ALL Character meals are booked :(

Tina26

<font color=red>Say something witty and you will r
I just booked a Disney trip for Dec 17th through the 21st. We normally always go in July so this is our first trip in Dec. I'm feeling so discouraged because all of the character meals are booked up. What's the best way to snag a reservation for any of these meals? We would love to go to Be Our Guest or Cinderella's Castle. Is there a certain time of day I should keep checking?

It's been several years since we've been to Disney so we're SOOOOO excited to be going back to our favorite place on earth!!!

Definitely check as often as you can. I've snagged some pretty hard to get dining reservations by checking frequently. Usually I keep the dining page open on my computer with the date and time I want the reservation and just hit search to refresh the results every time I think of it.

Thank you so much!! I will keep trying!

I just booked a Disney trip for Dec 17th through the 21st. We normally always go in July so this is our first trip in Dec. I'm feeling so discouraged because all of the character meals are booked up. What's the best way to snag a reservation for any of these meals? We would love to go to Be Our Guest or Cinderella's Castle. Is there a certain time of day I should keep checking?

It's been several years since we've been to Disney so we're SOOOOO excited to be going back to our favorite place on earth!!!
Follow this thread...
DECEMBER CANCELLED ADR Thread - Guidlines in first post

Definitely check as often as you can. I've snagged some pretty hard to get dining reservations by checking frequently. Usually I keep the dining page open on my computer with the date and time I want the reservation and just hit search to refresh the results every time I think of it.

That's what I do too.
I keep my wish list of restaurants/times right next to my laptop.

I know they aren't BOG or the princesses, but there's availability at Garden Grill, Tusker House and 1900 Park Fare on those dates for mostly a party of four, but a couple of them came up for 6.

As others have said, keep checking every day, multiple times a day as people change/cancel all the time. Good luck!

1900 Park Fare is characters, Alice, the Madison Hatter (who is a hoot!) and Winnie, and Tigger at breakfast, and Lady Tremaine and the step sisters with Cindy at night. Sometimes the prince is there as well.
Cape May has Mickey and friends at breakfast and it's a great breakfast buffet.
so think outside the box, and good luck!

We are going during that time and have a reservation for breakfast at Cinderella that we are thinking of possibly cancelling. You can PM me if interested. It is for December 20th at 7:55. I also had trouble getting reservations for our favorites...but was eventually able to get Tusker House and Ohana. Still trying to get BOG.

If you go to the touringplans website, you can put in a query through their 'reservation finder' and it will notify you by text and/or email when a reservation is found. Then you can jump on the Disney website and book it. It has worked wonders for us!

Don't be too disheartened as we book too many at the 180 day window, as most people probably do, then cancel each day throughout our holiday if we don't plan to use them. We are going 10th-26th December and will probably be cancelling some Chef Mickey's, Garden Grill and 1900 fare during the trip. In the past we needed a Chef Mickey's and so each morning we checked for the next day and there was always something available. Don't be disheartened, you will get one at least. As my sister always says to me: stalk the website!

Last edited:
We had great luck checking a cancelled ADR thread like the one linked above.

Another suggestion that I see often is to check right around 45 days before your trip because people cancelling vacations rather than making their final payments will lead to cancelled ADRs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter