• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ale and Compass add-on breakfast buffet

Llama mama

DIS Veteran
Hello,
So I see Ale and Compass has returned the offering of their add-on breakfast buffet. Has anyone done this and is it worth the add-on price.
I have a daughter who I think would really like this.

Haven’t experienced it personally, but if you go on YouTube there are lots of recent videos of people reviewing the buffet & breakfast there.

While I have found their entrees plenty of food, I think the add on was worth it because it includes coffee/juice as well, so essentially you are paying only a few dollars more for fruit and pastries. I also have a 12 yo son and a 14 yo son who are always hungry And enjoyed the add on pastries.

While I have found their entrees plenty of food, I think the add on was worth it because it includes coffee/juice as well, so essentially you are paying only a few dollars more for fruit and pastries. I also have a 12 yo son and a 14 yo son who are always hungry And enjoyed the add on pastries.

I agree with this. We dined there about two weeks ago - once I decided on my entree, I realized it was worth the cost to upgrade to the buffet for the coffee/juice, fruit and pastries.

Is there are kids price/version of the buffet or did your kids have to pay the adult price?

Were the main dishes not great?
We did the buffet before the entrees came out so we were mainly just full. Although, my DD11 did not like her chocolate waffle from the menu. I think our scrambled eggs were runny, too. Everything other than that was good.

Is there are kids price/version of the buffet or did your kids have to pay the adult price?
Children ages 10 and up will be charged the adult price at WDW restaurants.
Were the main dishes not great?
I didn't think Ale & Compass was very good when we went 2 weeks ago. It was a shame as we had gone soon after it opened a few years back and thought the breakfast was very good. It is now mediocre at best. I don't think I would go out of my way to eat there again.

The fresh fruit on the buffet is great! Along with biscuits and gravy and coffee… totally worth the upcharge to me.

I tried the chocolate waffles and thought they were absolutely as good as everyone raves about. Everything our table ordered exceeded our expectations.

They weren’t offering the buffet when we went in 2020. However, the chocolate waffles were absolutely decadent, and the apple French toast was great. They even had the best bacon we have had at Disney.

It isn't "necessary" at all, meaning that their entrees are plenty.

That being said, if you love breakfast food like I do then it's great - you get an entrée and solid pre-entrée breakfast buffet options, best of both worlds (but a lot of food).

I was just there a few weeks ago. I had the American breakfast, which was $16. I also wanted coffee, which is $4. So, basically, for an extra $3 I got the buffet offerings which included the yummy fresh fruit, cinnamon rolls and biscuits and gravy. To me, that made it worth it.

If you are going to drink something other than water, it's worth it to get the buffet since a drink is included with it, but not just the entree. We ate at Ale & Compass for breakfast twice when we were there in November and really enjoyed the buffet with our meal.

I’m thinking of booking a breakfast reservation and just wanted to make sure I understood.

The menu says the buffet is $23. So if I ordered an entree would the $23 be added onto that entree price? Or does the $23 include an entree choice?

Also, between Boma and Ale and Compass for a family of 5 which would be better? I’m nervous that my kids won’t really eat much for the price of a buffet. However most rave about Boma.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter