All New Picture of the Day Thread - July 26th 2014

Wow...such a beautiful picture of the castle all lit up!

How did you get a photo with no people in it?

Not OP... but I was astonished to see the clock reads 3:20.. I assume A.M. !!!
AND... he is a great photographer...

Thank you!

This is just amazing! I know when I first see it, I am going to just stand there in tears. LOL. I was a bit sad to see from some of the trip reports that they have changed the Main street decor. The swags over the street just look so amazing and my understanding is they are not there this year.

Not OP... but I was astonished to see the clock reads 3:20.. I assume A.M. !!!
AND... he is a great photographer...

Good eye...totally didn't notice the clock time. :goodvibes
That certainly would make sense why there is no one around ;)

This is just amazing! I know when I first see it, I am going to just stand there in tears. LOL. I was a bit sad to see from some of the trip reports that they have changed the Main street decor. The swags over the street just look so amazing and my understanding is they are not there this year.

Thank you everyone! And yes, taking the pic at 3:15 AM certainly helped with not having people in the shot. Truth be told, I was actually disappointed before I took this shot as I wanted to get one closer to the Partners Statue, but there was still around 40-50 people in line to get shots there, even at 3 AM. The park closed at 3AM that day, but I never expected the Partners area to be so busy that late. So, I just meandered down the spectacular Main St., enjoyed the music, the atmosphere, and took a few shots. And yes, they do not have the garland strung across the street any more. It is my understanding they had to make that move as the Maleficent Dragon float in the parade is too tall and would not have made it down main st. if the garland was there.

DSC_0265.jpg

I think most of the floats are too tall for the old Main Street Christmas garland. The Rapunzel float still has a half moon with cupid above the shot in this picture. Sorry for more than 1 "picture of the day".

You won't be alone. That's exactly what happened when I first saw it in person. It's very beautiful in the photos, but when you're standing in front of it, it's stunning, super sparkly, and breathtaking. Enjoy your experience!

I'll be with you in spirit.
:goodvibes

they do not have the garland strung across the street any more. It is my understanding they had to make that move as the Maleficent Dragon float in the parade is too tall and would not have made it down main st. if the garland was there.

Ahhh, the light bulb comes on. Now that you spelled it out for me, it makes complete sense. :lmao:

5 more days. :cool1: LOL Can't contain it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter