AKL LITE unofficial FAQ thread#10 - I believe that's known as a 'Jambo Dozen'

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the experts out there.
Staying at Kidani in Nov and in a 1 bedroom, Savannah view.
I would love for the kids to see a giraffe and zebra out of our room. Is there a section I should request?

This help?

Sunset Savannah: Male Giraffe, Bongo, Impala, Thompsons Gazelles, Ostrich, Ankole Cattle, Waterbuck, African crown cranes, stork and blue cranes.
Arusha Savannah: Pelicans, geese, giraffe, ankole cattle, zebra, Wildebeast, eland, gemsbok
Uzima Savannah: Giraffe, Impala, Kudu, Bongo, Blesbok, Thompsons Gazelles

So it seems that Arusha will have both a giraffe and zebra? Is this at Kidani or Jambo house?

Thanks for the help everyone!

So it seems that Arusha will have both a giraffe and zebra? Is this at Kidani or Jambo house?

Thanks for the help everyone!

Jambo. Arusha is the big main Savannah that you can see from the lobby of the Resort. There's a map in the first post

We saw Zebra on the Sunset Savannah when we stopped at Kidnai last year.

Then all the info online is out of date (very entirely possible). It all states that Zebra are only located on the Arusha savannah.

Each savanna has its own unique look and feel. Not all savannas have all the animals. For instance, ostriches can only be found on the Sunset savanna, zebras are only located on the Arusha savanna, kudu are only found on the Uzima savanna. Giraffes are the only animal found on all three savannas.

This is on All Ears under Kidani
"What animals and birds might I see on the savannas?

Animals can be seen from the balcony of your villa. In addition, Kidani Village offers a Savanna Overlook of the first floor outside the lobby. There are also overlooks on the 2nd floor on both sides of the lobby.

Many of the same birds and animals found at the Jambo House savannas will be on the Kidani savannas. The Sunset Savannah (shared with Jambo House) features Anikole Cattle, Nyala, Reticulated Giraffe, Ostrich, Waterbuck, Hartland Mountain Zebra, Wildebeest, and African Crowned Cranes."

I am not sure which sites are the most frequently updated but I know we saw the Zebra on Sunset. We specifically went to see the animals because we had only stayed at Jambo and went to see the view so we could decide whether or not we want to stay at Kidani.

Can you add me to the June list, please. June 7-15 AKL-CL

June
Paula Sedley-Burke, May 28th – 4th, SSR
franandaj, May 28th - 4th, VGF
goofy4prez, 2nd – 9th, AKL-CL
NMDisneyMom, 3rd – 10th, AKV Jambo
Latexscooter, 7th – 15th, AKL CL
ipuffyheartdisney, 13th, BLT
ipuffyheartdisney, 14th -21st, Jambo House
Grandma Rainbow, 18th – 21st, AKL
1971DBday, 19th – 28th, AKV
Manicstreet, 24th – Jul 2nd, AKL

Then all the info online is out of date (very entirely possible). It all states that Zebra are only located on the Arusha savannah. Each savanna has its own unique look and feel. Not all savannas have all the animals. For instance, ostriches can only be found on the Sunset savanna, zebras are only located on the Arusha savanna, kudu are only found on the Uzima savanna. Giraffes are the only animal found on all three savannas.

When it comes to AKL, except for here and Disney site itself, out of date seems to be the order of the day WRT info such as this. When we upgraded I spent a lot of time looking up such things only to note the pages were very old. I always go to the bottom of the page, where it often says "last updated (date)"

When it comes to AKL, except for here and Disney site itself, out of date seems to be the order of the day WRT info such as this. When we upgraded I spent a lot of time looking up such things only to note the pages were very old. I always go to the bottom of the page, where it often says "last updated (date)"

I guess maybe the question of they day is, just why is Arusha view considered the preferred one? If all the animals are more or less on all the savannas.

Oh, and part of the list I found... it's from here (Dis, not forum area)
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/aklodge/animals.htm

I guess maybe the question of they day is, just why is Arusha view considered the preferred one? If all the animals are more or less on all the savannas. Oh, and part of the list I found... it's from here (Dis, not forum area) http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/aklodge/animals.htm
Yeah, some of those pages are not well maintained it seems. I think the most up to the minute indigo comes from the forums -here and similar, as well as trip reports. Of course then you have to watch for misinformation ...

It looks like there's no alarm clock with iPod dock for Kidani studios, either, so I'll have to pack that. No worries!

One question though- how thin are the walls? I love playing music in the morning, not crazy loud, but a little above the 'normal' level so I can sing and get ready for the day. :rotfl: I'm not going to disturb anyone, am I? Especially if I sing some Lion King fresh at sunrise… :rotfl:

I'm so excited about our first AKL CL stay in a little over 2 weeks that I just keep watching YouTube videos and rereading the hotel descriptions!!!! Can't wait to celebrate my birthday and Mother's Day there (even though it is a week late) - I don't care! I'll be at AKL and enjoying CL there!! Sorry... just had to share!

Us too!

Does anyone have any trip reports with Animal Kingdom Lodge stuff in it that I can read? I'm really excited about my trip, and I want to read peoples reports but I seem to always run into trip reports where people are staying at other hotels.

I am dying to reserve 2015 May reservation... for a CL room (1 queen bed) facing the wonderful views...

Does anyone know when they are opening reservations for NEXT year? I noticed they don't even go past December yet!

I am dying to reserve 2015 May reservation... for a CL room (1 queen bed) facing the wonderful views...

Does anyone know when they are opening reservations for NEXT year? I noticed they don't even go past December yet!

You can call on the phone and reserve room only now. The price is not locked in however, so prepare for that to change. But if you want to book something you can do it.

Online booking/2015 pricing will not be out till summer, Aug or so.

Left work at noon today. We head to Florida on Friday morning. Arrive at Kidani on Monday morning. So thrilled.

You can call on the phone and reserve room only now. The price is not locked in however, so prepare for that to change. But if you want to book something you can do it.

Online booking/2015 pricing will not be out till summer, Aug or so.

AWESOME, thank you!!!!! I'll try that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter