Akershus Availability

DadLadd428

Earning My Ears
Long story short: first time booking dining reservations. My daughter wants Akershus for her birthday lunch on our EPCOT day, Monday Apr 17th. She's super stoked and can't stop watching videos on it... (thanks vloggers! 🙄) We check in Sunday Apr 16th. In your opinion, should I temper her expectations with only a one day buffer for Disney Resort Guests reservations?

Extra credit question: my mother-in-law wants Ohana on our resort day Tuesday the 17th... (Thanks again Vloggers!) Do I even stand a chance?

As an AVR virgin, this sure does give me anxiety!!!

Thank you for all your opinions!

I believe Akershus is only offering dinner right now. Checking a few random dates that are currently within the 60-day window, I see a spattering of availability, so there's a fair chance you could snag something at 60+1, but you might have to be flexible on the time of the reservation.

At 60+2, I would expect that 'Ohana will be unavailable.

If you're unable to get either on your reservation day and feel like they're "must haves", I would strongly recommend signing up for dining service alerts. There are various options out there including free and paid, and depending upon how important the reservations are, you might want to sign up for multiple.

You'll have to be ready to book instantly if you get an alert as others are likely looking for similar reservations too, but I've had success, and several other people here have as well with using alert services.

I believe Akershus is only offering dinner right now. Checking a few random dates that are currently within the 60-day window, I see a spattering of availability, so there's a fair chance you could snag something at 60+1, but you might have to be flexible on the time of the reservation.

At 60+2, I would expect that 'Ohana will be unavailable.

If you're unable to get either on your reservation day and feel like they're "must haves", I would strongly recommend signing up for dining service alerts. There are various options out there including free and paid, and depending upon how important the reservations are, you might want to sign up for multiple.

You'll have to be ready to book instantly if you get an alert as others are likely looking for similar reservations too, but I've had success, and several other people here have as well with using alert services.
Thank you very much for all the info!

Sign up for dining alerts. i saw a few Akershus come through. Peoples plans change,maybe they aren’t going to Epcot that day or something like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter