Alaska Cruise for us DISers on RCCL Jewel of the Seas 6/12-19/2015 (Official Thread)

It looks like Melissa (msteddom) and I will be joining this cruise as well!

We met as roommates on the BSM ABD this past July and now we're continuing our travel adventures!

I'm super excited as when I heard about the trip on the podcast it sounded amazing. I'm glad the timing worked out!

It looks like Melissa (msteddom) and I will be joining this cruise as well!

We met as roommates on the BSM ABD this past July and now we're continuing our travel adventures!

I'm super excited as when I heard about the trip on the podcast it sounded amazing. I'm glad the timing worked out!

We get to travel together twice!:thumbsup2

If you have been on the fence about this trip--it is time to get off!!! We just got word that we will be losing most of our remaining group space. The sailing is almost at a Stop sell for groups which means we won't be able to add more guests.

Remember, if you place a deposit now and can't travel, it is refundable up until final payment date.

I just booked the cruise! My husband and I will be going. I have never cruised before so I am counting on all you DISers to lead me through this process. Thanks, Tracey!

Tammy R.

Hi All

So I've finally taken the plunge and booked! So excited :cool1: I was supposed to go to Alaska this year with DCL for my honeymoon but my husband pretty much ended our marriage 6 weeks before we were due to set sail :mad: I was on the fence about booking this cruise in case going to Alaska was too upsetting but have decided I can't think of a better way to cruise than with a bunch of DISers :thumbsup2

This will also be my first Royal Caribbean cruise as well as my first trip to Seattle - I'm sure I'll have lots of stupid questions nearer the time :thumbsup2

Looking forward to meeting some of you on PCC 5.0 too if you're going :thumbsup2

Does anyone have any suggestions on shore excursions? There are so many to choose from and I am overwhelmed.

Does anyone have any suggestions on shore excursions? There are so many to choose from and I am overwhelmed.

I'm feeling the same way about shore excursions, and I have even more limited choices as my mother has mobility issues and the excursion needs to be interesting to a tween boy!

Looking forward to meeting everyone in June!
Alicia

I'm feeling the same way about shore excursions, and I have even more limited choices as my mother has mobility issues and the excursion needs to be interesting to a tween boy!

Looking forward to meeting everyone in June!
Alicia

I took a peek at them as well and then got overwhelmed and stopped looking.

I've hear "flight seeing" in Alaska is amazing, but I'd also love to do something with the husky dogs.

I have a question about the return flight home. Does anyone know what the earliest, safest time we can get a flight home on our return day?

Now that PCC 5.0 is behind us, perhaps its time to see if we can get some action going on this thread. :boat:

Kinda want to go on this haha. PCC 5.0 was great and my wife and I have talked about doing the Alaska Cruise thing sometime. Not sure on timing though.

My last trip to Alaska was in 2002, but the excursions haven't changed a whole lot.

Juneau:
I just booked the Pilot's Choice helicopter tour for the Juneau day. I did this on that last cruise, and it was AMAZING (if you like helicopters.) You get unbelievable views of the glaciers, and actually land and walk around on them a couple times!! They outfit you with big parkas and boots, you just need your camera.

This was truly the most memorable excursion I've taken on any cruise in any port, and I'm thrilled to be able to do it again.

Skagway:
The White Pass Scenic Railway was a nice excursion. The railroad travels through very scenic and rustic mountains in the Yukon, you cross from Alaska into Canada, the train itself is pretty cool, and the guides talk about the gold rush and history of the area. You get great views from the train car, makes for excellent photos.

Happy New Year everyone! Please add me and my mom (Joyce - MinnieOmie) to the list. We are looking forward to seeing everyone!

I talked about this cruise with my wife, but the timing is just not going to be good it sounds like for us. We have a family wedding around these same dates and are already creeping awfully close to that with a Disney cruise before that I booked (before the wedding date was set) for my parents and us.

Enjoy the free ice without us, unless something changes.

My last trip to Alaska was in 2002, but the excursions haven't changed a whole lot.

Juneau:
I just booked the Pilot's Choice helicopter tour for the Juneau day. I did this on that last cruise, and it was AMAZING (if you like helicopters.) You get unbelievable views of the glaciers, and actually land and walk around on them a couple times!! They outfit you with big parkas and boots, you just need your camera.

This was truly the most memorable excursion I've taken on any cruise in any port, and I'm thrilled to be able to do it again.

Skagway:
The White Pass Scenic Railway was a nice excursion. The railroad travels through very scenic and rustic mountains in the Yukon, you cross from Alaska into Canada, the train itself is pretty cool, and the guides talk about the gold rush and history of the area. You get great views from the train car, makes for excellent photos.

Thank you for the advice, Kathy!

Unfortunately you will need to remove sierranevada and lulubelle (Bridget & Linda). We have had to cancel - the timing was just not good for either one of us.

Have a wonderful time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter