AKL LITE unofficial FAQ thread#10 - I believe that's known as a 'Jambo Dozen'

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are booked for AKL January 9-13, 2015 :cool1:

SO excited to stay there - it's our first time & we booked a Savanna view. My husband will never want to leave!

Edited to say January instead of July - I keep doing that today for some reason!!

January
DINKaAtDisney, 9th – 13th, AKL

We also booked the other day for our honeymoon. Feb 14-16, 2015 at AKL then 4 days on the Dream. We can't wait to see what view we get for our savanna room! Also will be celebrating my fiancé's birthday since he is a Valentine's Day baby!

February
CookieandOatmeal, 14th – 16th, AKL Honeymoon

Is the roof renovation very disruptive, or almost complete? We'll be there May 15-22....

A. the project is supposed to be complete by 5/3

B. Depending on what parts of the roof they're working on, it shouldn't be terribly disruptive. The vast majority of the roof at AKL is flat roofing and we rehab those all the time in occupied spaces with very few complaints. It's not even especially noisy. The false mansards that look like thatched roofs are different. That could make a mess. I have no specifics other than what's on this site.

I tried reading through some of the thread to see if this has been asked before....but 144 pages is a lot of pages!

I'm toying with the idea of staying at AKL for our next trip, but my husband has a strict king bed policy. We usually like POR where you can pay for the king and guarantee it....and as much as I love POR, I'm being drawn to AKL. I know you can only request king beds, but can anyone tell me....how likely is it that this request would be granted? I mean, logically, I know that it really just depends....but people who may go a lot, how often vs not does your request get granted?

Thanks in advance!

I tried reading through some of the thread to see if this has been asked before....but 144 pages is a lot of pages!

I'm toying with the idea of staying at AKL for our next trip, but my husband has a strict king bed policy. We usually like POR where you can pay for the king and guarantee it....and as much as I love POR, I'm being drawn to AKL. I know you can only request king beds, but can anyone tell me....how likely is it that this request would be granted? I mean, logically, I know that it really just depends....but people who may go a lot, how often vs not does your request get granted?

Thanks in advance!

I honestly don't know. Better to be safe than sorry, and stick with a place that will guarantee you a King bed with your reservation because you picked it.

Thanks in advance!

...oh, and BTW, :welcome:

Thanks in advance!

I honestly don't know. Better to be safe than sorry, and stick with a place that will guarantee you a King bed with your reservation because you picked it.

I haven't studied it much since we don't care what bed size is (as long as it's not twin) but do the bunk bed rooms all have King beds for the other bed option? No idea, just wondering out loud, so to speak

I haven't studied it much since we don't care what bed size is (as long as it's not twin) but do the bunk bed rooms all have King beds for the other bed option? No idea, just wondering out loud, so to speak

I'm 90% certain that they do have kings in those bunk bed rooms.

I've stayed in an Savannah room with Bunk Beds and a queen bed. Was only there a year ago, so its still fresh in my mind. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter