Akershus Change

I am so glad I searched this! We have breakfast reservations for my 3 yo's birthdays (they will be turning three) and we were told they could 'eat off of our plates' (but that we could also give them separate plates without any issue, still free) under the buffet plan. Any idea if this will change? If we suddenly have to pay for two more seats for them I may not see the value any more. Sounds like the food is still the same and the price is still per head, family style, am I reading these right?

Thanks for the info. I must admit I'm a little disappointed to hear this news, as we have an upcoming dinner ADR in September, and we really enjoy the various selections on the cold buffet. And this is silly, but I thought the spread made a really beautiful presentation too!

crossed Akershus off my list of places to eat when they eliminated the picture package with Belle. Pretty sure there was no reduction in price when the picture was taken away.

man i was really looking foward to eating here because of the cold buffet. of coarse now that it is gone my wife still wants to go. where else are u gonna get to meet all those princesses in one pop except CRT that we found to not really be worth two credits. i think that is why they know they can axe the bar and still keep the place filled to capacity. this was one of the meals on our upcoming trip i was super excited for. i guess i will just have to save more room for F&W.

I'm looking forward to maybe a pic or two of what's brought out. I'm clearly a visual-learner. ;). We have reservations for dinner on our trip, as we have every trip in the past with it hour girls, and they do love the buffet but I don't think it's a deal-breaker. I love that they can fill up on relatively healthy items (fruits, cheeses) before they order another pizza (which they'll probably order at many restaurants when it's available) ;). Is fruit on the dinner tray?

I am so glad I searched this! We have breakfast reservations for my 3 yo's birthdays (they will be turning three) and we were told they could 'eat off of our plates' (but that we could also give them separate plates without any issue, still free) under the buffet plan. Any idea if this will change? If we suddenly have to pay for two more seats for them I may not see the value any more. Sounds like the food is still the same and the price is still per head, family style, am I reading these right?
They did not charge us for our 2.5 yo DS.

Your little ones can have their breakfast. At any AYCTE meal, children under 3, (and in your case the kids are considered under 3 because they arrived at 2) are able to eat "for free" Some restaurants will charge for a beverage, and others will not. The children will have their own plates, they arre not required to literally eat off of your plate.

If you choose to order a meal for the kids at restaurant that does not offer a buffet or that is AYCTE, you will be charged. The childrens meals are wicked inexpensive, so feeding the children will not be cotly.

Happy birhtday to the boys!

kosher gelatin (fish)
Tangent alert:

I buy kosher marshmallows that are clearly labeled fish gelatin. But AFAIK, most of what's labeled "kosher gelatin" in the US is based upon a minority Rabbinic opinion that once something has been processed into something that is no longer considered food (the technical test is "a dog wouldn't eat it", as applied to powdered gelatin), it loses its non-kosher status. I wouldn't make any assumptions about the animal source of anything labeled simply "kosher gelatin". (And most people who keep kosher won't eat it.)

On the flip side, the yogurts that I see containing kosher gelatin often don't do this for their plain gelatin. Dannon, for example, has a well known and respected independent kosher certification for their plain yogurt and a few of their other products, but not for most of their products. So I'm more inclined to believe that plain, unsweetened and unflavored yogurt at a breakfast bar will have no gelatin.

EDIT: whoopsie, wrong thread lol

To be on topic, this doesn't bother me too much as long as it's still an all-you-care-to-enjoy sort of situation where you can get more. I don't eat the fish or some of the meat but I LOVE the cheese. I went back multiple times for just cheese at my dinner there last year.

That's because it's no longer Norway. It's "Fantasyland" transported to Epcot :(

Sadly true. The Frozen ride proves that, this is the final nail in the coffin and,now with reports in the other thread that even the platter discussed here has been discontinued, I have no reason to return.

Another question just occurred to me: The meals at Akershus are all fixed price, correct? If so, does that mean you're now paying an exorbitant amount, and instead of just going back to the buffet for seconds, you need to wait for the server to bring you more food?

I have no idea. I havent been there yet, but have a ressie in a couple of weeks. Im keeping it only because I dont want to switch my reservations for the 10,000th time!

I have no idea. I havent been there yet, but have a ressie in a couple of weeks. Im keeping it only because I dont want to switch my reservations for the 10,000th time!

Don't blame you! I finally got a breakfast reservation but also have a lunch reservation - I'd rather have breakfast if it's what was described earlier. Can you update us after your experience please?

Don't blame you! I finally got a breakfast reservation but also have a lunch reservation - I'd rather have breakfast if it's what was described earlier. Can you update us after your experience please?

Sure thing. Ill be there on the 13th.

Is the change for breakfast only, or dinner and lunch as well? I referred to the link above and found the breakfast menu lists something like a "Norwegian Smorgasbord" with specific items listed, while lunch and dinner menus list "Taste of Norway," which if memory serves me correctly, has always been the title of the buffet spread?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter