All bets are in - will we all make it on the plane??

marivaid

My mother is a Pluto molester.
Hi all !!

Well, I started a PreTR several months ago and never quite got the "courage" to keep it going. See I had a bad feeling about our trip. Always had. They should give me my own Psychic show.

Originally we had planned a Totally Different Trip with my sister. Just she & I. We would do everything. Disney, Universal, Seaworld, Busch Gardens, and the beach, the whole nine yards!

My lovely sister just forgot to mention that she intended to, oh yeah, get her stomach shrinked 6 months before our trip.:rolleyes1
Yes I am a bit mad that she let me plan a trip of that caliber without sharing that tiny little bit of information. Because there is simply no way we could do this so soon after her surgery. But I got over it.

Meet Jesse, my 35yo sister. She had gastric sleeve surgery in April. Didn't tell anyone in our family - not my mom, not me. Said she was going on vacation. Took me about 2mns with her on the phone to figure it out. Jesse's a bad liar.
Since then she has lost about 120lbs. She looks better, I guess, but doesn't feel so good. She still has some pain issues, and gets tired extremely easily.

Still, the trip was doable. At some point our mom, aka Grumpy, weaseled herself into our trip. We had booked a Platinum package for one night at WL, and after many many MANY changes, had decided to stay at WL for our entire trip. We would take it easy, and rest every day, and whenever she got tired, we'd stop. We booked our flights. We shouldn't have.

See we have a nice little gift in our family : polycystic renal disease. Cysts that develop on the kidneys, and other internal organs. At some point the kidneys become useless and you need dialysis 3 times a week to, well, live. Our dad is at the dialysis stage. Jesse is at the beginning stage of the disease, and I choose to stay in the dark.
Because my dad's kidneys are so big, there wouldn't be space to put a graft in (should they find one). So he has to get surgery to remove a kidney, in November. My mom will need to be there with him constantly for at least 3 months after the operation. Besides, he could get a transplant at any time after that, so he can't go anywhere and naturally, neither can we.
Jesse's on vacation in October and so am I, because my current contract ended at the end of September and I won't start again until late November at the earliest.

All this to say that this was kind of a "now or in a very,very long time" situation.

Jesse started having severe pain on one side of her stomach in September. We all figured it was the surgery, but it wasn't. She had kidney stones, and those stones made the cysts on her kidneys burst and bleed. She said it was the worst pain she ever felt. She went to the ER three times in two weeks, and of course,we decided to cancel our trip.
Except our travel insurance doesn't cover preexisting illnesses, and we were looking at losing over $3000.

Jesse felt better and wanted to go. She had painkillers to take if the bleeding started again (there's nothing else to do anyway). After a lot of searching we found an insurance company that would cover her medical expenses should she need a doctor in the US. If we had booked that insurance when we booked our trip, we would have been able to cancel. Lesson learned.

So we decided to take a chance. Grumpy and I are going, and if she feels good Jesse will too. Originally she & I were supposed to stay for a few more days without Grumpy, who had no desire to visit Busch Gardens. We decided to modify our flights so we could all come back together. We cancelled our Platinum package because she couldn't participate in most of the tours or activities. Besides they'd cancelled Seas Aqua and that was the one thing she wanted to do, that she could actually do.
Instead we turned our Platinum package at WL into a free dining package at CSR. This way, if only Grumpy & I were to go, at least we wouldn't spend as much.

Jesse has to avoid being hit, she can't do anything that would shake her, so many rides are out. We decided to cut our Disney trips down to four full days, and head to the beach after that.

So, there we are. Less than three days before we are supposed to leave, and it's looking good so far (knock wood!!). But anything can happen. We will add Jesse to our CSR reservation Saturday night - I was going to wait until she made it on the plane on Sunday, and add her at checkin, but then I realized that if I did that, she wouldn't be allowed on DME.

There you go, our life story ;) Wish us luck!
I swear the next chaper will be funnier!!

Here we are, Jesse, myself and Grumpy with our pal Donald :

DSC04478.jpg

I sure hope it all works out!!

Hope your sister is well enough to go.

Genetics can produce such a challenge sometimes.

Marina!!! I was JUST thinking of you this morning! It's been so long since I've seen a TR from you! (the last one I read was the make-up trip you and your mom took, after the trip you brought your sister on.... :rotfl2: )

So glad your back with another one!

ETA: Your sister cracks me up! That surgery could have gone devistatingly wrong and she didn't tell anyone??? And that is scary about the PRD in your family....definitely painful and expensive. Hope everyone is doing OK :)

Hi Marina,
I have read all your other reports - you have a natural talent for writing.
I just found this report....did you go? is everyone ok??
Hope all is well...

Yours is the only trip I've read on the WDW TR side. We are DL visitors. Anyway, I wanted to re-read some of your hellish tr- I remember it being hilarious, and to catch up. It sounds like you are planning or you did a recent trip? Please update and let us know how your sissy is doing.

Just found this! How was the trip? How are you and your sister and mom and dad?

subscribing and hoping everything for your trip came together! Most of all I hope everyone is feeling better physically.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter