• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alamo car Rental Age Restrictions ?

tgropp

DIS Veteran
I have just rented a van with Alamo and then I got wondering about age restrictions. I noticed with some companies that they have a 25-69 age checkbox but I never saw this on Alamo. Does anyone know their policy? I will be turning 70 five days before the car rental and don’t want a surprise. Thank You

No idea about the max age, but I believe all rental car companies have a min age to rent that has been in place for many years.

And to think I have been wondering too about age restrictions trying to figure out
How does Disney allow the College Program drive the Minnie Vans now considering I witnessed an backing up accident into a pole last night because they did not hear the beep beep beep …
Pretty sure that driver was not legal age to rent . I guess Uber is different age restriction ?
Still makes me kinda nervous. I don’t think I would want my family member taking on that much responsibility.
Oh wait never mind Next year we will be driverless vans Haha ..No worries after all in my future .

Last edited:
And to think I have been wondering too about age restrictions trying to figure out
How does Disney allow the College Program drive the Minnie Vans now considering I witnessed an backing up accident into a pole last night because they did not hear the beep beep beep …
Pretty sure that driver was not legal age to rent . I guess Uber is different age restriction ?
Still makes me kinda nervous. I don’t think I would want my family member taking on that much responsibility.
Oh wait never mind Next year we will be driverless vans Haha ..No worries after all in my future .
I don't think the Minnie Vans are through a rental car agency. I worked at Disney while in college and was assigned to drive one of Disney's white utility vans a few times (I worked in Guest Relations).

I also rented cars several times between the ages of 21-24 after graduating from college. I had to travel for work and my company rented the cars through the Avis corporate program. My age was never an issue as long as I was renting through the corporate program.

An employer gets to decide at what age (assuming a valid DL is held) employees get to drive their vehicles. I'm assuming most College Program kids are at least 17 (probably older).

And do you know whoever was driving in the incident you were describing was in the College Program, much less their age?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter