"all circuits are busy..."

Raenstoirm

DIS Veteran
FYI for anyone trying to call Disney to make reservations for anything, the BoG ressies have destroyed the system. Dont call today! :lmao:

I guess that's why the didn't offer online reservations today. They didn't want the website to crash.

Only at Disney could reservations for a restaurant opening bring a call center to its knees. Not sure if this is a byproduct of the dining plan, but IMO seems like a lot of fuss over nothing. I could understand if this was comparable to dining in the castle with the princesses, but unless I am missing something, it is just a restaurant themed to BatB. :confused3

To each their own.

Only at Disney could reservations for a restaurant opening bring a call center to its knees. Not sure if this is a byproduct of the dining plan, but IMO seems like a lot of fuss over nothing. I could understand if this was comparable to dining in the castle with the princesses, but unless I am missing something, it is just a restaurant themed to BatB. :confused3

To each their own.

I'm excited to see it. But I'm not "call at 7am and wait hours on hold" excited.

I must have gotten lucky.. I called at 7:30 this morning, got busy signals twice, and got through on the third try. Got the day/time I was looking for, but of course, our trip isn't until January.

I wouldn't have called so early except that I was already up and not doing anything else.

It seems ok now. I just called and got thru on first try. Just talked to a recording and got the date and time for my BOG reservation in January. I never spoke to a live person. Then I went online and retrieved it. It is now grouped with my others I made earlier.

To each their own.

I figured it would be like this. It's simliar to what the cell phone companies experience when the new iphones come out. To me those are just another phone. But many many many disagree with me.

Fishermans- Did the automated system give you an opportunity to enter a credit card number to guarantee your reservation? As of this morning, it did not, and everyone who booked through the automated system had to call back and speak to a CM I give a credit card#. Just a heads up!

*MomTo2Princesses* said:
Fishermans- Did the automated system give you an opportunity to enter a credit card number to guarantee your reservation? As of this morning, it did not, and everyone who booked through the automated system had to call back and speak to a CM I give a credit card#. Just a heads up!

To be clear - if you don't have a credit card attached to your BOG ADR, it will be deleted in the overnight processing. So if you used the automated system this morning, call back ASAP!

I called and got a reservation this morning with no cc asked for I heard it would be a problem so I called back and the cm told me it wasn't necessary wouldn't even add my cc to the reservation. Took his name and noted the time just in case....

No it did not. I was surprised too. After reading the responses, I went in this morning and checked and the reservation is still there. I had figured they got my credit card number from my one of my other ADR's as I had to give my phone number. I'll call later today to see what's going on. I do think that it would be pretty rotten for Disney to delete a valid reservation because their system failed to ask the proper question or tell you to call back. I don't think they expect everyone making reservations to be reading this board or know to call back.

fishersman said:
No it did not. I was surprised too. After reading the responses, I went in this morning and checked and the reservation is still there. I had figured they got my credit card number from my one of my other ADR's as I had to give my phone number. I'll call later today to see what's going on. I do think that it would be pretty rotten for Disney to delete a valid reservation because their system failed to ask the proper question or tell you to call back. I don't think they expect everyone making reservations to be reading this board or know to call back.

My understanding is that it was a mistake in setting up the automated system. And the process that deletes probably runs automatically. But I agree, it would be pretty horrible if that happened.

Sometime yesterday afternoon the powers that be decided that they would honor those ADRs that came in without a CC guarantee. Phone CMs got word and started telling guests they would honor them, instead of telling them they would be cancelled. Well, DUH. I find it absurd that it took them THAT long to make it official.

I didn't mind spending a big chunk of time pinning down our ADR (OK, so maybe just a little) but then taking hours to put the word out they would all be honored, resulting in people having to wade through that phone mess a SECOND time...... was just nuts.

And VERY poor management if you ask me.

Actually, I didn't have much trouble making all my ressies yesterday. Yes, I'd get some busy signals the first few times, but I just kept redialing. I got through to the Magical Express line, the Resort Reservations line, and the line for booking a tour all in less than 5 minutes. It's only the Dining line that was impossible to get through.

And while I was too late to get in on any BOG reservations (due to the restaurant being booked solid for that week in less than 3 hours), I was able to get a reservation for lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table instead.

Apparently there's been a number of CRT cancellations, due to BOG. :cool1:

All in all, I was quite impressed with every cast member I spoke to, on what must have been an extremely trying day for them. Well, except for the Resort Reservations guy who kept trying to upsell me to Boardwalk, when all I wanted was POP, and who then tried to sneakily book me a preferred room, when all I wanted was a standard. Good thing I already knew how much a week at POP should come to!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter