Alien Encounter: Never rode it. What was it really like???

The first time I went on it I thought so, but it was great. I was one of those who really liked it and was really disappointed with the Stitch addition. It is really bad now. I remember the first time I felt the alien's breath on my neck!:scared1: It was creepy in there when it was so dark then flashes of light showed the alien had escaped the glass enclosure. It was really cool.

It was one of my favorite attractions at WDW. I understand that it may have been too scary for the kids, but there were pleny of other rides for the kids. They should have kept this for the adults.

I would say that the concept was great and executed well. And I would also say that it is now.....well.....aweful.

DH LOVED this attraction! It didn't go fast, didn't go up...didn't move! He is so sad that he only got to do it once, especially with what has replaced it.

Alien Encounter was the best! It was super scary. Even after riding it and knowing what to expect it still creeped me out. Imagine this: take Stitch's Great Escape, get rid of the cute 'fluffy' appeal, get rid of the familiar disney charecter, take out the friendly parts and the funny things, change the blue paint back to gray (maybe), add more dark 'time' during the show, get rid of the awful smell (the burp), make the script more adult and scary. It's like Stitch but PG-13 version. It rocked! and I miss it so much......

I love Stitch (the movie, not the ride) and think that this ride really does the movie a great injustice as well as it does all of us Alien fans.

If you turned your brain off...the show would scare the (insert favorite thing to be scared out of you here) out of you. If you sat in the correct part of the theatre, you could see the beastly eyes staring at you from above. Then there was the guy who yells out, 'someones Brains just landed in my lap' (or something to that effect). Well done indeed!

Otherwise it was loud and still scary. Still, I loved it as much as anyone.

I seem to be one of the few who also enjoys Stitch. I think it's much better for the Disney Theme than AE was. You can take a kid to see the Stitch show without worring about the kid (or you) having nightmeres.

AE would work better at MGM or EPCOT, or maybe one of those other theme parks I here that they have in the Orlando Area that I have never been to.

I realy loved the ride. It gave me goose bumps and reminded me of the movie, where the alien breaths on Ripley from behind. When we got off the ride - all my friends couldn't stop talking about it and how cool it was. I think they should have kept it even if some people found it scary. They have roller coasters that people find scary.

Stitch is a very dumbed down version of it and I only rode it once. Never feel the need to go on it again. With Alien Encounter I would ride it every time.

Alien Encounter could have been one of THE attractions at WDW. But it just wasn't scary enough; as a matter of fact, the original alien was so tame that then Disney CEO Michael Eisner requested a scary upgrade of sorts. Still, it didn't work in its new incarnation. The herky-jerky movements of the creature didn't look real enough and, as such, did not instill the universal necessary scares, although its "movements" in the dark were good. In a way, the Stitch version works better because it's designed to be fun oriented rather than scare oriented. However, unless you're a fan, the Stitch attraction is a one-time event.

AE was fantastic. DS was 10 when we went on it and Sooooo grown up. Well this grown up young man held my hand till it went numb during the show and was white as a sheet when the lights went up. He loved it and went on it again 2 years later and did better that time.

In October this year we finally broke down and went on Stitch ( I hadn't wanted to do it because it sounded dumb) I hated it and DD hated the smell of the chili dog, made her want to throw up:sick: , and the smell stuck in her clothes all night. DH thought it was OK, but DD, her DH and I thought it was really stupid. When I told her about the original show she said she would have liked that better too. Wish they would bring back the original, but maybe move it to another park.

Alien Encounter was pretty scary. It was an amazing attraction that used multiple senses to scare the heck out of ya.

Scary sights, musty smells, sounds of the alien breaking out of the glass capsule & "flying" around the room and the "crunching" sound of it eating the person behind you and the blood squirting on your neck!:scared1: :scared1: The feel of the "wind" as the alien flies by you.

Needless to say, it absolutely TERRIFIED my 8 year old son:sad1: , I felt so guilty :guilty: , but he's now 13 and we're both glad we saw it before they closed it. :)

I wouldn't say it it was really that scary (unless you get scared easily) but it was definately neat and I think for younger kids it would have been pretty scary. It was so much better as AE instead of Stitch.

Alient encounter scared the bejeezus out of me:scared1: It actually took me a long time to even consider doing Stitch, thinking it was the same, I DO NOT LIKE BEING SCARED!

The first time I went on it I was 12 and it scared me to death! About the same as Tower of Terror did. I guess I was probably the perfect age group for that attraction, b/c you get much older than that and you don't get too scared aside from the startle factor of the breath and shoulder running effects.

I refused to go on it with Stitch now. I have heard too many bad things so I think this is one that if everyone starts to avoid it maybe they will change it!:thumbsup2

All these descriptions make me so sad that I will never get to experience it...

Yes, I thought it was pretty scary. The Stitch version is, sadly, very lame.

The first time I went on AE I was in my 20's, yet I still grabbed my daddy's hand while the experience was happening. Yet, I loved it and still remember just about everything about it. I hated Stitch. I thought it was disgusting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter