Alaska Cruise for us DISers on RCCL Jewel of the Seas 6/12-19/2015 (Official Thread)

Such music to my ears! Especially since I literally finish the school year and get on a plane to Seattle the next day.

This is going to be such needed rest and relaxation time!
My wife's last day is the 10th, so she has one day to pack. lol

My son's last day should be the 12th, but he'll be "sick" that day.

We fly early on the 12th.

I have been lurking for awhile. I'm really looking forward to any of your comments about the weather and Juneau, Skagway, and Tracy Arm. I have to wait another year to head to Alaska on the Wonder next July.:charac2: Looks like you have a really fun group going and some great excursions planned. Can't wait to hear about your adventures! Post pictures please!

Laurie

Not sure how I forgot to add to the list that West's cousin Josh is joining us on the cruise to keep him company (or drive him crazy).

I'm in the same boat. My last day of school is the 11th, and we fly out at the buttcrack of dawn on the 12th. I will be more than ready for a relaxing adult beverage on deck!

I have a probable faculty in service day on June 8. I will pack on June 9 and fly out on June 10. Can't wait!!!!

Melissa

Ok, @OKW Lover and @jcb, watch out! I got Christy a new camera to use on the cruise. She wanted to use "them fancy lenses that I can carry in my Louis Vuitton bag."
Jeff and I are Nikon Men....can you tell me the model so I can down load a cheat sheet on it?:sail:

Jeff and I are Nikon Men....can you tell me the model so I can down load a cheat sheet on it?:sail:

Canon SL1
http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/9/0300010919/03/eos-rebelsl1-100d-bim3-en.pdf
http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/4/0300010924/01/eos-rebelsl1-100d-qg-en.pdf

Looking forward to seeing her results. I think we should probably set up a Flickr Group for this cruise so everybody can share.

:thumbsup2

not that she will need any help, mind you.

:woohoo:

Why yes Jack. That's exactly what I'm saying. :charac2:

Oh man, I felt the same way! I saw the temps were highs of around 60 and I was like "Well, I guess I'm packing pants not shorts." And seriously, the blood thinning happens so fast. My first summer after we moved I went back to New York... and it was just me and old ladies on the street wearing jackets.

I have been to Alaska in May and end of August. Both times we were really lucky with weather, My husband wore shorts during the day in port, and found pants were more needed on sea days. The cooler air with the ship moving, made for some chilly times on deck! Especially on Tracy Arm day.

I have been to Alaska in May and end of August. Both times we were really lucky with weather, My husband wore shorts during the day in port, and found pants were more needed on sea days. The cooler air with the ship moving, made for some chilly times on deck! Especially on Tracy Arm day.

I completely agree with Tracey. I've been when we were not so lucky with the weather. Port temperatures were comfortable even in the rain but the at sea days in the rain were downright chilly. It was so odd to see the deck pool deserted. I was glad I had more than a scarf to keep me warm. Still, I'm debating whether to bring more than a hat and my fleece jacket.

If we are lucky enough to have good weather, then remember no matter how cool it is, wear sunscreen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter