AKL

Jess_Loves_Disney

Earning My Ears
Hello all! We will be arriving to AKL on Saturday, what standard room would be good to request that may have a partial Savannah view and would be close to the busses. Thanks!

Pixie dust ur way that u get what you want OP!
Ive even been UPgraded to Savannah view at AKL.... Very lucky indeed!
Enjoy your visit.

While there are a few Standard view rooms that are close to the bus that are considered a bad Savannah view --which by far is not-- I do mean a few there are however a good number of parking lot views.. if you request a close to bus you will likely like a parking lot view... pull up the map and request the trail on the opposite side of the pool (left side of building) and you may end up with a nice view but will have a walk...

I'm sorry to chime in kinda off subject but I have a question about AKL; so I thought with the experts around Id ask. I have thought about staying here before, but shyed away due to food concerns. Is there a caferteria type place that services American food like at the BC, Poly and GF? We ate there once for dinner (it was the buffet) and the food was good, but African cuisine I think?....not to the kids liking....Are all of the restaurants/grab n go's like this?

There is a quick service place called The Mara on the side of the Lodge by the pool. It had the normal burger/chicken nugget items/pepperoni flatbread items. Check the menu out online and see if anything looks ok for your family. Boma (the buffet) and Jiko are definitely a little more adventurous!

Hello all! We will be arriving to AKL on Saturday, what standard room would be good to request that may have a partial Savannah view and would be close to the busses. Thanks!

This past May I put in "near lobby" as my only request for our last (add-on) night in a Standard room, after staying a week in a club level Arusha view. We were on the same floor and to the left of the lobby, in one of the first few rooms, on the Ostrich trail. It was a super quick walk to the lobby, and not too far to the buses. It was one of those "partial savannah views" that had the fences and pens right under our room, but the animals still came up into that little corner. It was a great spot! It had me wondering why I spent almost twice as much all week for club level.

There is a quick service place called The Mara on the side of the Lodge by the pool. It had the normal burger/chicken nugget items/pepperoni flatbread items. Check the menu out online and see if anything looks ok for your family. Boma (the buffet) and Jiko are definitely a little more adventurous!
Thanks so much....will do!

I'm sorry to chime in kinda off subject but I have a question about AKL; so I thought with the experts around Id ask. I have thought about staying here before, but shyed away due to food concerns. Is there a caferteria type place that services American food like at the BC, Poly and GF? We ate there once for dinner (it was the buffet) and the food was good, but African cuisine I think?....not to the kids liking....Are all of the restaurants/grab n go's like this?

The Mara was great. We ate there often because we found the options for our kids better there then at the parks. They liked the cheese flatbread and cheeseburger. My DH and I enjoyed the food too.

They had a lot of good breakfast choices too. Muffins and bagels for quick. Also the breakfast platters were huge. We ordered two one morning and there was plenty of food for our 5 and 3 year olds to share with us. The Mickey waffles are good too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter