• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All points sold on all 3 of my DVC contracts!!

Uncleromulus

Plain grey will be fine
Had 78 HH points, 50 OKW points, and 230 OKW points. All purchased in the early/mid 1990's. All 3 now sold--DVC exercised their option on both OKW contracts and we had a private buyer on the HH points.

To add that we made some good $$ on all 3 contracts--most likely because of the low price we paid back in the 90's.

Tired of Disney now?

Glad you sold and made some money. I cannot imagine not going to Disney any more.

Well--sort of tired after 59 one-week long visits as DVC members!!

We got our $$ worth out of DVC tho--all those trips always in a one bedroom and 3x in a Grand Villa. Plus 10 years of free park passes!

And we'll doubtless go back--most likely at the Poly where we always stayed prior to DVC.

We got our $$ worth out of DVC tho--all those trips always in a one bedroom and 3x in a Grand Villa. Plus 10 years of free park passes!

And we'll doubtless go back--most likely at the Poly where we always stayed prior to DVC.

We stayed in the Poly with our boys, beginning in 1977, very much pre DVC.

Enjoy all your future trips, wherever!

Sounds like you made out well. Now that I live in FL people keep asking me if I'm going to sell my contracts (I bought at OKW in 1995) but the answer for me is no. I'm using all my points for Aulani now.

Wow-talk about a long list of memories.

Congrats!! Just noticed Disney took both you OKW contracts. Would you mind sharing details as far as UY & stripped or loaded? I have an OKW in rofr right now and nervous they’ll take it.

Congrats!! Just noticed Disney took both you OKW contracts. Would you mind sharing details as far as UY & stripped or loaded? I have an OKW in rofr right now and nervous they’ll take it.

Need to know what UY is.. My contracts were up to date and paid for long ago. Sold all 3 contracts via the Timeshare Store.

Disney passed on mine and it had 92 points for 2018 out of the 370. I am paying $72 per point for OKW. Really didn't think it would pass since others for $75 didn't pass in Feb. (Reports show up on the 1st of the next month) They only took 9 days to pass on it which is incredibly quick. I have been told by agents that it is usually 2 weeks to 30 days. I'm still waiting to hear on a animal kingdom contract, fully loaded and offered $100 per point. My agent said going is $110 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I wanted contracts at 2 different locations for the 11mo window versus a huge contract at one. I have been told the big contracts sell cheaper though. I have seen one for OKW 620 points fully loaded that has been advertised for 2 months already and only asking in the $80's. Good luck to you and let us know how you make out.

What do you mean 10 years of free park passes?

Disney used to give APs to OKW owners back in the 90's. That perk is now long gone, and others seem to be dwindling. This is why people have been cautioned against buying 75 points direct just to get the perks - they can go away.

And IIRC, it was only for 1/2 of the room occupancy, so for example: 2 passes for studios and 1 bedrooms, and 4 for 2 bedrooms ( or for actual occupants, whichever was less).
Correct!

Ah. I was like 11 then so I had no prior experience myself. That system makes sense to bring back to direct buyers in my mind. It would encourage people to buy more direct points if they got free day admissions for the days booked using only direct points. It would potentially close the hybrid loophole by a little bit.

My use year was September. But as far as I am aware, it made no difference in selling my contracts. And given the # of folks going to the Parks and paying, I always wondered why they didn't continue the Free Passes for the relatively few DVC Members...

And with just Mrs U and me, it was free tickets for the "family"!!!

Disney passed on mine and it had 92 points for 2018 out of the 370. I am paying $72 per point for OKW. Really didn't think it would pass since others for $75 didn't pass in Feb. (Reports show up on the 1st of the next month) They only took 9 days to pass on it which is incredibly quick. I have been told by agents that it is usually 2 weeks to 30 days. I'm still waiting to hear on a animal kingdom contract, fully loaded and offered $100 per point. My agent said going is $110 so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I wanted contracts at 2 different locations for the 11mo window versus a huge contract at one. I have been told the big contracts sell cheaper though. I have seen one for OKW 620 points fully loaded that has been advertised for 2 months already and only asking in the $80's. Good luck to you and let us know how you make out.

I sold mine back to Disney at $84 a point--and paid $52 per point when we initially bought..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter