Alcohol at resort

whitestavern

Earning My Ears
We'll be staying at OKW in a couple of weeks. Does Goods to Go sell wine and beer? Also, can we bring our own alcohol to the pool?

Yes, they do. The beer has a very substantial markup, the wine less so.

As for bringing to the pool: I'm not sure of the Official Policy, but I see folks doing this all the time. No glass, obviously (so leave the wine bottle elsewhere).

We bring our own plastic cups and bring our wine to the pool to watch the kids swim at night.. No one has said anything to us before.... We have done it at all the resorts...

We'll be staying at OKW in a couple of weeks. Does Goods to Go sell wine and beer? Also, can we bring our own alcohol to the pool?

I have often seen people sitting at pool side tables with their personal beverages. As long as you don't disturb anyone you won't be bothered. As for buying at the resort stores... it pretty comes out the same as buying it at the pool side bar... huge markup. If you are so inclined, I would make a stop at a store outside of WDW prior to arriving. This will result in substantial savings.

I know a DISer who uses her refillable mug and fills it with wine :rotfl2: to take to the pool.

I've seen wine and beer there, i know they sell it. However it sounds like they're closed right now. we've taken drinks to the pool and never thought we were doing anything wrong. I guess i can't say for certain though, like a pp said...no glass :)

The cheapest route is to just buy a small bottle of liquor. All resorts sell them behind the counter in the stores/gift shops. Actually not bad prices at all.

We bring our own plastic cups and bring our wine to the pool to watch the kids swim at night.. No one has said anything to us before.... We have done it at all the resorts...

Great idea! I learned a VERY good tip today! :thumbsup2

A great place to purchase wine is in Epcot. A lot better selection than the the resort gift store plus the mark up does not seem to be so extreme. Don't forget to pack you wine bottle opener!! :)

For those wondering about markups--for comparison, we often buy Chateau Ste. Michelle Riesling to drink at home. When we lived on the East Coast we paid $12-13/bottle and now that we live out west (it's a California wine, I think, maybe Oregon) it's $10 or $9 at Costco. I believe it was $15 at the POFQ gift shop and they lent us a bottle opener (but we had to use the plastic water cups that came with the room).

Garden Grocer sells and delivers alcoholic beverages to resorts. Might save money if there are other items you need during your trip.

We use Happy Limo for each WDW trip from MCO to our resort with a grocery stop a Publix. We buy water, breakfast foods, fruit, mixers and booze. Last trip we paid $110 plus tip for the limo....it's a great way to arrive :cool1: ..... kids love arriving in the limo, no luggage hassles and we have everything we need for the week. We always bring our own plastic cups and take our cocktails to the pool in the afternoons. Never had a problem.

At OKW there should be a wine bottle opener in your villa- if you can't find it call housekeeping for it. Again the only rule is no glass at the pools.

Not sold at Goods to Go (the quick service) but in the general store. I don't believe the store is closed now. Quick service has been moved to the bar. Yes there will be a substantial markup. Probably won't save you a lot of money unless you buy it off site.

Yes you can take your own booze to the pool. No glass though.

I find it the best way not to spill it. :rolleyes1

Oh I don't dispute that it is practical. It's just that if I sat in the sun and drank a filled resort mug of wine I fear I might actually become the poolside entertainment :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter