All New Picture of the Day Thread - July 26th 2014

THANKS TO ALL for the wishes for sunshine here in Texas...we had a beautiful day today...after a few heavy, morning showers. I'm getting :offtopic: on a Picture of the Day~Theme Park thread but this (posted on Facebook earlier by my BFF) puts the month of May in perspective for us in the Lone Star State:

...and the tragic stories keep coming...the latest being 9 soldiers at Ft. Hood were killed when the vehicle they were in was swept off the road. Our neighboring town of Brenham had 5 deaths after they had a 20" rainfall in 24 hours. Now our "neighbors" to the south are suffering...the ground is so saturated, gas storage tanks at filling stations are "floating to the top"...breaking through the asphalt parking lots. And to think...I think it was 3 summers ago...we were in the worst drought our State has seen in decades. :sad2: "You gotta respect Mother Nature..." :tink:

2016%20032.jpg

Wow... amazing.. please be safe. (and send some of that rain to my garden.. :worried: )

THANKS TO ALL for the wishes for sunshine here in Texas...we had a beautiful day today...after a few heavy, morning showers. I'm getting :offtopic: on a Picture of the Day~Theme Park thread but this (posted on Facebook earlier by my BFF) puts the month of May in perspective for us in the Lone Star State:

...and the tragic stories keep coming...the latest being 9 soldiers at Ft. Hood were killed when the vehicle they were in was swept off the road. Our neighboring town of Brenham had 5 deaths after they had a 20" rainfall in 24 hours. Now our "neighbors" to the south are suffering...the ground is so saturated, gas storage tanks at filling stations are "floating to the top"...breaking through the asphalt parking lots. And to think...I think it was 3 summers ago...we were in the worst drought our State has seen in decades. :sad2: "You gotta respect Mother Nature..." :tink:

Wow... amazing.. please be safe. (and send some of that rain to my garden.. :worried: )

Truly amazing and more than a little crazy! :crazy: I hate wishing rain on our beloved Disney World but we sure are glad the little tropical depression in the Gulf seems to be drifting Florida's way. :rotfl2: Sure wish we could send some of this for your garden ::yes::; and just as sure, come late July/August we'll be praying for rain again. :crazy: :tink:

Truly amazing and more than a little crazy! :crazy: I hate wishing rain on our beloved Disney World but we sure are glad the little tropical depression in the Gulf seems to be drifting Florida's way. :rotfl2: Sure wish we could send some of this for your garden ::yes::; and just as sure, come late July/August we'll be praying for rain again. :crazy: :tink:

Careful what you wish for!!!

Looks like the DW guests will be seeing a lot of this wet pavement the next few days. :umbrella: Hope they all embrace what can't be changed and make the best of their time in the parks. DD's soccer team decided to play a game of basketball after the lighting/thunder/RAIN cleared the soccer fields and delayed their game at ESPN.:umbrella::

IMG_8698_zpsedbd7f87.jpg
:tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter