• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL DVC Club Concierge Level Availability at 11 months

kimkarli

DIS Veteran
If you own at AKL are you pretty able to secure club level if you are booking at 11 months? TIA!!

There are only five 2 bedroom lock offs. That means there is a maximum of 10 reservations each day. So, the chances are very hard.

We have been members for nearly 12 years, with AKV being our original home resort, and have not been successful in booking a concierge level room. We have, however, had greater luck with value villas.

At 11 months, the AKV club level studios are nearly impossible to book. Most of the time, the only way to get a studio is when someone walks their reservation.

AKV club level one-bedroom villas are not as difficult to get, if you can be flexible with your dates.

Typically, we end up with a night or two in club level combined with nights in other room categories.

Our next AKV club level stay is 2 nights in August, probably the least popular month among DVC members. And the only reason we got this was because someone cancelled two nights and I happened to be looking at availability at the right moment (i.e. soon after they cancelled the two nights). I booked this in November, about 9 months before the August date. Those two nights were not available when I checked earlier that day, so someone cancelled that day. I was lucky enough to spot it and have the flexibility to change my vacation plans to use those nights.

I typically check club level availability once or twice a day, and occasionally see a night or two open up for the studios.

Again, one-bedrooms have much better availability at 8 to 11 months. Currently, October shows 17 nights available. September shows 6 nights available (non-consecutive). August shows 14 nights available (mostly 1 or 2 nights). July shows 12 nights available (mostly 1 or 2 nights).

The point is, if you own at AKV and are flexible, you should be able to get a couple of nights in a club level one-bedroom.

However, even if you own at AKV, you need a bit of luck to get a night or two in a club level studio.

Last edited:

At 11 months, the AKV club level studios are nearly impossible to book. Most of the time, the only way to get a studio is when someone walks their reservation.

AKV club level one best villas are not as difficult to get, if you can be flexible with your dates.

Typically, we end up with a night or two in club level combined with nights in other room categories.

Our next AKV club level stay is 2 nights in August, probably the least popular month among DVC members. And the only reason we got this was because someone cancelled two nights and I happened to be looking at availability at the right time (I.e. soon after they cancelled the two nights).

I typically check club level availability once or two a day, and occasionally see a night or two open up for the studios.

Again, one bedrooms have much better availability at 8 to 11 months. Currently, October shows 17 nights available. September shows 6 nights available (none consecutive). August shows 14 nights available (mostly 1 or 2 nights). July shows 12 nights available (mostly 1 or 2 nights).

The point is, if you own at AKV and are flexible, you should be able to get a couple of nights in a club level one bedroom.

However, even if you own at AKV, you need a bit of luck to even get a night or two in a club level studio.
Thank you!!! I appreciate it!

If you own at AKL are you pretty able to secure club level if you are booking at 11 months? TIA!!
No, you have to start "walking" these rooms as soon as you can as an example, if your use year is June and you want a studio club level room for May you need to start the walk June 1st at 8am and walk it all the way to May. The hardest part is being able to start your walk.

I must be the exception to the rule because when I owned AKL I booked 1 bedroom week long stays multiple times without walking - sometimes in August (twice - once for DVC member cruise so before & after cruise ) and once for a week - in early Dec for a week multiple times
I’ve found it is hit or miss lately - sometimes you can get it - sometimes you can’t - but you can keep checking and sometimes dates open up
Good Luck 🍀 I hope you secure what you would like !!

I must be the exception to the rule because when I owned AKL I booked 1 bedroom week long stays multiple times without walking - sometimes in August (twice - once for DVC member cruise so before & after cruise ) and once for a week - in early Dec for a week multiple times
I’ve found it is hit or miss lately - sometimes you can get it - sometimes you can’t - but you can keep checking and sometimes dates open up
One bedroom AKL club level is not extremely hard to book, it is the studios and two bedrooms that are the unicorns.

No, you have to start "walking" these rooms as soon as you can as an example, if your use year is June and you want a studio club level room for May you need to start the walk June 1st at 8am and walk it all the way to May. The hardest part is being able to start your walk.
Ty!

Awesome! Ty!

A member can make a home resort reservation online at AKV beginning at 8 a.m. eastern, 11-months out from date of arrival. For every possible start date of the year, the club level studios (and 2BRs since all are lock-offs and thus a studio reservation eliminates the 2BR) reserve full within nanoseconds after 8 a.m. eastern, or, as is sometimes the case, they are even filled before that time as a result of other owners getting lucky days before one's desired start date, and making a multi-day reservation. The winners are simply those whose computers communicate faster with Disney's than others trying to reserve at the same time. Most lose the battle.

One can attempt a "walk" but finding a day when you can begin a walk is itself extremely difficult. In other words, even to start a walk, you may have to make a large number of attempts over a significant period of time until you get lucky.

The 1BRs also have that eleven month issue but not year round. For the high "fall" season (late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan), they often but not always disappear right at 8 a.m. at 11-months out. During the rest of the year, they fill right at 8 a.m. about 30% of the time.

If you are considering purchasing AKV, do not do so with any expectation of usually being able to get club level rooms. Also, be aware that the AKV value rooms have the same problem. Year round the studios (and 2BRs) fill right at 8 a.m. at 11-months out; 1BRs also do so at times but less than the club level 1BRs. With one historical exception, the standard and savanna view rooms have never had that 11-month issue. That exception was for Sep 30 and Oct 1, 2021 -- Oct 1 began the Disney World 50-year celebration, and for those nights, a large percentage of all WDW DVC rooms filled right at 11-months out, e.g., at Bay Lake Tower all rooms disappeared right at 11-months out.

Last edited:
A member can make a home resort reservation online at AKV beginning at 8 a.m. eastern, 11-months out from date of arrival. For every possible start date of the year, the club level studios (and 2BRs since all are lock-offs and thus a studio reservation eliminates the 2BR) reserve full within nanoseconds after 8 a.m. eastern, or, as is sometimes the case, they are even filled before that time as a result of other owners getting lucky days before one's desired start date, and making a multi-day reservation. The winners are simply those whose computers communicate faster with Disney's than others trying to reserve at the same time. Most lose the battle.

One can attempt a "walk" but finding a day when you can begin a walk is itself extremely difficult. In other words, even to start a walk, you may have to make a large number of attempts over a significant period of time until you get lucky.

The 1BRs also have that eleven month issue but not year round. For the high "fall" season (late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan), they often but not always disappear right at 8 a.m. at 11-months out. During the rest of the year, they fill right at 8 a.m. about 30% of the time.

If you are considering purchasing AKV, do not do so with any expectation of usually being able to get club level rooms. Also, be aware that the AKV value rooms have the same problem. Year round the studios (and 2BRs) fill right at 8 a.m. at 11-months out; 1BRs also do so at times but less than the club level 1BRs. With one historical exception, the standard and savanna view rooms have never had that 11-month issue. That exception was for Sep 30 and Oct 1, 2021 -- Oct 1 began the Disney World 50-year celebration, and for those nights, a large percentage of all WDW DVC rooms filled right at 11-months out, e.g., at Bay Lake Tower all rooms disappeared right at 11-months out.
This is very informative! We definitely want to buy at AKL even without club level, but I didn’t realize how hard it was to book. Still excited about the resort! Thank you!

Impossible without a nice looooong walk when I did it a few years ago. Worth my time cause my daughter was sick 2 nights so I stayed back. Drank and ate my face off. lol

Impossible without a nice looooong walk when I did it a few years ago. Worth my time cause my daughter was sick 2 nights so I stayed back. Drank and ate my face off. lol
Yeah you are talking about a few months long walk to get a AKL club level studio or two bedroom. The hardest part is getting the walk started.

This is very informative! We definitely want to buy at AKL even without club level, but I didn’t realize how hard it was to book. Still excited about the resort! Thank you!

Yeah you are talking about a few months long walk to get a AKL club level studio or two bedroom. The hardest part is getting the walk started.
Yes and when I did it I literally found 1 available day and took the chance. Ended up working out but it was a process and process not really worth it to do again. If it fell in my lap fine but trying to get a 8-10 day trip even 7 months out is a chore anymore it seems. Let me tell you when we bought in it was way way easier and laid back. Now not so much and our trips have become more of a book 7 months out which sucks cause of our work schedules. If we traveled once a year easy cause our seniority being top at work but once you are trying to plan 2-3 trips per year it gets dicey. All I’m saying is overall availability is getting harder and harder.

Luckily, someone was walking a reservation and I picked up their crumbs and got five nights for October 2024

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter