AKL club level or Beach clud standard view??

glasslipper

DIS Veteran
Which one would you pick and why? We are planning a trip in August with free dining and can get AKL club level for same price as Beach Club standard view& level. We have stayed at AKL before and love it, but really like the idea of staying at Beach Or Yacht Club. So, what do you all think?? Thanks for your help!!!!!:thumbsup2

We love AKL and BCV, but I say try Beach Club this time! In August, that'll be the perfect time for you to take advantage of Stormalong Bay, which I'm sure you'll love!

Part of what makes club level great is the food/beverage offerings, but with free dining it's not as big a deal.

I would definitely go for BC/YC. Some of the better restaurants for dining would be a short walk from your resort.

Also, BC/YC are close to DHS and Epcot. Perfect for an afternoon swim at the best Disney resort pool during the summer heat.

Thanks dizfan. I'd really like to go on the sunrise safari, which is part of my dilemma in choosing between the two resorts! The food isn't such a big deal, but the great pool and location of BC/YC as opposed to sunrise safari??? Hmm, maybe it'll be too hot for the animals anyway?(lol) :lmao:

Even with the free dining you will enjoy the food and drinks at the AKL club level.
AND the sunrise safari was the highlight of our trip in December!!! I say stay there and next time go to the Beach or Yacht club. We also stayed at the Beach club for two nights in December and we loved it there too. It was beautiful!!!

How many nights are you planning on going? If it's 'enough', why not force yourself to decide but do a split stay and be able to enjoy the benefits of both?

We are staying AKL CL with free dining this year. Even with free dining, I think the breakfasts are going to be a bonus. Also the evening drink. The sunrise safari is the real bonus though. Also with it being free dining, I'm looking forward to having the AKL CL IPO making my 'harder to get' ADR's.

AKL CL !!!! it is our #1 pick over any of the wdw resorts...we stayed there in dec for a week and we can not wait to go back to our fav resort!The food was great,the service was great and we loved being able to get up in the morning and see the animals!It is soooo relaxing and after long days in the parks that is perfect.We have to to stay at CBR this june but hey its still wdw! but we have already started saving for our next AKL CL vacation!

I have stayed at AKL club level on several occasions and at either the YC or the BC on many other occasions. In favor of AKL is access to the club level, and all the amenities it offers (including pre-trip planning assitance, in addition to the lounge). In favor of BC is the location and the access to the parks. You can't really go wrong with either one; it just comes down to what your focus will be while at WDW. Going to MK every day? Stay at AKL. Going to Epcot every day? Stay at BC.

I would soooo do Beach club. Love it there!!!! We also love the AKL and are staying there in a few weeks for the third time. BUT..... If it were between those two choices i really think I would pick BC!!!! It has sooooooo much to offer.

We did the AKL CL in Oct and loved the lounge, the food was awesome, getting a savannah view was the best but the thing that made it all worth wild was the Sunrise Safari at AK for CL guests only...tons of info on this and the lounge in my Oct link

We have not done the BC CL but we have stayed at the BC and it is a great location. I hear the lounge is very small and often so packed you cannot get in

Both resorts are very busy, crowded and very loud!

For us we would go BC (or see if the BWI CL is available) because we prefer the location. The AKL is just too far from everything

I had the exact same debate. I've stayed AKL Club before, but never in an Epcot resort. So, we choose Beach Club this time!

I'll have then stayed in all 4 areas (MK, AK, DTD, & Epcot).:thumbsup2

Thanks for all the input! I think I'm going with AKL concierge. The draw of the sunrise safari is too strong for me to resist!!:lmao:

We are going to AKL CL in Sept/Oct and can't wait. We have stayed in AKL before but never CL. From what people I know have told me, the sunrise safari makes it worth it alone!

We are going to AKL CL in Sept/Oct and can't wait. We have stayed in AKL before but never CL. From what people I know have told me, the sunrise safari makes it worth it alone!

Hi there, hope you have a great trip! I'm so excited, really looking forward to CL and the safari!!

I know the OP has decided where to stay, and I, too, LOVE both resorts. I just want to reply to this comment (and I know many people have posted similar concerns):

"We have not done the BC CL but we have stayed at the BC and it is a great location. I hear the lounge is very small and often so packed you cannot get in".

Just to put people at ease about staying at BC Club Level. We were there for a week in March when it was definitely pretty busy with Spring Breakers. I was worried about the lounge being too small, but I found that not to be true at all. We never had a problem getting in and getting food and drinks of all kinds. Occasionally most of the tables were taken, but the staff (who were ALL so wonderful) would be circulating and clearing things immediately and seeing if they could get us anything. Most of the time we were just grabbing stuff to go anyway. They have trays that you can use to bring stuff back to your room if you wanted. We had a full balcony so my husband and I would take our drinks back to our rooms. We found all the guests to be very considerate of one another. I cannot say enough nice things about the club level at Beach Club.

I wish I were going back right now and had to make the decision between BC and AKL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter