All New Picture of the Day Thread - July 26th 2014

DD & DGD saw Cinderella today...they loved it! Back for a 2nd look sometime this spring break week...hope they let Mimi tag along....:rolleyes:

IMG_6563_zps04819996.jpg
:tink:

image.jpg
s4uno8.jpg

This was soooo much nicer before they "upgraded" it.
This makes me so sad. The singular best feature of the lobby, the waterfall, was one of the things that made the Poly unique. Now it looks like any other hotel lobby. If they had consulted their loyal guests, I don't think this would have happened. I am glad we got to stay there a few times and enjoy the sensation of walking into that lobby, hearing the waterfall and smelling the chlorine/gardenia/ scent that signaled we were in a very special place. Sorry for the rant! This is a picture of a picture, sorry for the poor quality, but it brings back great memories.

[QUOTE="Chernabog1940, post: 53255448, member: 493198"
This was soooo much nicer before they "upgraded" it.[/QUOTE]

I TOTALLY AGREE !!!!
Like... "Honey I shrunk the romantic tropical atmosphere & water feature"...to put in seating that only a handful of people will use anyway??? This was an "iconic area", designed by Walt. What idiot who didn't have a clue let this happen? SHAME on you, Disney!!!
Then there's the "shacks" on the water "IN FRONT OF" the Hawaii Longhouse that is a "Consierge" accomodation @ over $550.00 per night....PPUUULLLEEZZZEEE!!! :headache::headache:
I am sooooo glad that I have 43 yrs. (every year) of wonderful memories of what used to be and in 71' it was $42.00 per night !! lol !!

Lets not even talk about the castle forecourt...now cement & astroturf...Gurrrr!!
Well...now I'm sooooo cranked up....I changed my POTD to follow this very SAD theme... :sad2:

DSC_4005.jpg

Last edited:
I know I am coming in late with the Thank you's, but Thank you for all that posted pics of the entry way to China! Helped so much! Everything was created and looked great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter