AK Wild Africa Trek or EPCOT Aqua Tour Snorkel?

hjvigz72

Forever planning the next visit
We will be in WDW during the week of the 4th and will also be celebrating our daughter's ACTUAL birthday while we are there. Because we can't exactly shower her with gifts (because we're not paying to ship that home!) we'd like to do a special tour with her.

She loves animals and is a swimmer so we're torn on which one. We're looking for feedback from folks who have done either or both tours. What did you like/dislike? Pros/Cons of each etc.

We are also traveling with another family who may join us on the tour. Is there a max# of guests they will allow in the tank? If it were up to me, and money were no object, we'd be doing both but since that's not the case....

Has no one ever done either of these or is it just that no one is interested in giving feedback? HMMMMM....:confused3

Wild Africa Trek is a fabulous tour! But there's a minimum age requirement (I believe it's 8) and a minimum weight as well.

Thank you for that! Daughter turns 12 during our visit, so that's no issue. We looked at the Aqua Tour and for only 1/2 an hour of actual snorkeling, we feel like the WAT is a much better value. Thanks again! H

We did the Wild Africa Trek this past February and it was the highlight of our trip. I highly recommend it. Your daughter will love it. You get all the pictures they take from the entire tour and the pictures are fabulous. What a great keepsake. All pros with this tour...no cons. Enjoy!

Going to agree with the WILD AFRICA TREK. I did it a few years back, and it was really something special. Getting to be that close to the animals with nothing between you was incredible. WAT definitely gets my vote!

I did the WAT in November 2016 & January 2014. Really enjoyed it both times. The only caution I have is to make sure no one has a fear of heights as you stand overlooking the hippos and there are two bridges to cross. Learning about the animals was awesome, you have plenty of opportunity to get a closer look at the animals and to ask questions of the guides. Have a great vacation!

WAT all the way, great photo ops and a plethora of fantastic info about the animals, habitats, diets, etc. I haven't done the aqua tour but, like you mentioned, with only 30 minutes of snorkeling time, it just doesn't seem worth the cost.

Wild Africa Trek is by far my favorite tour I have ever done at WDW. Now, I haven't done every tour, but I won't hesitate to do WAT again.

We will be in WDW during the week of the 4th and will also be celebrating our daughter's ACTUAL birthday while we are there. Because we can't exactly shower her with gifts (because we're not paying to ship that home!) we'd like to do a special tour with her.

She loves animals and is a swimmer so we're torn on which one. We're looking for feedback from folks who have done either or both tours. What did you like/dislike? Pros/Cons of each etc.

We are also traveling with another family who may join us on the tour. Is there a max# of guests they will allow in the tank? If it were up to me, and money were no object, we'd be doing both but since that's not the case....

We've done both and recommend Wild Africa Trek all the way. No question.

Thank you all so much! I think I'm going to bite the bullet and book it for us for her birthday. She'll love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter