Akershus.......wow

agmmbolam426

Mouseketeer
Well my Wife and I were really excited to book this place for our kids. We knew they would love the character interaction. Well....that is about the only thing this place has going for it. The food was HORRIBLE. The little buffet had some cold fish, cheese, some pastry's, and some bagels. Then they bring out a plate of the worst bacon, some powdered eggs, some sausage and a potato cheese thing. It was bad....really bad.

On the other hand, the characters were great, and I guess that is what you are really paying for. Overall meal for 2 adults and 2 kids was close to $125.00 (we had the DDP). Never again! I would avoid this one.

Chris:cool1:

Too bad. When we went, the character interaction was amazing.
And the picture package is included in the price, a $45 value.

How did you know the eggs were powdered?
Have you ever had powdered eggs before?
Do you make powdered eggs at home, or buy them somewhere?
I have never seen them anywhere. Only hear of them as something from WWII and the Korean War. Didn't think they exist anymore.
I have never seen them for sale anywhere.

The bacon is bad all over WDW, not unique to Akershus.

I agree. This place was horrible. We ate there for dinner when my daughter was into Princesses. It was like eating a tv dinner. My hubby and a friend agreed. The princesses were great though.

Well my Wife and I were really excited to book this place for our kids. We knew they would love the character interaction. Well....that is about the only thing this place has going for it. The food was HORRIBLE. The little buffet had some cold fish, cheese, some pastry's, and some bagels. Then they bring out a plate of the worst bacon, some powdered eggs, some sausage and a potato cheese thing. It was bad....really bad.

On the other hand, the characters were great, and I guess that is what you are really paying for. Overall meal for 2 adults and 2 kids was close to $125.00 (we had the DDP). Never again! I would avoid this one.

Chris:cool1:

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it. Sounds like you had breakfast... we went there for dinner and liked what we had, though the cold buffet was slightly disappointing. With it only being 1 dining plan credit it seemed like a great deal with the characters and all, plus a three course meal and the photo - a much better deal than Cinderella's Royal Table seemed to be at 2 credits each!

I made DH and DSs go on our last trip for breakfast.
They have threatened revolt if I make them try ot again (even for dinner witha different menu all together) because no one enjoyed the food.
The picture was nice, but this is one place that we will not go back to...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter