Akershus or Cinderella's RT?

Strange analogy, so bear with me. I went to college at a school with an amazing Lacrosse team, and when my parents came to visit me on the first parents' weekend, they wanted to get a LAX hat for my younger brother. My mother was hemming and hawing in the store, trying to figure out which hat would be best. I replied, "Mom, he hasn't seen any of these. He doesn't know there are 6 choices. Get the cheapest." She did, and he was thrilled with it, wore it everywhere.

I see many people posting about how magical CRT is, and how their children continue to love it even into their teen years. Since you say you come to Florida fairly frequently, you can always save CRT on a future trip, knowing that it will be still be amazing when DD is a little older.

But you can't go backwards. Meeting Rapunzel will never be as magical for your DD as it is at this particular moment in time. And going to Akershus will be amazing for her, and unspoiled by comparisons to CRT.

Basically, if you do Bon Voyage/Akershus it will give your DD two amazing experiences, while still preserving the ability to "top" them on a future trip to CRT.

This is a really great point! I think I get a little excited to Do All The Amazing Things whenever I think about Disney even though I know we'll probably be back in 6-9 months, but it's all so amazingly fun.

Strange analogy, so bear with me. I went to college at a school with an amazing Lacrosse team, and when my parents came to visit me on the first parents' weekend, they wanted to get a LAX hat for my younger brother. My mother was hemming and hawing in the store, trying to figure out which hat would be best. I replied, "Mom, he hasn't seen any of these. He doesn't know there are 6 choices. Get the cheapest." She did, and he was thrilled with it, wore it everywhere.

I see many people posting about how magical CRT is, and how their children continue to love it even into their teen years. Since you say you come to Florida fairly frequently, you can always save CRT on a future trip, knowing that it will be still be amazing when DD is a little older.

But you can't go backwards. Meeting Rapunzel will never be as magical for your DD as it is at this particular moment in time. And going to Akershus will be amazing for her, and unspoiled by comparisons to CRT.

Basically, if you do Bon Voyage/Akershus it will give your DD two amazing experiences, while still preserving the ability to "top" them on a future trip to CRT.

Great advice and well said!!! If you are never going back to Disney, then CRT may be the best option. But, if shes is 4 and you are going back again later and she loves Rapunzel, then I say Akershus and Rapunzel :)

If the dining plan is listed on your MDE account and you also make your ADRs under that MDE account, then it will give you the option for CRT (as well as any other pre-pay ADRs that accept credits like HDD and SOA) to use DDP credits to hold the reservation or to pre-pay with a card. If you pre-pay, you are charged immediately. If you elect to hold the reservation with dining credits, they won't be redeemed until you dine. You can of course choose to pre-pay and then later get refunded/have them use credits when you go, but your money would be tied up from when you make the ADR until a few days after you dine since it takes a few days for the refund to be processed. As long as you have the DDP connected in MDE though, you will have the option of using credits to reserve.

Good to know. We had not bought the dining plan yet when I was making ADRs :) I jsut knew I wasnt thrilled about coughing up $200. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter