AKL “lost rooms” and making us move!!

I’d be upset as well. AKL is a unique Disney resort experience, OKW & SSR are nice enough, but they feel like visiting a condo in Florida.
THIS. AKL and SSR are both out of my price range but I have been on AKL, OKW and SSR property to visit and eat at their restaurants. OKW and SSR gave off a retiree community vibe to me. AKL is a themed resort, OKW and SSR struggle in that area.

Just got back from our trip and thought I would update ...

When I had last spoken to the CM who asked us to move to SSR, I was told I would receive a call back. I never did. I called them back when we were literally in the car driving to the resort area and after a lengthy hold, I was told our room at AKL was ready (this was at 6:30pm on day of check in). After the call, the room number and check in info immediately popped up in MDE and I received the "room is ready" email. We really enjoyed AKL and I'm glad they were able to honor our original reservation. We had a wonderful trip!

When I had last spoken to the CM who asked us to move to SSR, I was told I would receive a call back. I never did. I called them back when we were literally in the car driving to the resort area and after a lengthy hold, I was told our room at AKL was ready (this was at 6:30pm on day of check in). After the call, the room number and check in info immediately popped up in MDE and I received the "room is ready" email. We really enjoyed AKL and I'm glad they were able to honor our original reservation. We had a wonderful trip!

I would guess they called a different 1BR guest and that guest took the 2BR at SSR. Happy you were able to get your room at AKV!

Glad it all worked out and you had a great trip!

I'm glad it all worked out for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter