Alamo brit price Fuel?

kizzy212

DIS Veteran
Hiya Guys

Prebooked my 7 seater through Alamo brit guide, with the option to pay on arrival. So glad i did as price already gone up by £100. Can any tell me how i stand with fuel.. will i pay on collection or take it back full..? Ive always paid gold/platinum package insurance before with local travel agent which includes fuel..!

Have you received a set price quotation in $ ?

Have you a USA Reservation Number ?

Is all the Insurance included ?

I ask as you just Might have a Hard Sell at your arrival .

No Pre Set Price .... = Any price at arrival

No Voucher .......... = ????

Fuel Most Co. are now Full to Full

Some even look for last fill up receipt.

Hiya thanks for your reply. Yes I have a reservation and final total..

Description Price
Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) Included
Extended Liability Protection (ep) (usa/ca: Up To $1 Mil) Included
Per day Included
Concession Fee 11.11% Included
Per day Included
Per day Included
Vehicle License Fee Included
Sales Tax Included
Unlimited Mileage Included
1 Additional Driver Included
10% Discount

Just doesn't say anything about fuel..

Hello

When we have done Alamo- we return the car full- we also do the skip the line where we 'check in' before we fly and as soon as we get our luggage it means that we can go out straight to the garage to select the car you want. Unless you pay at the garage-you return full!

Hope that helps ! Happy holidays!

When you get the car you may well be given the option to either pay for a tank of fuel then (at a reasonable price) so you can take it back with whatever is in it, or to not pay for fuel and take it back full. If you do the second you need to fill up just before return but don't leave it to the nearest place to the airport if that is where you are going as they charge a very large premium - fill up a couple of junctions earlier, it will still be full enough. And don't forget, if you end up paying the rental company to top it up it is very expensive.

I've always taken the risk and filled up fairly far away from MCO, usually around I-Drive, but even as far as Magic Kingdom. I've never ever had an issue at all (over 10 rentals of gas guzzling Mustangs or Camaros). Even did I-drive to Sanford with no issues.

Never prepay, they will add on at least $2 per gallon.

With Alamo you have a choice. When you collect you can opt to add on a tank of fuel or you can return full.

If we are there a while I pre-pay the tank - it doesn't cost much more than fuelling ourselves and it saves the worry of stopping on the way to the airport.

Never prepay, they will add on at least $2 per gallon.

Alamo certainly don't on their pre-pay as long as you choose it at the time of collection. In December it was actually 10c a gallon under the local price (although they charge you for a whole tank) so not really a rip off.

Alamo certainly don't on their pre-pay as long as you choose it at the time of collection. In December it was actually 10c a gallon under the local price (although they charge you for a whole tank) so not really a rip off.

Chances of getting there with an empty tank are slim. I am sure they make a tidy profit on it, else they wouldn't offer the service. In effect they are charging more per gallon than just arriving with a full tank.

We usually use AVIS and for what it's worth when heading back to the airport we fill up at the HESS opposite Downt... *cough* I mean Disney Springs (I'll never get used to that) and never had an issue.

Sorry to jump the post - but its made me check mine - can somebody tell me what the Florida surcharge is please.

UNLIMITED MILEAGE INCLUDED
Cdw-allocated Inclusive INCLUDED
Ep-extended Protection
INCLUDED
Hotel Consession Fee 10 Pct (10.0%) INCLUDED
Tire Battery Fee .02 Day INCLUDED
Florida Surcharge 2.00/day INCLUDED
Vehicle License Fee .78/day INCLUDED
Additional Driver INCLUDED

Sorry to jump the post - but its made me check mine - can somebody tell me what the Florida surcharge is please.

UNLIMITED MILEAGE INCLUDED
Cdw-allocated Inclusive INCLUDED
Ep-extended Protection
INCLUDED
Hotel Consession Fee 10 Pct (10.0%) INCLUDED
Tire Battery Fee .02 Day INCLUDED
Florida Surcharge 2.00/day INCLUDED
Vehicle License Fee .78/day INCLUDED
Additional Driver INCLUDED

It's just a fee that if you were buying the rental via a US site, you'd be paying that ontop of the base rental price. Many states have this fee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter