Alaska Air

czmom

DIS Veteran
For anyone familiar with Alaska Air, do they ever have sales on their flights to Hawaii? Or when the best time to buy usually is?

Thanks! :goodvibes

Do you have the Alaska Airline credit card? If not get one. You can get one of your tickets for $110. Big savings over the $600+ that they usually charge for the Hawaii flights.

I get emails about amazing rates to Hawaii all the time from Alaska air.

I actually just got my first email from them this morning, so I checked their sale prices. Unfortunately they are more expensive than our regular prices for October. :confused:

I fly out of PDX or SEA, and r/t to MCO or Hawaii is about the same price for me on Alaska. In fact, I canceled my WDW trip two days prior this past October and switched to Aulani last minute, air w/ Alaska was less than the r/t tickets I had purchased to MCO months prior.

That being said... I always vacation the last week of Oct and get my hawaii or mexico tickets w/ alaska around a month prior and make out very good. If you travel during a peak time, then their tickets get pricey and are very limited. I passed up an April trip to Kauai because r/t was over $800 or 80k miles... all depends on the time of year you want to travel.

If you strictly are looking for Hawaii deals, watch Hawaiian Airlines as they will run some great deals from time to time. As another poster mentioned, the Alaska Airlines CC w/companion ticket each year is a great way to fund an otherwise pricey ticket (Although Alaska sucked all the joy out of it when they eliminated the first class option with voucher redemption).

If you are looking for October, then I'd wait to purchase... It's not considered a busy travel season and prices will go down.

Just out of curiosity, where are you flying out of? That could make a big difference in which airline you use.

I fly out of PDX or SEA, and r/t to MCO or Hawaii is about the same price for me on Alaska. In fact, I canceled my WDW trip two days prior this past October and switched to Aulani last minute, air w/ Alaska was less than the r/t tickets I had purchased to MCO months prior.

That being said... I always vacation the last week of Oct and get my hawaii or mexico tickets w/ alaska around a month prior and make out very good. If you travel during a peak time, then their tickets get pricey and are very limited. I passed up an April trip to Kauai because r/t was over $800 or 80k miles... all depends on the time of year you want to travel.

If you strictly are looking for Hawaii deals, watch Hawaiian Airlines as they will run some great deals from time to time. As another poster mentioned, the Alaska Airlines CC w/companion ticket each year is a great way to fund an otherwise pricey ticket (Although Alaska sucked all the joy out of it when they eliminated the first class option with voucher redemption).

If you are looking for October, then I'd wait to purchase... It's not considered a busy travel season and prices will go down.

Just out of curiosity, where are you flying out of? That could make a big difference in which airline you use.

We are flying the last week of September and returning the first week of October. Still a low season, right?

We have a SW credit card and use it often- love it! So we plan to fly on points to San Diego and then fly Alaska Airlines to Maui. I tried a few different options and it looked like San Diego was the cheapest.

Hawaiian Air does not have direct flights to Maui, but Alaska does. :thumbsup2

We are flying the last week of September and returning the first week of October. Still a low season, right?

We have a SW credit card and use it often- love it! So we plan to fly on points to San Diego and then fly Alaska Airlines to Maui. I tried a few different options and it looked like San Diego was the cheapest.

Hawaiian Air does not have direct flights to Maui, but Alaska does. :thumbsup2

Yes, that is still considered a slow travel time. Honestly, I'd wait for a few months before booking if you are looking for the best deal on a coach fare. Maui is a very popular destination, but I've seen one way fares lower than $200. The day of the week you are traveling makes a huge difference too... If you can travel say wed-wed then your chances for a deal are much higher.

Alaska has nonstops to Maui from SEA, PDX, SFO, SMF, SJC, OAK, ANC, as well as San Diego. The least expensive tend to be out of SEA, PDX, or SJC, and even BLI (which I didn't list as not many flights go in/out from other carriers). You may want to consider looking at all options, and SW has service to all these locations as well. One thing to consider... Alaska and SW are not partners, and chances of them checking your bags all the way through are very slim when travel is not booked on the same ticket. If you are carry on only, well, nothing to worry about.

Yes, that is still considered a slow travel time. Honestly, I'd wait for a few months before booking if you are looking for the best deal on a coach fare. Maui is a very popular destination, but I've seen one way fares lower than $200. The day of the week you are traveling makes a huge difference too... If you can travel say wed-wed then your chances for a deal are much higher.

Alaska has nonstops to Maui from SEA, PDX, SFO, SMF, SJC, OAK, ANC, as well as San Diego. The least expensive tend to be out of SEA, PDX, or SJC, and even BLI (which I didn't list as not many flights go in/out from other carriers). You may want to consider looking at all options, and SW has service to all these locations as well. One thing to consider... Alaska and SW are not partners, and chances of them checking your bags all the way through are very slim when travel is not booked on the same ticket. If you are carry on only, well, nothing to worry about.

Thank you! I will check those out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter