and Discover and Discover is really generous with rewards and you can get cash. They always have something on 5X (starting in March it's gas, groceries and I think drugstore) and anyone can sign up on the website for the 5x. One time a family member got a 5X postcard from DV and wasn't going to use it so I called and asked if I could have it and they said, "absolutely not." I was surprised that they are not more customer service oriented. It was most likely because at the time I was charging a lot on it and paying it off every month. Then after my last Disney trip I stopped using it for a while (using Discover instead) and within a few months I got my 5x postcard in the mail.

If I didn't love Disney so much I'd dump this card.

They are so stingy with these rewards! I use this card and Discover and Discover is really generous with rewards and you can get cash. They always have something on 5X (starting in March it's gas, groceries and I think drugstore) and anyone can sign up on the website for the 5x. One time a family member got a 5X postcard from DV and wasn't going to use it so I called and asked if I could have it and they said, "absolutely not." I was surprised that they are not more customer service oriented. It was most likely because at the time I was charging a lot on it and paying it off every month. Then after my last Disney trip I stopped using it for a while (using Discover instead) and within a few months I got my 5x postcard in the mail.

If I didn't love Disney so much I'd dump this card.
You saw this on the Disney Visa website? Just wondering. Thanks.

You saw this on the Disney Visa website? Just wondering. Thanks.

No sorry I wasn't clear, I meant Discover is offering those rewards for March April and May. DV usually gives 3x or 5x by invitation only which I think is lousy. Why shouldn't we all get a chance to use the perk?

No sorry I wasn't clear, I meant Discover is offering those rewards for March April and May. DV usually gives 3x or 5x by invitation only which I think is lousy. Why shouldn't we all get a chance to use the perk?

Yes, I know that's what DV does, that's why when I read your post I was confused. Thanks.

I haven't received any special offers from Disney Visa since the last one ended in December.

Wonder, have they stopped doing these promotions? I've stopped using that card and am using Discover instead since they have offers going all the time.

I haven't received any special offers from Disney Visa since the last one ended in December.

Wonder, have they stopped doing these promotions? I've stopped using that card and am using Discover instead since they have offers going all the time.

That's good, but my other card is amex and they have cash back, which is nice but only 1/2 percent and it's posted to the acct. as a credit yearly. the Disney Visa is at least 1% and when I'm going there I tend to use it and pay it off just to get the dollars. I was lucky to get the 5 times offer Oct-Dec. Nothing now.

DH and I both have separate cards. For the most part, we only use them when they offer us a deal. In the beginning it seems like we got the offers regularly, now we never get them. At the very least, they're great for the in park perks like free photos and merchandise/food discounts.

Same here no such luck with any offers :confused3
So i've been using my citicard dividend card. So far I have around $30.00
I need $10 morebefore i canrequest a check

I haven't received any offers since last year either. I was wondering if I missed something, but I guess not. Darn, I won't be able to redeem as much for our trip later this year.:confused3

NO 5 times offers since Oct-Dec 2009. I called to check too. Actually last year I only got it for that one time. In 2008 all 4 quarters. I did get a get $10 Disney Dollars the other day to sign up for direct insurance pmts. I'm not doing that and it's a one time $10. Not worth it. I don't like direct pmts on a credit card or checking acct. I like to make my own pmts.

Just got another email from Disney Visa Earn more Dream Disney Dollars. I thought just maybe a good offer. Well, this was worse than the $10 for signing up to charge insurance! It was add an authorized signer! (so you ean on their charges as well) I think they are trying to get more charges without a 5 times offer!! No extra on the signup!

Just got another email from Disney Visa Earn more Dream Disney Dollars. I thought just maybe a good offer. Well, this was worse than the $10 for signing up to charge insurance! It was add an authorized signer! (so you ean on their charges as well) I think they are trying to get more charges without a 5 times offer!! No extra on the signup!

ROFL!!!! I'm glad to know , that i wasnt the only one that fell for it. lol!
I must say i was disappointed to know it was a 5X offer

I just got a card in the mail offering 3x the rewards over $1200 in certain categories. My question is how do you tell on your statement which category charges fall under. I shop at Harris Teeter but I bet they don't mark that as groceries. I thought I remembered on old statements that it would tell you next to the charge. Anyone? Thanks!

I just got a card in the mail offering 3x the rewards over $1200 in certain categories. My question is how do you tell on your statement which category charges fall under. I shop at Harris Teeter but I bet they don't mark that as groceries. I thought I remembered on old statements that it would tell you next to the charge. Anyone? Thanks!

I can't answer your question, but I was wondering what time period your offer is for?

I can't answer your question- I have tried to figure this out myself and it is frustrating! I know Trader Joe's, Super Walmart and BJ's doesn't count towards groceries. McDonald's and some other fast food doesn't count as restaurant.

Edit: the other thing that is frustrating is that the bonus $ are calculated on a calendar month, the statement is not. I am still trying to figure out if I am missing reward dollars from one month over the summer. I called and never heard anything back. I was supposed to get a letter in 2-3 weeks and that was in January!

If you don't mind me asking, have you been using your Disney Visa lately? When I stopped using it last year, that is when I got the good offers (5x with a low spend). Since my Dec promo ended, I haven't gotten anything and I am tempted to switch to something different like Jet Blue. In Jan I had a bunch of medical bills and then in March we went on vacation, all paid off immediately so no interest. I am afraid since I am actively using the card and paying off every month they won't send me any bonus offers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter